Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mondo releases Castlevania jigsaw puzzle  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: December 15, 2018, 06:50:22 PM »
When I saw the headline that said Mondo was releasing a Castlevania puzzle, i though they were porting Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night or making a new entry in the series.  Then I read about how they made vinyls and thought they released the EotN soundtrack on, but that didnt make sense cause its the same music as SotN.  Ohhh, they meant they were releasing a jigsaw puzzle.  There you have it.  Artwork looks like something from one of the vinyls.  Not sure if it actually was in a vinyl or not.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusives/3537628/exclusive-mondo-releasing-castlevania-puzzle-next-week/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:51:56 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Mondo releases Castlevania jigsaw puzzle
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 06:18:26 AM »
So it's basically an Etsy product without it being handmade or being sold directly by the artist. If I wanted to buy a piece of Castlevania fan art, I'd just buy a print or commission an artist myself.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 08:00:53 AM »
I don't really get the appeal of merchandise like this. I understand the appeal of figurines since they function as room decoration but who cares about vinyls or jigsaw puzzles? It seems Mondo doesn't really know what to do with the license. 

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 06:13:35 AM »
Vinyl game OSTs are pretty hot right now among hipster-y collectors. I guess it's in response to music being nearly all-digital these days. Some people miss buying it in a physical format, and vinyl has the most anachronistic appeal. Since they're typically buying them as collectibles, rather than as a functional items, it doesn't make a difference to them if they have a turntable or not. And vinyls have big cover art, which is the main appeal if you're not even going to open or listen to them.

Me, I still prefer CD OSTs. I still have a couple portable CD players kicking around so that I can listen to them directly off the disc, and of course I rip them to put the music on my phone. A bunch of fan art vinyls with "Bloody Rears" have nothing on this big, beautiful box set I have, which so far I've gotten autographed by Yamashita and Koshiro: https://vgmdb.net/album/17063 (Hopefully I can get more of the composers to sign it in the future, especially Yamane.)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 02:30:57 PM »
I don't have a turntable but vinyl OSTs are damn cool. Only trouble is, Mondo doesn't know what they're doing with game music, unlike Data Discs and others who record directly from the hardware. And the commissioned artwork is usually bogus, especially when other labels are using archival artwork to make beautiful editions.

If I had more money and living space, I'd be a record-loving hipster.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything