Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 194402 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #600 on: October 26, 2018, 05:52:22 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #601 on: October 26, 2018, 05:56:52 AM »
I'd agree with you a LOT on this, Gaawa.  The big character change I didn't understand at all, it felt cliche, and rather distasteful to me, souring the bits I did love.  I also agree that it felt off off the pacing in many ways.  I wanted more of some characters doing stuff and then bam!  Big chunk of stuff that could have been taken time over and done more with got skipped through too quickly.  I hated Godbrand as a character, he ate up screen time from characters I'd have rather have spent more time with.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:58:59 AM by TatteredSeraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #602 on: October 26, 2018, 06:03:41 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #603 on: October 26, 2018, 06:24:27 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #604 on: October 26, 2018, 06:39:27 AM »

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #605 on: October 26, 2018, 06:59:13 AM »
+2

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #606 on: October 26, 2018, 07:17:05 AM »
I was incredibly disapounted in the last two episodes.  Everything leading up to them was exceptional, but that ending was such a terrible let down and just took the story and threw it out the window.   I don't see how it could possibly go in a similar direction to how it's supposed to.  Big changes with big implications on the world.  I am let down.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #607 on: October 26, 2018, 07:18:45 AM »
Also, I feel like I didn't put enough emphasis on it, so...
(click to show/hide)
:-/

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #608 on: October 26, 2018, 07:27:50 AM »
Also, I feel like I didn't put enough emphasis on it, so...
(click to show/hide)
:-/
A million times this.  It seems like they got rushed through the end, like maybe they had planned to finish it off in another season but for some reason had to wrap it up early.

I really hope season 3 gives us a fake out and...
(click to show/hide)

But it looks like it will likely be a very different take on Curse of Darkness
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #609 on: October 26, 2018, 07:36:42 AM »
+1

actual belly laughs

bra-fucking-vo, friend

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #610 on: October 26, 2018, 07:52:03 AM »
Ah, I'm gonna watch it again now that my sister's awake.  Later.

Edit: Okay, watched episodes 3-8 again.

(click to show/hide)

I know this probably makes it sound like I hated it but I don't; I quite enjoyed it, all things considered.  It could have been much better, but what we got was still decent and there are some sequences that are outright excellent.  I suspect that, just like with the first season, many of my issues with S2 come from time constraints, both due to run time and due to wasting screen time on superfluous stuff that no one cares about.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:53:39 AM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #611 on: October 26, 2018, 11:55:16 AM »
I have a lot of thoughts going through my head, so I won't write them all down at once. I'll start with the positives:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #612 on: October 26, 2018, 03:30:58 PM »
Overall impression is that I like how it is expanded Dracula's curse. There is A LOT of world building in the show which is great but the downside to stories like this is that it drags on and feels like a filler at times. I suppose I can talk about the things I did like, as well. I don't really have many negatives.

(click to show/hide)

My overall gripe is that I expected more but either ways, I'm glad. They still did Castlevania some justice and I'll give them props for it.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #613 on: October 26, 2018, 04:51:26 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #614 on: October 26, 2018, 06:02:44 PM »
I thought it was all fantastic, just wanted to ask how much did IGA have to do with this? did he work on the story or was he just a supervisor?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 08:40:10 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Tags:

anything