Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 194373 times)

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #405 on: July 15, 2017, 08:54:59 AM »
+1
I go away for a couple of days and suddenly this thread:

Not nearly that awesome, unfortunately.

Anyway, another interview with Shankar in which he makes an interesting comment on Death:

https://www.inverse.com/article/34013-castlevania-netflix-adi-shankar-season-2-dracula-trevor-belmont-interview

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #406 on: July 15, 2017, 09:05:46 AM »
Arent there like 3 CV sites (being generous) and deader than the chapel?

Being a purist about a book i understand. Being a purist about a game with barely any story (having A LOT OF STORY FOR A NES GAME doesnt make if full of story) released 30 yrs ago i dont. For all we know IGA might have changed the CV3 story to something like that had he gotten the chance to do CV3R.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:09:59 AM by SecretWeapon »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #407 on: July 15, 2017, 10:49:28 AM »
+4
Not nearly that awesome, unfortunately.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #408 on: July 15, 2017, 10:49:57 AM »
Being a purist about a book i understand. Being a purist about a game with barely any story (having A LOT OF STORY FOR A NES GAME doesnt make if full of story)

Of course it is not a full story, man. Nobody here is saying it is. And nobody here wants down-to-a-comma purism. At least, I don't. It's not even ENOUGH story to want a "true purism".

For all we know IGA might have changed the CV3 story to something like that had he gotten the chance to do CV3R.

Hypotheticals aren't really debatable. And if he did, many would dislike it just aswell. IGA is not a god, and "it's good because IGA did it" is just as ignorant as "it's good because Ellis did it".
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:58:02 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #409 on: July 15, 2017, 10:55:23 AM »
Things are getting very heated but during the LoS period it was worse, I think.

Oh yeah. The LoS days... It was a great war that lasted YEARS. Just look at the page count on those two LoS and LoS2 threads!

I knew it! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow!(SPOILERS HERE, PLZ USE THE SPOILER TAG)
Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 566 »

Started by:
The Belmont Legacy
June 01, 2009

Last Post:
February 20, 2012
by Chernabogue

--------------------------------------------------------

"The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 568 »

Started by:
Ahasverus
May 24, 2012

Last Post:
August 25, 2014
by DoctaMario
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:02:38 AM by uzo »

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #410 on: July 15, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »
Even those who do not like the show have to agree that it's still loads better than anything LoS ever had to offer.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #411 on: July 15, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »
Of course it is not a full story, man. Nobody here is saying it is. And nobody here wants down-to-a-comma purism. At least, I don't. It's not even ENOUGH story to want a "true purism".

Hypotheticals aren't really debatable. And if he did, many would dislike it just aswell. IGA is not a god, and "it's good because IGA did it" is just as ignorant as "it's good because Ellis did it".

Then i dont get your reaction. It might not be the BEST ADAPTATION EVER DONE (Well, maybe the best videogame adaptation so far but that's not a huge achievement) nor be a flawless series but the reactions some people have here make it appear like if it was less faithful than the RE movies

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #412 on: July 15, 2017, 01:20:57 PM »
+2
I think threads like this would be much better off if those who do not like the subject made a comment or two about why they don't like it, and then moved on.

If you don't like something why continue to go back and check up on its thread just so you can continue to debate why you think it sucks with those who come here for a positive forum experience?

If you don't like it great, tell us why and move on. Don't keep beating it into the ground and antagonizing the fans who did like it.

THAT is what creates a hostile forum environment and I can imagine that users who come here and see that type of behavior get turned off. This isn't about silencing fans, it's about maintaining a positive forum experience.

For the record I didn't like everything about the show. I didn't like the music. I'm not gonna chime in every time I see someone praise the music to remind them that I think it sucks. I don't like arguing with people. Especially about things I don't care for.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #413 on: July 15, 2017, 02:01:28 PM »
+1
Then i dont get your reaction. It might not be the BEST ADAPTATION EVER DONE (Well, maybe the best videogame adaptation so far but that's not a huge achievement) nor be a flawless series but the reactions some people have here make it appear like if it was less faithful than the RE movies

Long-ish text. No, I'm not fighting you  :P

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 03:24:31 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #414 on: July 15, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »
"THE THREE OF US WILL DESTROY DRACULA."

leave me out (again) why dontcha?
pirates are huge in hollywood right now!

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #415 on: July 15, 2017, 03:05:31 PM »
I think threads like this would be much better off if those who do not like the subject made a comment or two about why they don't like it, and then moved on.

If you don't like something why continue to go back and check up on its thread just so you can continue to debate why you think it sucks with those who come here for a positive forum experience?

If you don't like it great, tell us why and move on. Don't keep beating it into the ground and antagonizing the fans who did like it.

THAT is what creates a hostile forum environment and I can imagine that users who come here and see that type of behavior get turned off. This isn't about silencing fans, it's about maintaining a positive forum experience.

For the record I didn't like everything about the show. I didn't like the music. I'm not gonna chime in every time I see someone praise the music to remind them that I think it sucks. I don't like arguing with people. Especially about things I don't care for.

This, so much. If you do not like something, give a reason, write a whole massive threat about it, even, but don't continually come back to throw it in the face of those who like it. Taste is something that can't really be argued reasonably about, so why someone would even attempt that is baffling.

And just for the record, I found the series to be okay. I like it mainly because it gives Castlevania life again. As a hardcore fan, I disagree with the things changed and/or added in the show, but I could enjoy it on its own merits well enough. I like it more for what it represents, rather than what it is.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #416 on: July 15, 2017, 08:20:18 PM »
Ah the LoS days.

Good times. Many a computer burst into flames, but good times.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #417 on: July 15, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »
The LoS series was a dark age. I sincerely hope we never have to go back to those times ever again lol

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #418 on: July 16, 2017, 12:04:39 AM »
The LoS series was a dark age. I sincerely hope we never have to go back to those times ever again lol

Looking at what happened here with LoS and now with the animated series, just imagine if the forums existed when this came out, the world would be burning and Dracula would be ruling it with the hate generated by it:
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #419 on: January 20, 2018, 05:43:41 AM »

Tags:

anything