Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 192215 times)

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #630 on: October 27, 2018, 01:07:11 PM »
I just finished season 2. I really liked it! I was little sad for Hector but he will be ok when the happy gang blow up Carmillas fucking head!

The best part of the whole season 2 was the Bloody Tears segment. That was GLORIOUS!!!

This season has made me consider buying Castlevanai Requiem :)
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #631 on: October 27, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
+2
Wait a second... you think I'm being serious?

Also Change.org has basically the same results as a wishing well.
No its not, its very serious website for serious cause, and if you're to immature to understand that, then you really should be using the site, I mean doing it a joke are you for real? well do the decent thing and pull back some of you're credit  and  take your fandom tantrum

page down. And save the people who work there who have better things to do then clean up your mess, you bloody git.

Change . Org isn't 4chan, have some class
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:32:57 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #632 on: October 27, 2018, 01:58:04 PM »
Change . Org isn't 4chan, have some class

what about all the times 4chan used it for shitpost petitions like "label all users of tumblr as mentally handicapped landwhales" or "make the new mountain dew flavor hitler did nothing wrong" or "make taylor swift meet with the random guy we made win an online contest poll by abusing the voting method" or [insert any other time /b/ had a laugh with the site here]

changeorg is a pile of code and macros that means absolutely nothing on its own, it's up to the users to decide whether it's """serious""" or """immature""", and anyone who wants to pretend differently might need to reorganize their notions of what defines a sociopolitical platform's interpreted value

have some class yourself and take this derailing elsewhere, or better yet don't take an obvious joke as a serious offense next time

so anyway how about godbrand's weird accent that seems to change midsentence
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:00:46 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #633 on: October 27, 2018, 03:00:13 PM »
+1
what about all the times 4chan used it for shitpost petitions like "label all users of tumblr as mentally handicapped landwhales" or "make the new mountain dew flavor hitler did nothing wrong" or "make taylor swift meet with the random guy we made win an online contest poll by abusing the voting method" or [insert any other time /b/ had a laugh with the site here]

changeorg is a pile of code and macros that means absolutely nothing on its own, it's up to the users to decide whether it's """serious""" or """immature""", and anyone who wants to pretend differently might need to reorganize their notions of what defines a sociopolitical platform's interpreted value

have some class yourself and take this derailing elsewhere, or better yet don't take an obvious joke as a serious offense next time

so anyway how about godbrand's weird accent that seems to change midsentence
I don't know why this is so hard for you two to understand, Its not in any way funny to use a site like that  as a  place for ones Jokes, its as if  you don't understand  how  serious and how much its needed, and the last thing it needs is the sites being filled up with so called  "comedians"  posting there 3 year old humor thus  turning the site in to a joke,  that noone goes to  cos all they think is

"ahh shit posts thats all its become now don't wast my time with that"

its for saveing lives, help other thats  can't help themselves.

like help other get heat in there home cos the land lord just dons't care. or someone whos been thown in jail cos he was driving a nice car and the family don't have the money to get help, to get the money to dying  kids  to give them some last wish.

i agree theres all sorts of shit post, and there sick, but just cos others have done it dosn't make it right. and the fact that you think a site like that is has  no importance and this sort of "joke" is ok shocks me and show that you have  a lot of growing up to do son, i mean thinking about it   don't know why i was shocked as it seems the sort of thing Esteban T  would do.

But i thought you kewn  better, but no i guess like him, you just have the mind of litte brat who thinks that eveyhting should there to amuse him, screw others as long as you've had your fun thats all that matters. well grow up and get some bloody class  before its too late.

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #634 on: October 27, 2018, 03:15:41 PM »
+1
You know, creative liberties are a thing. There is a reason why they'll always say "Based on *Insert Franchise Here*". That is why they'll have original characters shoehorned with some new changes to pre existing characters like Isaac and some canon like changes. While yes, this is basically Dracula's Curse, one can say it's just one big inspiration to create it's own stand alone story/timeline. Not to mention it isn't really easy to adapt a video game into a movie or series because it doesn't translate well in screenplay.

Pretty much; whether it be TV shows or films, media adaptations have had to pick and choose what elements to take from the source material. The Lord of the Rings for instance, while being incredibly faithful to the world Tolkien crafted, had to take HUGE liberties with it, trimming down plot elements, getting rid of extraneous characters, while at the same time expanding on some things and outright changing others. Same thing with superhero movies whether it be Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy or Marvel's MCU.

At the end of the day, this is what matters in terms of adaptation: quality and execution. Whether or not it's faithful to the source material is irrelevant (paradoxical as that sounds). Furthermore, it means regardless of familiarity with the source material the audience is surprised because watching a story you already know is boring. As such, I'm interested to see what Season 3 does

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #635 on: October 27, 2018, 03:19:47 PM »
Pretty much; whether it be TV shows or films, media adaptations have had to pick and choose what elements to take from the source material. The Lord of the Rings for instance, while being incredibly faithful to the world Tolkien crafted, had to take HUGE liberties with it, trimming down plot elements, getting rid of extraneous characters, while at the same time expanding on some things and outright changing others. Same thing with superhero movies whether it be Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy or Marvel's MCU.

At the end of the day, this is what matters in terms of adaptation: quality and execution. Whether or not it's faithful to the source material is irrelevant (paradoxical as that sounds). Furthermore, it means regardless of familiarity with the source material the audience is surprised because watching a story you already know is boring. As such, I'm interested to see what Season 3 does
SIR I agree 110%, and as CV as been known to flip its canon when ever it needs, I don't see why others  got so upset about this, and I'm glad there's another Fan who thinks it was bloody amazing truly glad to see this, you sir have made my day

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #636 on: October 27, 2018, 03:28:24 PM »
+1
SIR I agree 110%, and as CV as been known to flip its canon when ever it needs, I don't see why others  got so upset about this

Its not really that I'm upset with changes since as I pointed out earlier I LOVED this season and most of its changes, hell I even liked the change they did with Issac here with actually giving him more depth as a person in comparison to his COD counterpart, my only problem is just the core concept of Devil Forgemaster being relegated to being merely necromancers. Now make no mistake I'm NOT saying nor have I ever said I think this anime should be 100% faithful the the game series, HOWEVER, when you call these guys Devil Forgemasters and not give them their previous established powers as Devil Forgemasters than yes its something that sticks out like a sore thumb and is hard to overlook, it would be like having the vampires on this show drink brain fluid rather than blood. Really I think it honestly would have been better If they had just called Hector and Issac necromancers, sure it would have been weird but at least I would have known what I was getting with them powerwise.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #637 on: October 27, 2018, 03:52:00 PM »
Its not really that I'm upset with changes since as I pointed out earlier I LOVED this season and most of its changes, hell I even liked the change they did with Issac here with actually giving him more depth as a person in comparison to his COD counterpart, my only problem is just the core concept of Devil Forgemaster being relegated to being merely necromancers. Now make no mistake I'm NOT saying nor have I ever said I think this anime should be 100% faithful the the game series, HOWEVER, when you call these guys Devil Forgemasters and not give them their previous established powers as Devil Forgemasters than yes its something that sticks out like a sore thumb and is hard to overlook, it would be like having the vampires on this show drink brain fluid rather than blood. Really I think it honestly would have been better If they had just called Hector and Issac necromancers, sure it would have been weird but at least I would have known what I was getting with them powerwise.
Well no I can see you point, too Putting it like that,  it did really brake away from what they had been before, I think why I don't feel as strongly is cos we after CoD we never saw hector or another Forgemaster  again, I mean there was talk that shaft was infect both necromancer and a Forgemaster  then again that's  only  here say, but yes  I can see your point there too, well put.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #638 on: October 27, 2018, 07:48:05 PM »
+1
They used dead bodies and parts as raw materials, but they did a hell of a lot more than simply reanimate the dead.  They created basically every monster in the series...  Making zombies and the like seems to just be the basest form of the power, which makes sense to me for a character that is essentially a "monster maker."  I had no problem with how the Devil Forgemasters were portrayed.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #639 on: October 28, 2018, 04:02:39 AM »
As fun as the whole season was, it did feel too talky and Alucard-centric at times. I'd have liked them to reach the castle at least an episode earlier. I was expecting the second half to be a long dungeon raid as the three make their way through the castle.

Also glum that Ellis apparently didn't use the whole 'Castlevania is a creature of Chaos' thing, complete with crumbling when its master dies. It surviving him reminds me of LOS in fact.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #640 on: October 28, 2018, 05:36:18 AM »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #641 on: October 28, 2018, 06:03:08 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #642 on: October 28, 2018, 06:19:47 AM »
I really wanted to enjoy this but Warren Ellis ignoring canon, adding unnecessary plot elements that don't add to the story, but do unnecessarily complicate it and turning characters 180° from the source material being Warren Ellis made it very hard. It's not bad as it's own thing but for some reason it doesn't feel like Castlevania to me.
But they did increase the amount of fanservice, I'll give them that.
I enjoyed the first season, this one I have mixed feelings about.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 07:29:18 AM by Undead Waiter »
Gotta get away

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #643 on: October 28, 2018, 12:19:46 PM »
Thinking on it.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:35:12 PM by Guy Belmont »

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #644 on: October 28, 2018, 12:37:50 PM »
And I wonder if they will Mash up  CV 1 and CV 2

As i think we will move on to simon, and as Carmilla  has hector as her slave, her plan is most likey to get The counts relics, and use hector's power to bing him back, and the Show brought  up for as far as i can see no real reason That who ever Hector brings back will be loyal to him and his goals. and id bet that she has turned hector to keep him under her power. and to keep him alive.
So it'll be a race to the relics

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:39:44 PM by whipsmemory »

Tags:

anything