Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Since Bram Stoker's novel is part of the IGA timeline  (Read 15129 times)

Offline Mysterii

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Since Bram Stoker's novel is part of the IGA timeline
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 06:00:41 PM »
For all intents and purposes, neither book bearing that title are.  Frieda Warrington's book ends with Dracula undergoing permadeath to save Mina and Seward, with Van Helsing helping him.  Dacre Stoker's book is a huge mess and should not be regarded as canon at all, especially since it says that Dracula was after Elizabeth Bathory, even though she was his neice and the two are part of the same plot in Bloodlines.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 12:11:44 AM »
For one thing Mina is Quincy's only potential love interest, it's clear that nothing happens there. Therefore due to the events surrounding Quincy in the book, it means he's not aware of his son John Morris existing, nor are we informed who John's mother is.

Quincy would have to be aware that he has a son due to the fact that John is mentioned trailing his father as they pursue Dracula (even though Quincy never mentions him). And yes, John following his father around is improbable due to his young age (two years old), but nothing a little more work wouldn't be able to fix. I did mention a while back in another thread that John could have been sent to the Lecarde household as Eric and John were friends. This would leave Quincy without fear of John getting involved throughout the story. At least until near the end when all are at Castlevania to confront Dracula. And I also mentioned that the Count's Gypsies could have ransacked the Lecarde estate and kidnapped both John and Eric and brought them to Castlevania as possible leverage against the other hunters. But this is how it is in my head-canon. Not everyone here would agree with that, but that's alright by me  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 12:47:17 AM »
Quincy would have to be aware that he has a son due to the fact that John is mentioned trailing his father as they pursue Dracula (even though Quincy never mentions him). And yes, John following his father around is improbable due to his young age (two years old), but nothing a little more work wouldn't be able to fix. I did mention a while back in another thread that John could have been sent to the Lecarde household as Eric and John were friends. This would leave Quincy without fear of John getting involved throughout the story. At least until near the end when all are at Castlevania to confront Dracula. And I also mentioned that the Count's Gypsies could have ransacked the Lecarde estate and kidnapped both John and Eric and brought them to Castlevania as possible leverage against the other hunters. But this is how it is in my head-canon. Not everyone here would agree with that, but that's alright by me  :)

Is the mention of John trailing Quincy in the Japanese game/ manual?

If he was two years old the simple solution may be that there was an adult carrying him.

The Lecarde scenario is feasible due to the fact that someone would've passed the whip onto John when he came of age. Given their presence in BL and POR, the fact they know about the VK's true power and can perform the ritual which opens the portal to unlock it, coupled with John having used the VK being the cause of his demise, I'd say Lecarde involvement holds its likelihood in the unspoken plot points.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 09:29:44 AM »

I honestly don't know. theplottwist would, you could ask him.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »
It is.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:18:20 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 12:33:30 PM »

It is not. We barely get any information on Quincy at all. Even the "wooden stake to the heart" bit is not there. We are only told Quincy is John's father, and that Quincy ended Dracula in 1897.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2018, 12:36:17 PM »
It is not. We barely get any information on Quincy at all. Even the "wooden stake to the heart" bit is not there. We are only told Quincy is John's father, and that Quincy ended Dracula in 1897.

OHHHHHH, :-[
 I read that on that site... that one where it had the games story up, the Japanese one. ohhh I really made an arse of my self here. Must stop believing everything I read.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:38:12 PM by Guy Belmont »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2018, 12:44:01 PM »
OHHHHHH, :-[
 I read that on that site... that one where it had the games story up, the Japanese one. ohhh I really made an arse of my self here. Must stop believing everything I read.

Nah it's OK. Everyone screws up sometimes (and I could have screwed up just now -- mind sharing the link you're talking about?).

There is a direct translation of the manual's story section on Mr. P's website. It matches up pretty closely with the JP text found in the manual.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:45:36 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 12:54:41 PM »
Nah it's OK. Everyone screws up sometimes (and I could have screwed up just now -- mind sharing the link you're talking about?).

There is a direct translation of the manual's story section on Mr. P's website. It matches up pretty closely with the JP text found in the manual.
Ahh found it,  but i can't find it in there, i remeber reading it, but now i can't think where i read it. Must be one of those fan ideas that gets kicked around?

But heres the site anywho
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcastlevania.jp%2F&edit-text=&act=url
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:18:01 PM by Guy Belmont »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2018, 03:08:57 PM »
I still think Bram Stoker's Castlevania needs to happen.

Those events 100% should be covered in a game.

It's like the heart of the whole thing yet we have next nothing on how those events went down in the CV universe.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2018, 10:59:58 PM »
I still think Bram Stoker's Castlevania needs to happen.

Those events 100% should be covered in a game.

It's like the heart of the whole thing yet we have next nothing on how those events went down in the CV universe.

Well it's kinda like IGA's 1999 game. It never happened as a game but the story is there in other titles. Though it would be nice to have a Bram Stoker's Castlevania.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2018, 11:54:30 PM »
@Plottwist Re: BL, that eliminates the issue of John's age.

The only real question remains, why did Quincy not use the VK to kill Dracula? Did he not have access to it

EDIT: I just realised the spelling is Quincey, however http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Quincy_Morris

Also I didn't realise that:
In 1897 Quincy Morris, a descendant of the House of Belmont, overcame great odds to defeat Dracula and send him to his eternal grave. Unfortunately since Quincy was so badly beaten in his battle with the Count, he lost his own life after plunging a wooden stake into Dracula's chest.

What if I told you....

(click to show/hide)
Seriously though.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2018, 09:47:28 AM »
What if I told you....

(click to show/hide)
Seriously though.

That could work considering we see it on Rondo's version of the VK. It makes the whip into a kind of double-edged weapon. You can kill your foes by striking them with the whip, or stabbing them with the handle. The only issue is that Quincy never used the VK. He was armed with a lever-action Winchester and a large bowie knife (which is the actual weapon used to impale Dracula's heart in the novel). But since he has the magical properties of the Belmont blood that would assists him greatly in taking down the Count without the whip.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 09:53:19 AM by X »

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2018, 11:45:04 AM »
That could work considering we see it on Rondo's version of the VK. It makes the whip into a kind of double-edged weapon. You can kill your foes by striking them with the whip, or stabbing them with the handle. The only issue is that Quincy never used the VK. He was armed with a lever-action Winchester and a large bowie knife (which is the actual weapon used to impale Dracula's heart in the novel). But since he has the magical properties of the Belmont blood that would assists him greatly in taking down the Count without the whip.

What if it is indeed similar to Lords of Shadow 2 where Alucard made the Crissaegrim(Or whatever) from the fragments of Vampire Killer? Quincy Morris' Bowie knife could be made from the fragments of Vampire Killer to use it to kill Dracula although the former will just put Dracula in a deep sleep until the Crissaegrim pulled out from his heart.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »
Quote from: zangetsu468 link=topic=9652.msg208706#msg208706 date=1543478070

[spoiler
That the wooden stake Quincy used to land the final blow on Dracula was the handle of the VK.. *proceeds to slowly put on sunglasses* 8)[/spoiler] Seriously though.

Mind Blown, Mind Blown.

Tags: