Poll

What are you more excited for?

The animated series.
17 (56.7%)
Bloodstained.
13 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania vs. Bloodstained  (Read 12285 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: May 26, 2017, 09:45:39 AM »
Not as bad a time to be a Castlevania fan as some of us thought...

In one corner we have the actual Castlevania series, the characters we know and love, the world we miss.  The classic timeline.  Our first step back into this world since 2008.  And a revisit to arguably the most beloved era in the continuity.  But it is not actually a game... so a lot of what we love about the series literally cannot be present.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIMrFnl5NiA

In the other corner we have the spiritual successor to the games themselves.  The game play mechanics and themes we know and love, the sequel we aren't getting from Konami.  A return to form after some divisive experimentation.  But it's not the actual Castlevania series... so the world and characters we love literally cannot be present.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6IJw9STzic

It's a tough one, but for me the animated series edges out Bloodstained by a hair.  I love everything about Castlevania, but the storyline and characters, the world that's been developed over decades, that is what I love most about it.  The gameplay has always been superb, but without that world, and those characters, it will never be fully enough for me.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:13:29 AM by AlexCalvo »
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 10:28:42 AM »
Bloodstained is still a long ways off. I can't compare the two, but seeing Castlevania getting a promising looking animated series has me very excited.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 12:08:39 PM »
Definitely Bloodstained for me.

The lack of Castlevania characters in Bloodstained does't bother me. Order of Ecclesia was pretty much already like that.

Not to mention Bloodstained is a new IP.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 12:55:04 PM »
Even OoE was still heavily steaped in the lore of the world established in the previous games. More and more so as the game progresses.  While it's not so entrenched in it as PoR or CoD, it's still very much a part of it.  And obviously I know that Bloodstained is a new IP. But I am asking from the perspective of a Castlevania fan.

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 04:53:16 PM »
I'm more hyped for Bloodstained.
I've seen 60 seconds of this new anime style trailer which looks decent. I've seen around 20 minutes of Bloodstained footage which looks better, and it's an actual game.

Ironically I also believe BS will do more to reinvigorate fans of this franchise.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 08:39:11 PM »
Personally, I'm more interested in the animation since it is already finished and looks like a quality work, unlike Bloodstained....that doesn't looks that good because it's still unfinished (I want to believe that) and will have its own time to shine when it gets a proper release date.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:44:24 PM by aensland »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 09:35:26 PM »
I really don't understand why people are having a hard time  understanding it... these are the two upcoming projects being aimed directly at our fan base.  So I'm asking which one people are more excited about.  A much better example then then one you provided would be like asking a star wars fan if they were more excited for the next side story movie or video game...  this is a fan site.  We discuss fan stuff literally every day.

On another note, looks like most people agree with me so far in the poll.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 01:25:22 AM »
+1
As a fan, can we not have both?

Let the CV series tide us for this year while we wait for Bloodstained.

Personally, I still want a game.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 05:06:45 AM »
Netflix CV. Because unlike Bloodstained (which I'm still looking forward to, don't get me wrong), it doesn't just look and feel like CV; it is CV. And I haven' been this excited for any official CV endeavor in almost nine years.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 07:07:10 AM »
As a fan, can we not have both?

Let the CV series tide us for this year while we wait for Bloodstained.

Personally, I still want a game.

Where does anyone say we can't have both?  I'm literally asking which one people are more hyped about, and I explicitly state the reasons to be hyped for both.

And we're at a tie!

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 09:23:38 AM »
I am really liking the look and feel of the Netflix series, and because it's official Castlevania, I'm leaning slightly in its favor.

Not that I am canceling my KS order of Bloodstained or anything, but the whole reason I supported Bloodstained was because of its roots to Castlevania, not the other way around...

So I am essentially looking forward to the animated series more.
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »
As a Castlevania fan first. I'm voting the Netflix series because the vibe I'm getting from it is more appealing to me. If we get a game with this new style I'll be very, very happy.

Let me be clear that I think Iga is great and Bloodstained looks very promising!

But I've always put Castlevania above all other games my whole life. That's not about to change any time soon.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 10:37:39 AM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »
I'm really holding out hope that if this series does really well in season 1 and 2, and then Bloodstained is very well recieved that Konami will make a "Castlevania: The Animated Series: The Game!" Which would essentially be an Igavania remake of Cv3 with art style from the show.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 01:39:49 PM »
"Castlevania: The Animated Series: The Game!"

Jesus Christ, no. We don't need yet another video game timeline to confuse people who think Gabriel is original Dracula to this day.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2017, 02:57:50 PM »
Jesus Christ, no. We don't need yet another video game timeline to confuse people who think Gabriel is original Dracula to this day.

Gotta disagree with you here plot.

A soft reboot based on the classic games is exactly what CV needs in my opinion.

And setting it all up with 2 seasons of an animated series would be the perfect way to assure that nobody is confused.
The worst monsters are human.

Tags:

anything