Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 192193 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #480 on: July 27, 2018, 02:59:11 PM »
Damn it's been taken down, anyone got a reupload?

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #481 on: July 27, 2018, 03:09:12 PM »
Also saw what had to be Grant near the end.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #482 on: July 27, 2018, 03:54:20 PM »
Here's a screen grab.

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #483 on: July 28, 2018, 01:30:59 AM »
Crap!

Thats what I get for going to work huh lol?

I've missed the trailer and from the sounds of it it was AWESOME. :-[

And I'm currently searching and can't find it anywhere, guess nobody was able to grab it before the takedown?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #484 on: July 28, 2018, 04:04:50 AM »
The trailer is up on Netflix!  I've seen the trailer doing a couple of rounds on tumblr, but the one up on Netflix itself is the most complete, by a couple of shots.  All I can say is that it looks bloody gorgeous!  Pun completely intended.  I'm loving how the generals look.  Out of them, Hector is the only one who I can identify with certainty, but there's a possible Carmilla perhaps (with a major redesign), one redhead general looks very LoS-Simon-ish, maybe he's a werewof general?  They look really interesting.  If Isaac appears as well as Hector, it looks like he's being kept hidden for now.  Death doesn't seem to be makign an appearance either here.  The fight wth Gaibon and Slogra in the snow also makes me very very happy.  James Callis's voice to me now feels like the perfect match for Alucard without a doubt, even though I already liked him in his short appearance at the end of season 1.  All in all, roll on season 2!
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #485 on: July 28, 2018, 04:05:00 AM »
The trailer is now officially out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbb8zPQBmOw
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #486 on: July 28, 2018, 04:13:16 AM »
Ah, excellent, Plot, you just beat me to it.  I was about to edit my post to ad in the trailer link.  I am extremely hyped about this.  It's definitely feeling like further confirmation that we'll be getting a Curse of Darkness adaptation of some sort.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #487 on: July 28, 2018, 04:57:11 AM »
Just saw it, LOVED that Trailer, you can really tell that the guys in charge actually are fans of the series with all the nods to it which really is something all studios should take note of when adapting a video game series into a movie, tv show, or anime.

Also seems I was right about my earlier point of Curse of Darkness being adapted (Hector can be seen at 1:30 in the trailer), so they could either rap up the events of both CV3 and COD in 1 go or they could have this lead into Curse of Darkness for Season 3 with Hector as the new lead. One thing I'm very interested in seeing is Hector's interaction with Alucard which is something I've wanted since I first played Curse of Darkness.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #488 on: July 28, 2018, 05:38:36 AM »
I'm wondering who all of Dracula's Generals are. Any familiar faces/names out there?

Do love the Hector and Slogra nods! The people working on the show DO know their Castlevania!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #489 on: July 28, 2018, 07:55:03 AM »
Just coming up again to tell you guys that there are TWO versions of the same trailer with slight differences on the internet. One was posted by Shankar (and its the same as the Youtube version) and the other is a much more juicy Netflix version.

The Youtube one you know how to find. The Netflix one is here: https://www.netflix.com/title/80095241
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #490 on: July 28, 2018, 08:25:50 AM »
My word... Hector is perfect.  Betting baldy is Isaac.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #491 on: July 28, 2018, 08:29:28 AM »
Looks like we will delve into Hector's past and his betrayel, he's not just a throw away villain...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:31:20 AM by AlexCalvo »

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #492 on: July 28, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
Hmmm maybe I should go back and finish CoD before season 2. Just wasn’t a fan of that game from a gameplay perspective.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #493 on: July 28, 2018, 12:58:39 PM »
The gold and black female general reminds me a lot of Astarte from CVPoR.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #494 on: July 28, 2018, 01:53:17 PM »
I'm excited, that was a very juicy trailer! I'm very surprised to see Hector in this, but still no signs of Grant anywhere....

Tags:

anything