Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Alucard in LOS2 good or sick freak (spoilers sort of)  (Read 5579 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
Alucard in LOS2 good or sick freak (spoilers sort of)
« on: May 07, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »
In SOTN we don't see Alucard kill humans even though he kills living things. But in the DLC he kills members of the Brotherhood with whom he like his father once were members. Not only does he kill the Brotherhood warriors but he also drinks their blood. Furthermore, in the beginning when Dracula is in the chamber with 3 kidnapped humans whom he subsequently kills and or blood sucks leads me to a question. Did Alucard know of those victims? If he would not or could not help them then did he become evil in some way?

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Alucard in LOS2 good or sick freak (spoilers sort of)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:44:02 PM »
+1
Gameplay over story mostly. They are stage enemies, so he fights them. He needs a health replenishing mechanic so he licks his sword instead of chowing down. he also isn't as brutal as his dad. Dracul rips people in half, burns peoples skulls off, and rips hearts out. Alucard slits throats discreetly and swiftly, and licks a bit off the blade.

He never directly feeds off of Humans.

that said, he still needs to actually feed to live, so he feeds a little bit. The Hotel/Apartment/talks about a popular movie based on him, based on legends of the character, and how he fed off of pure maidens without harming or killing them.

keep in mind, this Alucard is FULL vampire. oldlucard was only half and half. He can eat pudding and mushrooms and shit like that.

Also, the ENTIRE gambit was ridiculously strange, but thats just how the story rolls.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 07:27:13 PM »
I would also say that this Alucard is acting in self-defense kinda. He is killing them only because they tried to kill him first. He's not like Dracula who swarms innocent villages with evil creatures to chow down on them.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »
In the DLC, he only kills the brotherhood knights in self-defense. Plus, as already said, in the LoS universe, he is a full vampire and thus needs to drink human blood. As for kidnapping that family that Dracula feeds off of, it was a necessary part for Dracula to start regaining his powers. The whole plan hinged on Dracula being dormant and regaining his powers so that he could kill both Satan and Zobek. Think about it. Sacrificing three humans to defeat two great evils. On the grand scale, it is for the greater good. Besides, we don't know if it really was Alucard or Zobek who captured the family.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 02:07:52 PM »
Didn´t Cox said once if Alucard have to drink human blood he would look more like Trevor and less... Hmm... Undead... Then why if the Brotherhood Knights are humans and he feed on them he still looks like that?

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 02:58:20 PM »
I must admit, that's something which puzzled me as well.  I thought that if it was that if he drank enough human blood, he would revert somewhat.  I also thougt that the reason that his skin was so dark grey when he first woke up was due to having been under for 30 years, while he slowly changed, and so being rather starve of blood he looked even more undead.
  As for general feeding, it was stated that he'd drink from willing victims but never kill them by taking too much.  Through carefully finding a balance of feeding but not taking enough to regain his old appearance, he would remain white haired.  He would therefore both keep to his morals and also 'remain' Alucard rather than reverting to something more akin to his human self, if you get me?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:04:25 PM by tatteredseraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 03:07:42 PM »
There's a difference between taking a sip here and there, and having a feast.

Alucard licks his blade and takes a small sip from pretty women now and then- the bare minimum to stay alive.

Dracula drains people dry and eats their hearts.

Alucard has qualms about being the same monster as his father,

Dracula has embraced his monstrous side.

Alucard has also discarded his former identity in all ways, as he can never go back, simply declaring himself his father's antethesis.

Dracula still holds on to "Gabriel", and how he was wronged by everyone, and it's really the whole reason for everything he does. I mean, even his appearance. He's literally Gabriel as he would look a few years shut away in isolation. longer hair, and his beard has grown out.

No matter how much he declares Gabriel Belmont is dead, or he is NO LONGER GABRIEL, WOMAN! I AM THE DRAGON, RAWR! He really still is. Which is why he's so damn eaisly swayed by visions of his wife, and of the son he never saw grow up.

I thought that would be obvious.

Also, Alucard does look prettier than he did in MoF. In MoF his face was much more sullen and gaunt. In LoS2 his face is fuller and prettier looking. So while he hasn't fed enough to have the same level of power as his father, (he still needs a physical weapons as opposed to Gabe who can just manifest his weapons out of pure hate, loneliness and his own blood) or to regain his black hair and some skin tone, he's fed enough to get by, with the side effects being him regaining just enough to not look like a corpse.

once could argue it's a matter of in game graphics not matching art, but Simon and Trevor look just fine, as does Dracula. So it's obviously intentional.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:16:00 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 03:14:52 PM »
It would be interesting to know if he'd ever mucked up badly, especially during his younger days, and ended up feeding so much that he did revert, and in doing so learnt where his limits were before he regained his dark hair and a relatively healthier looking appearance.  I completely agree, Flame, that he does look so much prettier in 2 than in MoF.  I'd also figured that his very different palidity to Drac was an intentional thin.  Plus, if you look at the artwork, he's depicted in some of them as having very dark grey skin.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 05:36:14 PM »
Couldn't this have also been a result of Al's shape-shifting? His powers apparently let him transform into a were-beast, a bat, a large white wolf, and a young version of himself, so maybe his dead appearance is a result of a willing decision to maintain a certain form.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 06:17:56 PM »
Or, perhaps his dead appearance is a result of the fact that he was essentially dead when he was turned. I mean it's not like he regain consciousness after receiving Dracula's blood in MoF. It took 30 years for him to revive. So, it's likely that he was dead and the blood his father Dracula gave him slowly resurrected him as a vampire over the course of those years. Hence, his current appearance.

Then again, it's more likely that he hasn't consumed enough blood to achieve his old appearance and as a result, he may not even be at his full potential.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 06:40:14 PM »
Gameplay over story mostly. They are stage enemies, so he fights them. He needs a health replenishing mechanic so he licks his sword instead of chowing down. he also isn't as brutal as his dad. Dracul rips people in half, burns peoples skulls off, and rips hearts out. Alucard slits throats discreetly and swiftly, and licks a bit off the blade.

He never directly feeds off of Humans.

that said, he still needs to actually feed to live, so he feeds a little bit. The Hotel/Apartment/talks about a popular movie based on him, based on legends of the character, and how he fed off of pure maidens without harming or killing them.

keep in mind, this Alucard is FULL vampire. oldlucard was only half and half. He can eat pudding and mushrooms and shit like that.

Also, the ENTIRE gambit was ridiculously strange, but thats just how the story rolls.

That bit is semantic BS.
He may be feeding less, but he is still killing humans.
Just because he doesn't drink as much of their blood doesn't change anything.
Granted you are correct, that Trevorcard is full vampire, but that doesn't change anything either.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 07:09:44 PM »
+1
It does matter actually. Alucard could very easily have had similar finishers to Dracula, but instead, he just slits throats and licks the blade.

It's perfectly intentional, and relevant. It marks how different him and Drac are.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »
It doesn't because the comparison in this topic is a comparison of the original Alucard to Trevorcard, not Trevorcard to Gabula.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 08:01:02 PM »
fair enough

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 09:16:19 PM »
maybe he's supposed to represent the alternate version of Alucard from that one Sypha fanfic I wrote

anything