Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania games on Wii's Virtual Console  (Read 5137 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Castlevania games on Wii's Virtual Console
« on: December 22, 2007, 12:06:24 AM »
OK, so we've got I, II, and IV so far. Great! I'll have to buy them soon, to support Konami and the series and to let 'em know I want more, and also to have the convenience of having games on the ready, so as not to hook my archaic NES up to get my Castlevania fix. (And sure, I could just emulate on my computer, but something about that just doesn't seem as great.)

But I really hope that they release more. Particularly III, Bloodlines, Rondo, and SNES Dracula X (unedited with the bloody death, plz). Rondo doesn't seem likely right NOW, seeing as how they're still wanting to sell Dracula X Chronicles, but I really hope that somewhere down the line they eventually do release it. I wanna play it so bad on a TV (and I don't have one that does progressive scan--how do PSP Rondo and SOTN look on a TV, by the way?). There's that .exe file somebody made of the game, which I've been playing, but again...emulating on a computer just isn't the same at all.

Anybody else up for more VC CV games? :O
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania games on Wii's Virtual Console
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 12:22:37 AM »
Althooouuuugh, I sincerely hope Nintendo lowers the prices of its VC games.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mathias Hyperion

• Vampire Hunter
  • Wanderer in time and space
    • The Forgotten Library
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 12:46:24 AM »
In Reply To #1

Perhaps it's because I've never actually played the NES and SNES games (I do have a SNES but it's American (I'm in the UK, and yes I do have a region adaptor thingy, but the power plug leaves a lot to be desired) and doesn't turn on half the time), except on emulators, but I find playing on emulators to be fine. There's (nearly) no issue of conscience since they're 20 years old.

I would like to know if SOTN is going to be the only CV released on XBLA, as I've chosen the 360 over the Wii for Christmas (which is probably just as well, the Wiis are all sold out).
"These are dark times. Times without hope." - Zobek

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 01:36:59 AM »
It's not so much a matter of having a guilty conscience over pirating stuff (I've downloaded about 40-50 music albums within the past few weeks), but rather me just enjoying stuff more if it's on a TV.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 05:11:10 AM »

I want III and Bloodlines, and I want them now.
It would be nice to finally let go of the Mega Drive and the NES. They don't work very well anyway.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 06:25:16 AM »
I want all the castlevania games on VC, though I suppose that isn't going to happen with the ps and ps2 games.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Marty Belmont

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 03:05:27 PM »
I think we should push for Akumajou Densetsu in america. If we write enough letters, it could happen. (I find CV I and III's damage systems to be a pretty cheap way of adding challange (the controls make it challanging enough), whilst AD's system is more akin to CV IV.
PORK

Portrait of Rockin' Kastlevania

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 04:55:46 PM »
I think we should push for Akumajou Densetsu in america. If we write enough letters, it could happen. (I find CV I and III's damage systems to be a pretty cheap way of adding challange (the controls make it challanging enough), whilst AD's system is more akin to CV IV.

Considering IV was released in its edited form (as I'm sure Cybernator did as well, which is unfortunate), I don't really see this happening. Would be great, though.

I played through a ROM where somebody had replaced all the Japanese text with the English text, and it was as easy as that. I like those little details that got taken out or censored in the US version.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Marty Belmont

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 07:01:59 PM »
In Reply To #8

but it is IGA's favorite Game, and you would think he'd want it released in its best form. we should write to him and petition.
PORK

Portrait of Rockin' Kastlevania

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 06:12:20 AM »
In Reply To #9

I agree, but there's one problem. We all speak English, he's Japanese. Well, I guess they could get it translated, but he'd probably just throw it away and laugh.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 06:31:05 AM »
Considering IV was released in its edited form

Aw, that's lazy of them why not release it uncensored and give people a reason to buy it again. That's what the film industry does and it's a really good way to rake in more dough.

I like those little things that got taken out or censored in the US version.

Me too, not to mention the dracula fight is totally diff. and more challenging. Also those bats right before the staircase to his chamber that keep coming while your trying to navigate the swinging pendulums properly aren't there, (why they were added in the first place is beyond me) The story in Densetsu is much more mature as well, and aimed at everyone. The story in the Nes version is terrible and is like something I would see on a saturday morning cartoon.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 06:35:55 AM »
In Reply To #9

I agree, but there's one problem. We all speak English, he's Japanese. Well, I guess they could get it translated, but he'd probably just throw it away and laugh.

Actually most Japanese people know at least basic English, in some games released in JP the text may be all in English. Alot of oldschool nes games like Super Mario Bros. had english text even in JP.
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags: