Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 192124 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #795 on: November 18, 2018, 09:48:06 AM »
Guys, if anyone had followed this guys work at all you would know that literally every fan product this guy has made is part of his "bootleg multiverse."  So a cross over between Castlevania and Devil May Cry is about as likely as a crossover with Dredd, or Power Rangers.

Pretty much this, and I've also been telling people who asked my opinion the same thing.

If you're familiar with Shankar you know that 1) he says these kinds of hype-generating one liners all the time knowing full well what he's doing and 2) his "bootleg multiverse" has existed for some years now, in the shape of separate Venom, Dredd, Punisher and Power Rangers "Bootleg Universes".

Visit Shankar's channel. You'll see that Castlevania has belonged on a "Bootleg Universe" of its own for a while. This talk of multiverse isn't exactly news to his persona.

All he truly said is that Devil May Cry is joining his "style" of doing stuff. He just gave it the "Bootleg Multiverse" name.

PS: I would still not rule out a crossover. Shankar likes his fanfiction and is basically Super Waffle with more influence. I'm just saying it's a bit too early to jump to "crossover" conclusions based on a specific wording that Shankar knows exactly what means.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:29:50 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #796 on: November 18, 2018, 10:37:16 AM »
I'm sure he would do it if he could.  And I would be totally down, DMC is my 2nd favorite game series, and with some light universe tweeking it could work out fine.  That said, I doubt Konami and Capcom would ever sign off on this.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #797 on: November 18, 2018, 10:35:11 PM »
+1
PS: I would still not rule out a crossover. Shankar likes his fanfiction and is basically Super Waffle with more influence.

Oh boy, I'm so happy I didn't take a drink while reading this or it would have splattered on the PC screen. Hahahahahaha

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #798 on: November 19, 2018, 09:44:45 AM »
Well, the week of mainly bed rest that I had last week did wonders.  I drove today at last!  Two months after surgery, wooohooo!  I treated my friends who’ve been helping me out to pizza as a thank you, as they came with me in case I found it was too soon to drive, and too painful to be able to drive.  But hey, I’m seeing this as a few months of discomfort and inconvenience vs the decades of pain that I’ve been in, because my old GO wouldn’t investigate the source of the pain.

As for the DMC shared multiverse, I likewise hope that it’s not too much of a crossover tbh.  A shared look and aesthetic and tone I wouldn’t be against.  If they go for the same kind of animation style as Castlevania I’d be really quite happy with that.  Seeing as personally I’ve really liked what they’ve done with Castlevania, I have faith in them for Devil May Cry.  I’ve got the first three games, I just suck at them.  But I love the universe.
Well I'm glad you things seem to be getting better, but i'm sorry they  didn't investigate  were the pain was coming from till now. Its very shocking  to hear  as  you've been in pain for so long, but I'm glad things hopefully will pick up from here.

Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #799 on: November 19, 2018, 10:38:07 AM »
Cheers, much appreciated.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #800 on: November 19, 2018, 12:24:47 PM »
Cheers, much appreciated.
No prob.

Also found this as I was just Looking over the Belmont hold again i'm sure others found this too but if not here.

I mean this show just keeps getting better and better its  filled with so much EEs
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:45:11 PM by Guy Belmont »

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #801 on: November 19, 2018, 12:36:01 PM »
No prob.

Also found this as I was just Looking over the Belmont hold again i'm sure others found this too but if not here.

I mean this show just keeps getting better and better.

Oh yeah, the library has whacked out loads of Easter Eggs. If you actually look at them closely, they even have the cataloging numbers from the SOTN bestiary

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #802 on: November 19, 2018, 12:45:53 PM »
Oh yeah, the library has whacked out loads of Easter Eggs. If you actually look at them closely, they even have the cataloging numbers from the SOTN bestiary
Hmmm they did really well with all that.

I thought this was cool really, really Cool.
(click to show/hide)

and the other side has a map, it looks like the one from CV 3, BUT it also has Hits on both the maps seen in Loi and DoS and Simon's quest.
I mean This is amazing, the detail of these refs just blows my mind, I love this show.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:55:42 PM by Guy Belmont »

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #803 on: November 21, 2018, 09:51:23 AM »
I hope Alucard employs the Master Librarian to help with all that stuff in the belmont library.  Maybe even look after it while he takes his centuries long nap.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:53:11 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #804 on: November 21, 2018, 08:14:32 PM »
I hope Alucard employs the Master Librarian to help with all that stuff in the belmont library.  Maybe even look after it while he takes his centuries long nap.
... Have... have you been reading my fanfiction or something?  Like... this was the premise of an entire chapter... >_>

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #805 on: November 22, 2018, 09:59:39 AM »
Is the Master Librarian capable of leaving Castlevania? I thought he was bound to it or something.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #806 on: November 22, 2018, 01:16:32 PM »
Is the Master Librarian capable of leaving Castlevania? I thought he was bound to it or something.

Different universe, different rules (also no word that he can't leave the castle or something, we don't even know what he's supposed to be, a ghost, vampire, etc).
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #807 on: November 22, 2018, 03:27:37 PM »
[...] we don't even know what he's supposed to be, a ghost, vampire, etc.

librarian

he is a librarian

his species is librarian of the genus master

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #808 on: November 22, 2018, 08:04:31 PM »
You never know, that how we may get the Alucard spear in the Netflix universe, by mixing the counts  knowledge of science and magic, and the Belmont's knowledge of hunting and magic. I think that be cool. as I always believed that the Alucard made the spear, by texts he found in the  his family's  book of secret arts.

So i thought in the TV show, it be cool if he made the spear from a mix of both, a nice way to call back to it but give it a new life too.

Ad thinking about it Gandolfi most likely used other stuff he found in the book, to make the armour  he sold, and on a bigger note, maybe others used stuff from that book.  So that why stuff like holy armour and what not, find there way  into the castle as there maybe a link.

As the stuff you sometimes find there seem to work against the counts plans.

But that's just  what i think.  :rollseyes:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 08:10:57 PM by Guy Belmont »

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #809 on: November 22, 2018, 11:26:03 PM »
... Have... have you been reading my fanfiction or something?  Like... this was the premise of an entire chapter... >_>
no, but maybe i should.  where can i find it?

Tags: