Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The werewolf in Rondo is no longer nude :o  (Read 9863 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
The werewolf in Rondo is no longer nude :o
« on: December 24, 2007, 12:21:23 PM »
Anyone else notice this? When you play Rondo in DXC, he's now wearing underoos when you defeat him and he turns back into a man, like in the remake. CENSORSHIP LAME :O
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: The werewolf in Rondo is no longer nude :o
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 12:38:12 PM »
Is it really that big a deal?? If you want to see some wango's in Castlevania, check out the teleportation rooms in SotN. Hopefully that'll satisfy your anti-censorship needs
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 12:42:38 PM »
In Reply To #1

It's lame because he wasn't wearing anything as a werewolf. The underwear just appeared out of nowhere.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 01:16:57 PM »
In Reply To #3

His underwear must have been covered by his fur.

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 01:56:01 PM »
In Reply To #4

I don't think anyone on Iga's team wanted to make a 2.5D wang. If you want to see wang when the werewolf dies, play the ORIGINAL rondo on the disk, he has no underwear. It's something I noticed when the remake had underwear, but the non-remake wolf didn't.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 03:56:16 PM »
What disappointed me with the port and remake is that the giant playing card mini-boss and it's death scene, from the pirate ship level, was switched to a giant painting with a less cool death scene. I guess the switch from giant playing card to a painting makes sense, but it shouldn't have been changed for the original port.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 04:37:33 PM »
Uh there never was a card there the painting wasn't added in to the PSP release. As far as I know other than the title screen being changed it's a straight port.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 05:43:44 PM »
That mini-boss of sorts was always a painting in Rondo. Never was a playing card...

And yeah, the PSP version appears to be a direct port, except for the already noted title screen and newly-drawn undies on the werewolf. And of course for the English voices and text, AND THE AWFUL AUDIO DELAY DURING CUTSCENES. Also, the original German intro audio is replaced with the remake's, whether you have the language set to English or Japanese, which is totally bogus as I dig the original narrator, despite not understanding what's being said. "In der guten alten Zeit..."

Other than that, it's true to the original. There may be other things different, but I haven't caught on to them yet.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 05:48:32 PM »
I just find it funny that they took the time to tack on some new colored pixels (purple, was it?) to the guy's crotch. It's not like you saw a pecker originally, it's just a peach spot signifying he's now naked. BUT THAT CAN'T BE ALLOWED.

I haven't gotten too far into the PSP port of SOTN, but I wonder if they covered up all the boobs, and the dicks in the warp rooms.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 05:51:33 PM »
And of course for the English voices and text, AND THE AWFUL AUDIO DELAY DURING CUTSCENES.

The audio delay isn't really that bad, and for some of the scenes the audio and video sync properly, I know when you rescue Iris the scene had no delay.
This also may be a problem in the original game too, I'm not sure cuz every video I've seen on Youtube of the cutscenes from the original game the audio and video are always out of sync.

Also, the original German intro audio is replaced with the remake's, whether you have the language set to English or Japanese, which is totally bogus as I dig the original narrator, despite not understanding what's being said. "In der guten alten Zeit..."

Yeah the intro should have been in German like the PCEngine original, translating it was dumb. We're not supposed to understand what's being said it takes place in Eastern Europe. :P

I just find it funny that they took the time to tack on some new colored pixels (purple, was it?) to the guy's crotch. It's not like you saw a pecker originally, it's just a peach spot signifying he's now naked. BUT THAT CAN'T BE ALLOWED.

I haven't gotten too far into the PSP port of SOTN, but I wonder if they covered up all the boobs, and the dicks in the warp rooms.

no those are still there, I believe Kurt said in the main site that the werewolf is censored in the Japanese release of DXC too. I don't think it's an issue of nudity as you don't actually see anything.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 05:56:39 PM by The Last Belmont »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 07:15:38 PM »
Yeah the intro should have been in German like the PCEngine original, translating it was dumb. We're not supposed to understand what's being said it takes place in Eastern Europe. :P

It still is in German. o_O It just has new wording and a new narrator.

As for the cutscenes, the audio's never been out of sync when I've played the original. On the PSP, the scene with Dracula and Annette is REALLY delayed, by a good number of seconds. It's awful.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 07:26:29 PM »
Is it really that big a deal?? If you want to see some wango's in Castlevania, check out the teleportation rooms in SotN. Hopefully that'll satisfy your anti-censorship needs

I was just about to make a topic about that :O

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 09:14:08 PM »
It still is in German.

Your right must've had one too many shots last night.  ;)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 09:23:43 PM »
Uh there never was a card there the painting wasn't added in to the PSP release. As far as I know other than the title screen being changed it's a straight port.

Hmmmm...I could have swore it was a giant playing card. Guess I have to go back and play it again soon.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2007, 10:56:42 PM »
In Reply To #14

The painting is in the remake. Haven't played the original but I know it's in the remake.

Tags:

anything