Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 194293 times)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2017, 08:23:19 AM »
Adi Shankar: The first thing I thought about was music and how we needed to avoid the traditional sword-and-sandal orchestra cliche and use the heavy metal electro guitar vibe found in the early games.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #286 on: July 07, 2017, 08:33:39 AM »
I watched the first two episodes and I thought it was absolutely terrible. The dialogue is just embarrassing. It's even worse than I imagined it would be.

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2017, 08:47:54 AM »
wow
Are they going to fix all the animation botches in the BDs?

GOAT-FUCKING SCENE CONFIRMED
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #288 on: July 07, 2017, 08:48:39 AM »
Somehow I find it immensely entertaining that

(click to show/hide)

Don't ask me why. I just find it strangely fitting, after a fashion.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #289 on: July 07, 2017, 08:51:57 AM »
I love that this is a thing that exists.

Could have used more marketing though.

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #290 on: July 07, 2017, 09:22:24 AM »
I gotta admit, this was fuckin' BADASS!! Binged all four episodes and LOVED THEM! Can't wait for season 2, and hope that after they finish the CV3 saga, they think about adapting another saga (Christopher or Simon's stories).

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #291 on: July 07, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »
The cyclops battle with Auto Description on is beautiful

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #292 on: July 07, 2017, 09:50:37 AM »
in the new season they could introduce Grant as a thief.  doesn't have to be a pirate.

they already took some creative liberties with CVIII not in the original. 

they could have Grant at least in one episode be badass, and killed off if they don't want to juggle more characters than they can handle, would be proper respect to one of Castlevania III's essential and canon characters. the animated series is incomplete due to their narrow minded opinion about Grant, if their occupation doesn't fit the location, then change them to thief.   simple.  and he's dressed like a thief, even uses a knife.

Order of Ecclesia would be interesting for a animated series, though they already have their hands full with the current one.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #294 on: July 07, 2017, 01:42:30 PM »
http://deadline.com/2017/07/castlevania-animated-series-renewed-season-2-netflix-1202125024/

Season 2 confirmed by Netflix

*Rubs hands in glee*  Excellent news!  :D  Let's hope that this new bit of fresh blood for the series helps as much as we hope that it does.  I certainly want to see more. :)
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #295 on: July 07, 2017, 05:21:23 PM »
I watched it all in one setting.  It was okay and wasn't surprised that the infamous "goat fucking" scene was present.  I did find it odd that Alucard was only sleeping under the town for a year rather than decades or centuries.  However, that is an issue with the actual Castlevania timeline (according to the wiki, Lisa Tepes was alive until around the 1470s and the events of CVII takes place in 1476.  Would have been great if Ellis did some liberties with the timeline. 

Other than that, I love how the water fountain from Alcuard's fight with the succubus is in the animated show as it shows that the creators were being faithful to the game.  I also thought that the daark shards Dracula was using in building up his army was a homage to the save room with RPG dice-looking thingy in SOTN.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: July 07, 2017, 05:29:28 PM »
THE HYPE WAS REAL

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #297 on: July 07, 2017, 05:50:18 PM »
I really liked it!

The animation, voices, were all great.

I don't really like the swearing. Not because I'm offended (I'm not), I just don't think it fits at all.

The violence was nothing worth mentioning.

The music was good but it didnt embrace Castlevania's identity the way it should have. If I were composing it I would've worked harder to incorporate Castlevania traditions. The music feels empty to me like the MOF soundtrack.

My only other complaint is the overusage of falling through floors. I feel like everywhere Trevor went he was falling through the floors.

Other than those gripes I thought it was great.

It's the best CV thing to come around in a long time.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:51:55 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #298 on: July 07, 2017, 08:22:13 PM »
I watched it all in one setting.  It was okay and wasn't surprised that the infamous "goat fucking" scene was present.  I did find it odd that Alucard was only sleeping under the town for a year rather than decades or centuries.  However, that is an issue with the actual Castlevania timeline (according to the wiki, Lisa Tepes was alive until around the 1470s and the events of CVII takes place in 1476.  Would have been great if Ellis did some liberties with the timeline. 

Other than that, I love how the water fountain from Alcuard's fight with the succubus is in the animated show as it shows that the creators were being faithful to the game.  I also thought that the daark shards Dracula was using in building up his army was a homage to the save room with RPG dice-looking thingy in SOTN.

The thing is they do address Alucard's weird circular prophecy in that the Speakers  get prophecies from the future. That might be a reference to Saint Germain, the mysterious time traveler from Curse of Darkness. The idea is that the information about the warrior was true...but the warrior wouldn't appear until Alucard took rest in his coffin.

Anyway, having watched it I have this to say: they nailed it. They finally made a good video game adaptation in the West. Hats off to Ellis and Shankar for seeing it through and for performances of the cast, even if MacTavish and Callis had little screen time. The series really drips with the kind of atmosphere I'd expect out of the series, giving that Gothic horror, dark fantasy oppression straight out of Vampire Hunter D or Berserk. Definitely looking forward to Season 2.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #299 on: July 07, 2017, 11:29:18 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Tags: