Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Alucard Spear complement weapon  (Read 7689 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »
"Arukādo" and "Erikku Rikādo"

That's interesting. I have to wonder if IGA intentionally took it a step further then what was originally thought as an in-joke by the VK producer.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2016, 01:21:02 PM »
http://shmuplations.com/patreonlist/

Damn.  I wish I had money to spend so I could be a patron and vote for the Castlevania interviews.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 02:20:33 PM »
I'm being snarky, but please understand that I'm not trying to antagonize you out of spite or anything like this. You came here, asked one thing and I provided the answer. THEN you start trying to refute what I said with "this isn't canon because IGA is so and so."

But that's the thing right there, I said your point was good, I just pointed something out and you blew your top. like someone was attacking you, for just having another view, going so far as name calling. And yes my family history is import,
No I agree it does not give me CV PHD, but it does fill one in, about all the Legends and what have you.
I thought that the whip was made of Alchemy back in Castlevania Dracula X.

But you seem to think this whole thing is some huge attacked on you, and its not. I mean the words you put,
"Moved the goalposts" it was never about points, that's the point of a Forum, to point out ideas and discuss them, and until this post I thought this was what it was, but you seem very upset,
I even said that it was my fault I was not clear  on what I was asking. As far I thought  the question was over, as no one really knew. As that part of the canon is lost
but yet we were still taking about it, and I took that to mean we were shearing ideas, but then we get all this.
so look I'm sorry if my points up set you. but I can say with 100% that this was not an attack on you.

and my point on what was more powerful undead killer or the spear.  I was going by all I have read, and seen, and my research, has pointed to the undead killer, as it said it was close to the VK.  And as the VK is the best weapon in CV, it was stand to reason, that anything that is close to that, would be a very powerful weapon.  and the point of the spear was that

Eric thought
it was all powerful, and it was very but as Alucard said himself "The spear is a tool to compliment the power of the whip" Nothing more" and I have never read anything saying that it almost as powerful.

but then I am one man, I do not know all the answers., but my respect has gone up for IGA, as it was his idea to make it a complement weapon.

but look again sorry if anything I said  upset you I only saw this a  lively discussion of ideas, I never meant to attack  you or anyone, I'm grateful for the help you all gave me. I feel really bad about all this, I really saw this as a bit of fun.
So look lets just put this behind us.

Oh and yes, I can't get anyone an undead killer, but I can  point you to the right place if you what blessed items including weapons. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:59:42 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2016, 03:44:28 PM »
It's OK, Guy Belmont. We're all good now  :) Sorry for the extreme snark up there.

Perhaps the answer to this can be found in an interview with the director of Bloodlines that is listed on Shmuplations:

http://shmuplations.com/patreonlist/

The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 04:16:59 PM »
It's OK, Guy Belmont. We're all good now  :) Sorry for the extreme snark up there.

No its cool man, it was just crossed lines.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Tags: