Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 192212 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2017, 03:51:07 PM »
If this does well, what game will they adapt into a series next? Rondo of Blood?

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2017, 03:54:21 PM »
Wow, this actually looks kinda cool.  Then again, I guess my expectations were down after hearing Frederator would be animating it.  Still, am curious to see how this plays out now.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2017, 03:55:10 PM »
Higher quality trailer

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2017, 03:58:00 PM »
This looks incredible.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2017, 03:59:30 PM »
The trailer itself is better than all three Lords of Shit games combined. David Cox and his staff of dimwitted fuck asses have been outdone by a trailer. Hopefully he goes to Kennedy's Chicken in NYC and eats himself to the point where he can't walk anymore so that this world doesn't have to stomach his pitiful excuses for video games anymore.

Goddamn you can hold a grudge like a motherfucker.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2017, 04:01:57 PM »
I love it when this place is busy!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2017, 04:06:16 PM »
"Inspired by the classic video game series, Castlevania is a dark medieval fantasy following the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself."

4 x 30 minutes

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2017, 04:09:42 PM »
I honestly hate to be that guy... but it looks... safe?

Everything looks as expected... nothing really stands out to me.
I thought I would be really excited when the trailer dropped but I feel empty.
There isn't much to talk about sadly.

I guess Grant is in it. Yay?

Edit: Nevermind. I guess the knife thrower at the he end was Trevor too.

I agree it was safe as fuck. Not BAD, but safe. I also think they jumped the shark by not using an actual CVIII theme such as Opening.

Also, black haired Dracula. The animation already does something better about CVIII than IGA did (fucking insisting on SotN Dracula for CVIII).

Trevor already has the scar on his eye. Well... I'll be THAT guy and say I don't really like that, as the scar is gained from fighting Dracula at the end. It's his "symbol" of victory. Oh well.

There was a segment of Dante's Inferno that had a similar animation to this. I'm just hoping THIS does it better.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2017, 04:14:36 PM »
I'd rather have "safe" than another dramatic reboot like Lords of Shadow or something different.

This looks like a great mix of the old high fantasy art from the classic era and a bit of the new from the Ayami Kojima era, I'm getting a little bit of Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D vibes from the overall art direction.

All in all this screams Castlevania to me, they've sold me. I just got one question, though...

Where's Grant???

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2017, 04:14:50 PM »
Whoops, in my excitement I missed that the trailer had been posted lol. Well, it's got me a bit hyped. This could be great. Though still too early to tell. Got my hopes up though.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:20:32 PM by Ratty »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2017, 04:18:19 PM »
Turns out Frederator is not animating this after all according to an animator who posts on NeoGAF:

http://www.studiomir.co.kr/en/

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2017, 04:19:35 PM »
REALLY... reaching for the hate now.  This is looking awesome.  I am so psyched, everybody looks right. Trevor is an awesome fusion of his CoD and Simon in MiD. Coy not be more stoked. Sypha looked perfect, and if alucard puts on a shirt I'm totally game.  Holy crap guys. ????????????????
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2017, 04:21:13 PM »
I hear for the safe route rather than the dark, gritty and serious Lords of Shadow route.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2017, 04:21:44 PM »

Where's Grant???

"Nah Grant is too dumb" -Warren Ellis

I'm not even kidding.

EDIT: I AM kidding on the way he said that. He used a great deal more words to explain (haphazardly) why he thought Grant was dumb way back on the other script.

While him not showing up is weird considering we have Alucard and Sypha showing up, this doesn't mean Grant isn't there...

...but I sure hope it is.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:23:21 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Grant is a no show, seems to be a running tradition to give Grant the shaft.

Tags:

anything