Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula wanted peace(?)  (Read 2668 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: June 09, 2017, 08:35:55 PM »
Hay guys im back. I guess this is a sequel to NAGUMO's "did Belmonts know Dracula is Mathias" topic

I'm arguing that after Lament, Dracula wasn't fully evil yet and just wanted to live a peaceful life. he literally put himself on house arrest for centuries, never bothered a single innocent soul. in fact he wanted humans to be like him, to be THEIR OWN gods. which is why he never vampirized Hector & Isaac, his training put them on a power tier that rivaled Death. its anyones guess on what his plans for Lisa were had she not been executed, but i can prolly say he had no intentions on vampirizing her either.

he didnt even want beef with House Belmont; he offered Leo a seat at his table & when he refused, he was like "fine whatever" & left him be. he didnt hold a grudge, which is why he never attacked his ancestors in the decades to come

let's say Lisa eventually died of natural causes/old age, Dracula might have just been like "c'est la vie" and continued minding his business and giving open invitations for humans to join him & "be their own gods" as devil forgemasters. or would he have still went berserk no matter how she died? Keep in mind the only linchpins to his madness were when the lives of the ones he loved were cut short.

what if he never met Lisa, would he have continued to aid humans? what u guys think

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 10:28:04 PM »
OK let me see if there's something I could respond:

he literally put himself on house arrest for centuries, never bothered a single innocent soul. in fact he wanted humans to be like him, to be THEIR OWN gods. which is why he never vampirized Hector & Isaac, his training put them on a power tier that rivaled Death.

OK so, Dracula wasn't SUCH a good guy.

About him not pestering humans: Dracula was most likely laying low to avoid persecution. IGA has gone on record saying Dracula was studying the dark arts during this time, and such power was accumulated over the years previous to CVIII. One official timeline (albeit a bit dubious given specific inconsistencies), claims that Dracula's power rose with every vampire slain by the Belmonts -- which does imply Dracula was actually taking intentional profit from their vampire-hunting activities

About the Forgemasters: He offered a home due to them having born with special abilities. Hector, in special, could make contact with the animals of the night, who guided him to Dracula's Castle at an young age after they presumably killed his parents. Although I believe Dracula brought them under his wing due to them being shunned by humans, the fact that only THEY BOTH can serve as Dracula vessels on such a convoluted system (Be infused by Dracula's magic + succumb to Dracula's Curse) could be an implication that he did in fact plan them to be his backup bodies.

Also, bear in mind the following: Hector, on CoD, during his confrontation with Dracula says "When you started slaughtering humans indiscriminately I had no choice but to disobey you!" So, Dracula was in fact using humans "discriminately" somehow. The way Hector says it implies that Dracula was probably using corrupt people to do his experiments or -- maybe -- feed upon. But a slaughter is still a slaughter.

its anyones guess on what his plans for Lisa were had she not been executed, but i can prolly say he had no intentions on vampirizing her either.

And I follow behind this. The manuals say Lisa was like Virgin Mary and helped Dracula "regain his human heart". I'm pretty sure Dracula was ALL about protecting her humanity and purity.

he didnt even want beef with House Belmont; he offered Leo a seat at his table & when he refused, he was like "fine whatever" & left him be.

Well........ he did order Death to kill Leon, man. It was more like "either you sit at my table, or you gonna sit on a coffin". He absolutelly despises anything perceived as betrayal.

or would he have still went berserk no matter how she died?

Were not Lisa, something else was going to be the last straw. I say this because Dracula was THAT close to turning into the Devil. The slightest slight towards him that could be seen as injustice would turn him evil. There is another element here: Death. Judgment's ending implies that Death IS following a greater will: Chaos itself. And Chaos yearns for a Dark Lord.

I'll concede it's not possible to say for certain. But the variables pushing Dracula to become evil incarnate are too many.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:32:03 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:55:40 AM »
He was "laying low", between CV LOI>CV III. Living a peaceful life doesn't necessarily mean a person is peaceful by nature. IGA stated he was going undetected do to speak.

Didn't want beef with house Belmont?? He kidnapped Leon's fucking fiancé, threw her to a vampire who turns humans for sport, then left Leon to Death, thinking he'd be destroyed. If that's not beef then I must be vegetarian.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 06:39:18 AM »
The problem is that Dracula's motivation simply is clearly defined during the period 1094-1476. We know he wants "revenge against God" but this is difficult to translate to any kind of concrete actions aside from just sitting around and living forever. Interestingly enough, Dracula's description on the Japanese wikipedia mentions he was having skirmishes with God worshipping countries. Though I couldn't find an official source in which this is written.

Anyway, I think Dracula's character should be fleshed out a little bit more. In my opinion, Dracula should have some sort of attaintable goal that he is pursuing inbetween LoI and CV3 aside from just studying dark magic because why not? I'm just throwing around an idea here, but maybe Dracula was interested in becoming a Godlike figure. Not because of generic villian reasons like "wanting to rule the world" but because he thinks God is flawed and the world deserves better. You could tie this in with why Dracula pursues Devil forging: he wants to create beings that are better than God's own creations. So maybe Dracula was busy experimenting to try and create "the perfect devil". That way, he would at least have an easily understandable goal.   

Tags:

anything