Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 194136 times)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #780 on: November 16, 2018, 05:46:22 PM »
There were some really nice bits to it, but it felt like it fell short at times.  The little girl hanging round Dante was annoying as hell. 

It should be interesting though to see in what ways the universes connect - I’m guessing possibly a hell one?
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #781 on: November 16, 2018, 07:10:28 PM »
On the plus side, two months along the line, I’m finally able to walk short distances without a walking stick if I’m not carrying anything, and finally given the ok to drive again if I’m careful.

I hope it will get easier, I feel very sorry, as it sounds really rough :-[, really I'm sorry. hope you'r feel better today as well.  :)
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #782 on: November 16, 2018, 07:37:05 PM »
Looks like Devil May Cry will be Adi’s next series.  He says it’ll be in a multi-verse as Castlevania.  I’d guess not the same world, but a crossover of some kind might be possible.  Maybe have a character from one series go to the other universe, or maybe just make the a character or element exist in both universes.  Or maybe it’s just a thematic, artistic, or production link.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/16/castlevania-netflix-creator-reveals-devil-may-cry-animated-series/
Honestly, I'm just hoping it's not Tameem May Cry all over again. My judgment's gonna focus mainly on how they handle Dante's personality in the adaptation.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 07:39:10 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Mysterii

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #783 on: November 16, 2018, 09:00:14 PM »
Considering all this talk about DMC, I really hope that Adi gets Ruben Langdon to reprise his role as Dante, seeing as he is Dante (vocally and for motion capture) for all intents and purposes.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #784 on: November 16, 2018, 11:46:02 PM »
>dmc and cv in one universe

assuming source lore remains relatively intact, this has the potential to be an absolutely terrible idea if done poorly

hope he doesn't fuck it up

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #785 on: November 17, 2018, 12:49:38 AM »
Considering that one's a Capcom IP while the other's a Konami IP, I doubt he literally meant their lore will be crossing over with each other unless they've been in talks beforehand.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #786 on: November 17, 2018, 05:31:53 AM »
No plz god no don't... out of season April fools joke plz...

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #787 on: November 17, 2018, 05:49:04 AM »
i mean the sparda stuff went down 1000 years before lament's time, so THAT part works

but mundus poses a problem considering he's actively demon emperor during drac's 900 years

but ¯\_ :rollseyes: _/¯ who knows about IP talks though

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #788 on: November 17, 2018, 06:15:08 AM »
Well, they gotta get all the fans of the CV series to cross over and check it out somehow right?

I've never played DMC so I don't really care about it.

This makes more sense to me as a marketing strategy than it does a sensible narrative.

Unless perhaps it's a shared aesthetic and not a literal character cross over situation.

I would prefer all that energy and focus to stay fixed on CV.

But it's all good. Like I said I'm not a DMC fan so I'll likely pass on it anyways.

There are so many shows I need to watch that I've barely seen...

I still need to finish season 2. ????
The worst monsters are human.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #789 on: November 17, 2018, 09:49:28 AM »
I hope it will get easier, I feel very sorry, as it sounds really rough :-[, really I'm sorry. hope you'r feel better today as well.  :)

Well, the week of mainly bed rest that I had last week did wonders.  I drove today at last!  Two months after surgery, wooohooo!  I treated my friends who’ve been helping me out to pizza as a thank you, as they came with me in case I found it was too soon to drive, and too painful to be able to drive.  But hey, I’m seeing this as a few months of discomfort and inconvenience vs the decades of pain that I’ve been in, because my old GO wouldn’t investigate the source of the pain.

As for the DMC shared multiverse, I likewise hope that it’s not too much of a crossover tbh.  A shared look and aesthetic and tone I wouldn’t be against.  If they go for the same kind of animation style as Castlevania I’d be really quite happy with that.  Seeing as personally I’ve really liked what they’ve done with Castlevania, I have faith in them for Devil May Cry.  I’ve got the first three games, I just suck at them.  But I love the universe. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:40:00 AM by TatteredSeraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #790 on: November 17, 2018, 10:06:36 AM »
No plz god no don't... out of season April fools joke plz...

D...Don't you have any phones? LOL

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #791 on: November 17, 2018, 01:49:00 PM »
Looks like Devil May Cry will be Adi’s next series.  He says it’ll be in a multi-verse as Castlevania.  I’d guess not the same world, but a crossover of some kind might be possible.  Maybe have a character from one series go to the other universe, or maybe just make the a character or element exist in both universes.  Or maybe it’s just a thematic, artistic, or production link.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/16/castlevania-netflix-creator-reveals-devil-may-cry-animated-series/

Probably just a production link, I doubt they would do a serious crossover. If this really gets going, what the production team needs to do is go in the exact opposite direction of what Castlevania did. Castlevania can actually work with a more complex plot and grimmer tone due to the subject matter (Gothic Horror and whatnot) and the fact that the Belmonts and Dracula are engaged in a feud spanning nearly 1000 years and Dracula himself is a very complex, and even at times tragic figure.

For DMC, they need to make it as absurd as possible. The thing about DMC is that it's almost a preemptive satire of the "dark and grim' video game setting that's become all the rage nowadays ever since stuff like Dark Souls took off. The DMC setting, at face value, should be a grim, dark, serious setting with stuff like demons, invading armies of hell, dark magic, secret underworlds, that sort of stuff. But Dante changes EVERYTHING. Bosses speak in operatic manners all the time, giving these grandiose speeches and challenges with Dante responding via smartass remarks and with devil may care attitude. He makes the tone shift from "this is very serious and horrifying" to "this hilarious and freaking awesome!" That's part of the reason why the attempted reboot failed (aside from bad writing, bad storytelling, irritating characters, gutless commentary, and amateur game design); it tried to make a straight version of what DMC was making fun of. That's so stupid.

Also, keep in mind we have a DMC thread here:

https://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=9510.0

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #792 on: November 17, 2018, 02:13:21 PM »
For DMC, they need to make it as absurd as possible. The thing about DMC is that it's almost a preemptive satire of the "dark and grim' video game setting that's become all the rage nowadays ever since stuff like Dark Souls took off.

faust hat

that is all

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #793 on: November 17, 2018, 10:41:54 PM »
Maybe the two shows will be tied together with only little easter eggs that don’t really mean anything.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #794 on: November 18, 2018, 09:12:13 AM »
Guys, if anyone had followed this guys work at all you would know that literally every fan product this guy has made is part of his "bootleg multiverse."  So a cross over between Castlevania and Devil May Cry is about as likely as a crossover with Dredd, or Power Rangers.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Tags:

anything