Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Symphony of the Night going Vinyl  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: October 22, 2018, 10:34:29 AM »
It’s symphony’s soundtrack’s turn for a vinyl edition.  It’s interesting that the Saturn tracks will also be included.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/castlevania-symphony-of-the-nights-soundtrack-is-b/1100-6462689/

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:50:19 AM »
The best description I've heard of the cover art for the album:

I don't like how Alucard looks like a pouty Victorian era girl whose father told her that she had to ride the second-best of their horses.

But the fact that the Nocturne songs will be included is plus, yes. I can't remember if they have been released prior to now on any officially licensed album. (Music Box Collection maybe?)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 06:57:22 AM by Sindra »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 09:28:26 AM »
https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/music-weekly-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-lp

Take a look to what it's going to be at the link above.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 03:41:55 PM »
now this i'll buy

but

"Originally released for the Playstation 2, Symphony of the Night is considered one of the most essential video games of all time, and one of the parents of the genre now known as the 'Metroidvania,'" Mondo says.

should someone tell him

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 12:51:48 AM »
LOL! We could always let him find out on his own eventually.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 04:49:56 PM »
Without knowing the track lengths, it's hard to say if this'll be a good soundtrack. The official CD gives me major blueballs because several good songs only loop once or not at all.

I'm a little more interested in SNES Dracula X finally getting a soundtrack release, though I wish it were on CD or at the least digital download. Somebody hit me up with some vinyl rips, yo.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 07:54:15 AM »
Went through both of these finally and gave my thoughts.

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/mondo-of-blood-castlevania-rondo-of-blood-symphony-of-the-night-ost-vinyl-review/

tl;dr: The Rondo release is great and I recommend vinyl fans pick it up. The SotN one is kinda disappointing but not horrid.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 08:23:31 PM »
Bloody Rears...

Good Lord.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 09:46:01 AM »
Bloody Rears...

Good Lord.

LOL! I saw that too! Jesus, you'd thing they'd catch these things before the final printing. Wow (chuckle). Bloody rears... Must be that company's time of the month.

On a better note I like the way they did the record itself. I looks like they transposed a blood splatter onto the vinyl.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 07:49:19 AM »
Who's Peggy Sixteen anyway?

Tags:

anything