Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Animated Series to be on Netflix?!  (Read 41051 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Castlevania Animated Series to be on Netflix?!
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2017, 06:27:07 PM »
I want the next two seasons to be about Hector and Juste's furniture collecting hobby.

Nah man, Hector's toilet seat :P

Also my last msg was a bit fired #presidentoftheunitedstates
Sorry peops, should learn to cool my testes.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2017, 06:28:12 PM »
Holy shit. Adi Shankar just agreed to do an interview with me on the next Bloodstained Community Broadcast. Ask your questions In this thread on the Bloodstained Forums. No registration required. Guest logins are fine if you don't wanna stick around.

Ahhh my boy... I'll most certainly take the chance.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2017, 08:11:38 PM »
Hopefully he will use classic enemies and bosses while keeping more or less character portrayals, instead of random enemies, names slapped in for no reason other than "Durr look who's in the game except its not important anymore" (Sypha Im looking at you) and barrels like in Mirror of Fate.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2017, 09:07:08 PM »
Ask him when we can expect a visual teaser that showcases the art style or just a trailer soon

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2017, 03:40:50 AM »
+1
Holy shit. Adi Shankar just agreed to do an interview with me on the next Bloodstained Community Broadcast. Ask your questions In this thread on the Bloodstained Forums. No registration required. Guest logins are fine if you don't wanna stick around.

Wow, nice one, Mike!  Lots of good opportunities here.  I'm looking forward to seeing what's said.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2017, 10:31:50 PM »
Registered for it!  ;]

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2017, 11:30:16 AM »
Good stuff! Hopefully we'll get a bit more info on how this will go. Personally, if it ends up being mediocre, it still reminds people that Castlevania is (still) a thing.
(click to show/hide)

Offline JayDominus

• Count Janus Dominus
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2017, 01:25:58 PM »
The 'Surely Grant's name should be re-translated as Grant Danesti rather than fully ditching him' point has also baffled me as to why it's not been done already even when the project was originally under development ten years ago.  For anyone who's actually looked at the real Vlad III's history, the DaNasty -> Danesti is insanely obvious....  I suppose that we will find out one way or the other in the not too distant future.
While we're at it, can we have all the mistranslated names retranslated? Belnades, Lecarde, et cetera.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2017, 05:41:43 PM »
If they are gonna do that then they gotta call the series Akumajo Dracula. Since you want them to use the Japanese names.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2017, 12:26:08 AM »
Personally, if it ends up being mediocre, it still reminds people that Castlevania is (still) a thing.

If it can draw attention to the series and convince Konami to make a brand new game, then that's a plus. I'm not getting my hopes up for that, but it would be nice to see.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2017, 10:04:59 AM »
He didn't outright ditch Grant. He just thought Grant was too minor to introduce on the first movie (and offered a number of crap excuse to back this up). I certainly think he will appear on this Netflix show, but guess what? It'll have another season planned for 2018, with the one coming out now having four 30 minutes-long episodes.

I don't wanna wait until 2018 to see Grant, to be fairly honest to you. In fact I don't want to see tasteless humor, nor Gresit bishop, nor gore for gore's sake, nor Sypha being anything but a witch sent by the Church, nor Trevor "using his superior fighting skills" (whatever the hell this means) to defeat Cyclops inside some underground ruins (is it so hard to make it into a creepy-ass forest?). I don't want this bullshit, and I'm afraid this is exactly the bullshit we will get.

There is plenty of material on the original canon to work with and the only excuse for not adapting this material is not having done enough research.

Exmaplined pretty much what I'd like to see- og Castlevania where it was dark fantasy and there was magic but the Belmonts were still human and were still vulnerable. Yes Sypha gives Belmonts like Richter and Juste their magic but I hate whenever the Belmonts have super saiyan powers. You're right, though, I don't think they'll go that route. If it is over the top action but still quality material though, I won't let that ruin my enjoyment even if it does irk me a bit

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2017, 11:32:44 AM »
We got a poster, from Adi Shankar's facebook page:

Well it's DEFINITELY got the mood down!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2017, 01:33:01 PM »
That's a very nonsensical looking castle.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2017, 02:12:59 PM »

Man... I actually really love the craziness of this castle. It makes it seem more like a supernaturally built structure with a different type of purpose.

The logo is great too.

Very cool!

The deciding moment on art will be a character like Trevor or Alucard.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2017, 02:26:37 PM »

I'm not feeling it. It's not bad, I just think it's missing the point.

When I first saw this weeks ago (yes, this has been unveiled much earlier than Shankar posted it on Facebook) I thought it was just a random "evil castle" artwork they found on Google to use as illustration.

For a random artwork whose purpose or character I didn't know at the time, I thought it looked properly terrifying and technically good. But now that I know this is supposed to be Dracula's Castle, I'm not very fond of it.

For me it looks too forced, too "metal". While the obvious bizarre structure conveys the "you will not want to be here, man" feeling, and while it's a good thing that this design draws parallels with the CVIII castle in overall disposition of stuff, it looks to me that someone didn't get the part where Dracula was supposed to be living PEACEFULLY amongst humans, in a castle that holds a façade of a "totally normal albeit a bit too large castle" until Dracula lost his mind. You can't be very peaceful when you live on the Obviously Evil Castle, can you?

From what I gather, and this comes a lot from personal opinion based on what I have perceived on the series mind you, the castle doesn't LOOK obviously eldritch from its exterior. It's only when you squint that you start noticing the absurd stuff from the outside -- in special Dracula's room hanging on nothing but a stairway. The devil is on the details, and this poster is too on-your-face, I think.

We don't know much about the plot, so we don't have much context or know if the castle will like transform or something, or if Dracula will shape up this evil castle when he goes mad. It could be anything and I'm passing early judgment. But this looks like somewhere where Bowser would live in, not Dracula.

EDIT: Coming from the future to tell myself that yeah, the castle was exactly this from the onset, and yeah, this "teaser" poster was as final as final comes.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 05:49:39 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Tags: