Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania 2, was almost everyone already dead?  (Read 3577 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Castlevania 2, was almost everyone already dead?
« on: July 30, 2018, 03:08:08 PM »
Something I've been thinking about, The Poltergeist King trades sub-weapons for hearts.
What if... everyone you pay hearts to is already dead? It actually makes more sense given that mostly everyone is speaking in cryptic rambling.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania 2, was almost everyone already dead?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 08:38:02 AM »
well uh that would kinda turn the Castlevania lore on its head

I thought the hearts currency stuff is really just a game mechanic sort of thing, not really intended to be some deep thing.

you know its odd that hearts are needed to even use subweapons in the games, and Castlevania doesnt really explain what hearts really are.   it always treated itself as a game not to be taken too seriously pretty much.

though yea it can be interpreted in different ways.  but I say the townspeople are alive and are what all thats left of humans in that land.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 10:00:41 AM »
well uh that would kinda turn the Castlevania lore on its head

I thought the hearts currency stuff is really just a game mechanic sort of thing, not really intended to be some deep thing.

you know its odd that hearts are needed to even use subweapons in the games, and Castlevania doesnt really explain what hearts really are.   it always treated itself as a game not to be taken too seriously pretty much.

though yea it can be interpreted in different ways.  but I say the townspeople are alive and are what all thats left of humans in that land.

I say all the merchants are undead.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 12:29:15 AM »
That must be why they're all cloaked figures.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 06:56:06 PM »
That must be why they're all cloaked figures.

They trade hearts in an unholy attempt to regain their own.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 03:12:02 AM »
They trade hearts in an unholy attempt to regain their own.

Reminds me of Kingdom Hearts.

Tags: