Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 194306 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #255 on: July 03, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »
Huh, I was under the impression they would wrap up all of Dracula's Curse in four episodes. That soundtrack listing suggests otherwise.
(click to show/hide)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: July 03, 2017, 11:49:15 PM »
Huh, I was under the impression they would wrap up all of Dracula's Curse in four episodes. That soundtrack listing suggests otherwise.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #257 on: July 04, 2017, 12:07:32 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #258 on: July 04, 2017, 12:57:54 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Uh-oh, I saw the word "goat" in one of the sound track titles.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: July 04, 2017, 01:20:04 AM »
Yeah I noticed that too. I never read the full script but I trust you guys when you say it's as bad as you all say it is...

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: July 04, 2017, 05:11:28 AM »
I gave in to temptation and watched some of those clips.  So far, I'm impressed.  Dracula and Lisa sound brilliant, even though I was expecting a slightly softer voice for Lisa.  Those intro credits though.... just wow.  The animation style isn't what I expected, but it's perfect.  I love how it's playing on the suspicions of everyone, and how even the heroes are outcasts on the fringe of society.  I love how the various things depicted shift and flow into one another.  Beautiful. 

(click to show/hide)
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: July 04, 2017, 08:20:36 AM »
So no classic tracks practically confirmed. Unless they pull a Lords of Shadow and sneak 3 seconds of a tune somewhere in there.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: July 04, 2017, 08:51:09 AM »
To be honest, I don't mind if the music goes in its own direction, perhaps with only at most nods to the classic tunes.  Different music styles work in different contexts.  Let the series breathe on its own a bit, and have its own style.  I wasn't entirely won over by the cedits music on its own initially, but seeing it with the animation in place changed my mind somewhat, and I feel that the music works.  I'd love to hear some reworkings of the classic songs, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.  I'm also very fond of some of LoS's music, which I feel worked for those games.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: July 04, 2017, 12:40:09 PM »
All I'm saying is Castlevania 3 without Grant or Beginning is just... not right.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #264 on: July 04, 2017, 08:21:28 PM »
I feel like a lot of people in this thread have poor reading comprehension, or they just think the people who've been following the project for over a decade are just talking out of our behinds...  I mean how can anyone following this thread be surprised by the fact that season 1 won't finish the Cv3 story, me and plot, and many others have been telling you that since like page 2...  Grant will show up, they've just rearranged the story.  They want Trevor, Sypha, and Alucard to come together before heading to the castle, which makes much more sense from a storytelling standpoint.  Gives us more time to get to know the characters, and for them to interact.  I really don't think the first hour and a half of this series just focusing on Trevor walking and whipping would have been very entertaining...

Given the fact that Grant has been captured/transformed into a guard for Dracula we won't be seeing him until the trio starts the march, which seems to be where season 1 will finish.  Given that season 2 is 8 episodes, I am guessing it will cover the rest of Cv3's story.  It was 3 movies, now it's 12 episodes, each movie adapted into 4 episodes.  I expect Grant to appear pretty early in season 2.  As he originally was meant to show up in the 2nd movie.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #265 on: July 04, 2017, 08:56:13 PM »
REALLY SIMPLE EXPLANATION FOR ARC CHANGES PEOPLE SEEM TO BE OVERLOOKING

REALLY SIMPLE EXPLANATION FOR ARC CHANGES PEOPLE SEEM TO BE OVERLOOKING

sypha is love interest

love interests need more time to develop than a side character

boom, explained, done

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: July 04, 2017, 10:03:54 PM »
Wow, some spoilers in here. Chill guys some of us didn't read the old script.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2017, 02:25:00 PM »
I just noticed the chest scar on Alucard form the 300 year old concept art.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:28:47 PM by EstebanT »

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: July 06, 2017, 07:18:29 AM »
http://nerdist.com/netflix-castlevania-eerie-theme-song-nintendo-game-exclusive/

Here's a new track, but just like the Main Title it's probably better with context.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2017, 09:48:56 AM »
http://nerdist.com/netflix-castlevania-eerie-theme-song-nintendo-game-exclusive/

Here's a new track, but just like the Main Title it's probably better with context.
I actually like it a lot. Reminds me of some of the music from SCVIV.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Tags: