Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bloodstained Backer ID? (READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW GAME on B:RoTN)  (Read 9861 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
So when editing your profile/save file in Ritual of the Night, it has the option for using a Backer ID. (a) What does it do, and (b) how do you find your ID?

Edit: Also, I paid for a soundtrack CD and other crap yet all I got was a slipcase. I don't keep up with the email updates, so is that stuff coming later?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 06:11:26 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 06:00:30 PM »
Sooooo about Backer ID's... we actually have a group one for our Forum that can be used at start-up.
I'm not sure if this is the same as what you're asking for, but I figured I'd share this tidbit to people who are just starting the game.

If you use it, you get a special little item when you start the game.

Please PM me to get the code, though if you're an oldschool person from this forum, and you know what we're called, you probably already know what the code is. ;)

NOTE: I am told it works only in a New Game.

Instructions below:
1) At the title screen, press any button.
2) Start a new game and select any of the New Data slots.
3) Name entry should pop up. Delete the default "Miriam" and enter the code instead (I believe it's in all caps). Heh heh heh...
4) If it succeeds, a specific sound effect will play.
5) Continue to select the difficulty level.
6) The game will start with the unlocked item inside of your inventory.Your file’s name can be changed afterwards during the game, but your in-game item can only be unlocked when starting a new game.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 06:10:45 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Bloodstained Backer ID? (READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW GAME on B:RoTN)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 06:18:57 PM »
Well fuck, there goes the hour+ of gameplay I already put in. I assume the code is related to the Dungeon Clan? I contributed enough money to have my name under the clan but never got instructions on what to do when starting a save file
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 06:20:24 PM »
It's only an hour!  That'll teach you to get the game ... early  ... unlike others... like me... **sob**
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 06:32:23 PM »
Does it help to know that so far I find the game fairly mediocre? :D
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 06:33:06 PM »
No it doesn't.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 11:49:23 PM »
It's only an hour!  That'll teach you to get the game ... early  ... unlike others... like me... **sob**

I can taste the bitterness overflowing from Jorge. LOL

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 01:04:04 AM »
I assume the "KICKBLOODSTAINED-#" The Code is your code?
I've got some time (Steam) and plan on installing in the afternoon and just non-stop playing because I just happen to have wednesday off.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 03:15:48 AM »
^I have no idea what you just typed.

No, it's a one-word allcaps term for a member of this forum.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 09:44:06 AM »
Jorge is actually talking about a different thing.

When you edit a save file, in addition to changing the file name and other options, there's a section that says "Backer ID," in other words your Kickstarter backer number.

Now that KaZ mentioned it, I see that all my emails from Fangamer have that KICKBLOODSTAINED number. Question is, what's the point of adding it to your save file?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:45:53 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 12:53:48 AM »
Don't forget to add the #before the six digit code.
I added it and it shows my name and stuff on the filename. However, I haven't beaten the game yet so I don't know what happens with it.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 04:08:59 PM »
Maybe it’s related to the add-ons for digital add-ons, such as Iga’s Backpack etc?
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 01:41:22 AM »
Looks like it's related to if you were in a tier with "Credit Clan" option.
Finally we've seen some confusion regarding the use and implementation of Backer IDs in the game, so here's a quick explanation.

1. On a new or existing save, open the "Option" menu.
2. From the list of available options, select "Backer ID"
3. Input the Backer ID provided in your survey page, making sure to include the # at the start.
4. If you were in a tier with the "Credit Clan" option, this will load your Backer Name and Clan.

That explained why my Backer ID doesn't work (I only managed to gather $45 at that time)
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Tags: