Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Belmonts are missing  (Read 6501 times)

Offline gallandryal

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 06:30:30 PM »
    It's stated that Richter lent the Vampire Killer to the Morris himself "shortly after SotN". Also, I might be misunderstanting you here (and sorry if I am), but you seem to imply that the Morris came after Richter. In fact, the Morris exist ever since Trevor Belmont. It's more likely that he lent them the whip simply because they are a hella frikkin' old branch of the Belmonts themselves.

It's confirmed Richter "disappeared with Annette", so the offspring are implied I guess.

As for Julius' heritage, yes, it's confirmed he is a legitimate Belmont. This is stated on DoS' Library Mode, but also on the official bios across other media (website, official guide), and of course, dropped casually through the games itself, such as when Yoko reminds Julius that her family fought Dracula alongside Julius' ancestors, referencing Sypha.

But, as for him being a direct descendant of Richter, that is not confirmed.

They most certainly did hide somewhere, as is the implication with official statements on the matter. Just, of course, not disappeared literally, as you said.

aww thanks ;D.

I always interpreted that Ricther disappearing with Annette implied they traveled around the world or just moved to another village or country to start a new life. At that time, with no technology like internet to keep contact, it was almost the same as "disappearing"

lol sorry, I may sound confusing because english is not my first language, but  I was suggesting just that the Morris could have turned a Belmont branch and consequently inherited the vampire killer because a Morris possibly married  Richter's offspring - more likely a Richter's daughter 

Also it's pretty clear that Julius is Trevor's descendant, but this doesn't implies necessarily that he is Richter direct descendant. Btw if he is, it implies that Richter just gave away the whip to the Morris and kept the Belmont's in the dark because he was ashamed/depressed, whatever.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 12:48:22 AM »
Re: Julius being "random Belmont", he inherited the VK, so it has to have been passed to him or attained by him at some stage. If he wasn't true heir to the VK then he would've required the ritual to unlock its power, which would have never faded after the Dark Lord was no longer an issue. There's also no indication Julius' life force is being drained by the VK, which it does to non-direct-heir Belmonts.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 12:01:48 PM »
...well, we get the fucking ghostbusters remake, where quality characters and writing play second fiddle to "hey look everyone! we have a main female lead and cast! look at how progressive we are!"

and we really don't need any more of that mentality in the arts, IMO

That we do not. I never did see the film. And nether did the AVGN for that matter lol. And there is definitely nothing progressive of a Neo-feminist for whom the director/writer is apparently. In fact it's kinda a step backwards, and to the far left..or right..? somewhere around there anyways.

But anyways to have a female lead who is a Belmont by both blood and name, wielding the vampirekiller against Dracula, wouldn't hurt the series. And putting Sonia aside it is something that should have happened a long, long time ago.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »
that's precisely what i mean

it wouldn't hurt at all...provided it wasn't shoehorned in, which is a recurring problem in pop culture nowadays

have a fembelmont, by all means, just prioritize their characterization and strength of character over "hey this one has a vagina"

female, male, gay, nonbinary, whatever else--these things don't even matter if the character themselves is flat

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags: