Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 194243 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #660 on: October 29, 2018, 08:09:23 PM »
Yep, thread going to hell right on schedule just like last season, christ it's upsetting we can't discuss this without being snide and insulting all the time

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #661 on: October 29, 2018, 08:43:36 PM »
+1
No but at the same time, I really don't think it calls for this kind of fuss,

And some people do. I think this pretty much settles the issue ¯\_(o_o)_/¯
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #662 on: October 29, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »
Who said Grant even had to be a pirate? He could have been an ordinary thief. He could have been a "rebel" from the Danesti clan (which was real) wanting to avenge his family. They tweaked Isaac and Hector, who were tie-ins to CV3, so why couldn't they tweak Grant who was actually part of the original cast? He could have helped them get into the castle and then get killed off, even - he could have been a throw-away character and still satisfy fans of CV3.

I do like how s2e1 brought back the old lady that Dracula had warned to gather her family and flee Wallachia before his rampage. 

I liked Isaac the most out of all the characters this season. Anyone else think he might change his name to Shaft?

I'm OK with Carmilla having her own agenda. Some of the other vampires weren't actually loyal to Dracula, they feared him. But I can't help but wonder if Carmilla is even that strong. She never actually does anything, just skulks in the shadows conniving how to wipe out the other vampires.

Was Dracula's army supposed to be the ghouls from CV1? I never played some of the CV games, but I didn't recognize his vampire army's uniforms.

Spoiler tag here...
(click to show/hide)

As for the "Treffie" scene, I didn't mind it too much. It seemed out of place, but I just assumed it was their way of showing Trevor and Sypha had a bond forming (because, you know, defeating a dark lord wouldn't be a good enough reason alone for them to hook up). I loved Alucard's look there.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #663 on: October 29, 2018, 09:45:14 PM »
Just finished watching season 2.
Half way through I was gritting my teeth wanting it to be over already.
All those classic references on a damned bookshelf showed up and I knew the garbage I would be in for.
The one time they deigned to actually remix a Castlevania song only served to anger me further.

Fuck the SJW bullshit.
Fuck what they did to Hector and Isaac.
Fuck shoehorning Carmilla and a plethora of new characters into it.
Fuck this boring-ass, patronizing, disrespectful, turd of an excuse for a show.

I'm done with it.
Let it burn in the pits of hell where it can bother my soul no more.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:32:11 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #664 on: October 29, 2018, 10:51:52 PM »
Question: Who was the bandaged demon Trevor fought with the minotaur and Malphas? Was that supposed to be demonified Grant or what?

I suspect that the creature with the bandaged eye was Adramelech.  I thought it was fitting that he was essentially one of Carmilla's bosses in Circle of the Moon.

I thought they adapted Hector pretty well.  In CoD when Hector faces Dracula, he said that he would not run away like he did before. 
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 11:06:29 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #665 on: October 30, 2018, 04:48:21 AM »
Yep, thread going to hell right on schedule just like last season, christ it's upsetting we can't discuss this without being snide and insulting all the time

If it's any consolation, I quite liked your thorough breakdown and it touched on some of the issues and accolades I had in greater detail. It's what made me think more about my points on Grant.

Guy Belmont, your opinion is your own and if you think Grant is a throwaway character from the games that doesn't add anything that's fine. I disagree. To your own point of Igarashi changing things up.....remember that even he kept zombie!Grant in SotN. He didn't really change the established stories of the games, save for Legends because it was the oddball in the story. Just my thoughts.

Inccubus....dude, chill out. It wasn't that horrible.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #666 on: October 30, 2018, 07:27:32 AM »
Did anyone else hate the way they handled the Bishop's storyline.

This still sounds like foreshadowing to me all the way from season 1....

[Mayor] Off to heaven with him, eh? I suppose that's the ultimate goal for you priests, serving God in His true house and all that.

[Bishop] It holds little appeal for me, to be honest.

[Mayor] Really?

[Bishop] There's so much left to be done on earth.
Wallachia could be God's own country had I but time to burn out all the evil that hides here.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #667 on: October 30, 2018, 09:03:18 AM »
I loathed how they handled the bishop. They were really driving home the fact that the church and everyone in it are horrible dark-age monsters without a speck of empathy, even for the people they are supposed to be shepherding. In SotN the implication was that villagers were afraid Lisa was a witch because her healing was so advanced and in their fear executed her as a group...hence why she pleaded that they didn't deserve Dracula's fury because it was a hard time being a peasant and they were just doing what the thought was right for the good of the community.

In the series, it's hard not to want the bishop and his church goons to suffer horribly. They held all the power, and thus they dictated what was evil and an acceptable target for their righteousness. It'd be hard to argue the villagers and townsfolk even had a choice in the matter, as even the Mayor was cowed into silence by the bishop when he hinted at the potential medical science had and that Lisa might not be as witchy as claimed. And the archbishop straight up taunted Dracula on the anniversary of Lisa's death. So you're left thinking Dracula was a lot more justified in his rampage of Wallachia, rather than it being morally ambiguous at best in the games.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:05:37 AM by Sindra »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #668 on: October 30, 2018, 10:01:42 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 10:18:38 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #669 on: October 30, 2018, 01:29:28 PM »
I was hoping the way they were foreshadowing The Bishop to come back from the dead... He would keep his core personality but go 180 degrees and resurrect as...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #670 on: October 30, 2018, 03:36:21 PM »
Inccubus....dude, chill out. It wasn't that horrible.

It was to me.
There is too much of it that is a deal breaker far above and beyond the first season.
It's 5% cool moments that would be fine in another time period, and 80% mindless slop I wouldn't accept in an anime not titled Castlevania. The rest was a'ight. :P
"Stuff and things."

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #671 on: October 30, 2018, 05:01:44 PM »
And some people do. I think this pretty much settles the issue ¯\_(o_o)_/¯

can't say fairer then that really.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:03:21 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #672 on: October 30, 2018, 05:33:42 PM »
They do have enemies and other baddies in Castlevania that can somehow cast Holy Powers.
-Possessed Richter (confused human)
-Sniper of Goth (holy creature)
-White Fomor (Demon that mocks god by doing holy chants)
-Holy Armor (infused armor)
-White Armor (infused armor)
-Fallen Angel (flying Succubus that uses Holy Rings)
-Valkyrie and Erinys (flying spirit warriors)
...and more!

It would not be uncommon for an undead priest to be able to cast holy, because of two reasons:
-It's a creature created from Forgemastery (they have holy-elemental innocent devils in CoD)
-Just like Richter Belmont can be confused or coerced, whatever mind is left on this character is made to think they are still doing their Holy tasks.

Lastly, you can see that even though it is chanting and blessing the water, the water is clearly damaging its body, so basically the blessing will eventually overwhelm and exhaust the body, which does happen.

So I don't really see that much of a problem with the bishop and the blessing, nearly as much as I have a PROBLEM WITH MISSING GRANT AND OP ALUCARD!
Having said that, I enjoyed this series for what it is.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:42:52 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #673 on: October 30, 2018, 05:35:34 PM »
So I've been thinking about the season 2 ending.  Mostly all my problems with it, and the direction things seem to be heading.  I've kind of worked out a possible scenario that would right a lot of the wrongs.  Both Carmilla and Isaac are ressurrectors of Dracula in the games, and we certainly got a momentary glance and a much darker, arguably more demonic Dracula between his staking and decapitation.

If Isaac is the resurrecter of Dracula it would make sense for him to go even further into the demonic side.  Obviously Hector won't be playing the primary hero, as he doesn't seem to be a fighter at all in this version, so Trevor would be the obvious choice to fill the role,  with maybe Alucard taking on something like the role Trevor had in Curse of Darkness, including Isaac taking him out before the final show down.  Trevor takes on a gnarlier Dracula complete with 2nd demonic form and boom, everyone is happy.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #674 on: October 30, 2018, 05:46:05 PM »
^I won't be happy without Grant around, so...
...I'm somewhat content but not quite happy.

But there is hope!  There's an entire new arc happening, here... and it looks like Alucard will basically become Giles (from Buffy) as protector of the Estate.  I doubt that he will be going on more adventures with Trevor and Sypha.  It's possible that when they go to talk to the other Speakers, they will find Grant rebuilding the villages.  Of course, the whole "they turned me into a demon but I got better" angle would be lost.  It could still happen, what with Carmilla having an imprisoned pet forgemaster to do things for her.

But, like Sindra, I wouldn't be holding my breath for any of this.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: