Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: About the belmonts and the whip  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: November 03, 2017, 11:27:48 AM »
Hi there I've finaly got round  to playing OoE I saw something that really made me wonder

(click to show/hide)

Now when I first saw this I took it to mean that the everyday people lost there powers to resist the darkness. But then I wondered was it that, or did it mean that it was the belmonts had lost the power.

And if this is the case then it fits in with my head canon of having  richter  cursed after shaft's spell.
And him having to under go a  purification ritual to rid all his descendants of this cruse at the cost of his lifespan, as the curse was soo powerful.

BUT However there is a huge flaw in this as  it Says 19th, and SoTN was set in 1797, so I really feel that this
would have come up sooner. 
So if anyone Can shed some light on this that would be really kind.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 11:37:11 AM »
Now when I first saw this I took it to mean that the everyday people lost there powers to resist the darkness. But then I wondered was it that, or did it mean that it was the belmonts had lost the power.

This section means those in position of power lost their ability to resist the darkness. Meaning that the Belmonts were their trump card and now, without them, these powerful individuals are forced to look for alternate methods.

These powerful people are the same ones Barlowe mentions later as having entrusted Ecclesia with the vessel of Dracula's soul.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:40:20 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 11:48:56 AM »
 WOW fast nice  8)

And thank you As it was something that I was really wondering, I had a feeling I was wrong  but  one  never know with these things.

It does make one feel like a fool when wrong But on the Up side, The whole richter  Being cursed  can be put away in the Fan Works bank and withdrawn at anytime.

But again Thank you  for the help

Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Tags:

anything