Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami 50th Anniversary Collection: Arcade Classics  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Konami 50th Anniversary Collection: Arcade Classics
« on: March 05, 2019, 06:25:15 PM »
Looks like there’s going to be a 50th Anniversary collection for arcade games for Konami if Australia’s rating board is on the money.  I guess it’s possible Haunted Castle could be included (though no biggie since we’ve already got Hamster’s version).  I wonder if there’s any chance Vs. Castlevania could be included.  What other arcade games of interest to a Castlevania fan might we get?  I’m thinking of a Goemon or Twin Bee title or something else that had Castlevania cameos, or something else that Iga or someone else who worked on Castlevania developed.

Also, it has a subtitle “Arcade Classics”.  I wonder if there will be another 50th Anniversary title for console classics? 

https://www.destructoid.com/konami-50th-anniversary-collection-arcade-classics-rated-in-australia-544758.phtml
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:47:57 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Konami 50th Anniversary Collection: Arcade Classics
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 09:11:50 PM »
I'd like to see a game list of all the titles when available.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 10:49:55 PM »
Goes without saying that seeing their beat 'em ups would be great, but as many (most?) of those were licensed games, I'm not counting on it. Maybe we could see stuff like Sunset Riders finally get re-released. I could, er...do without seeing Contra and Super Contra again—the NES ports are way better.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 09:22:40 AM »
The NES port of Super Contra was good but the levels were mixed up compared to its arcade counterpart. Someone should make a hack the fixes that.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »
Lets hope so, as CV really has been left by Konami. and its a HUGE part of its history.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Tags: