Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Warren Ellis is cancelled  (Read 13768 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: June 19, 2020, 11:49:52 AM »
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/warren-ellis-accused-of-grooming-young-women-for-decades/

Maybe we'll get a new writer/story direction.  Hopefully someone who played the games.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 03:38:02 PM »
That's exactly what I was thinking.

It would be icing on the cake if they replaced Trevor Morris while they are at it. Preferredly without the scandal.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 06:54:42 PM »
I... don't quite see it being that illegal. Scummy af but not illegal

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 07:22:37 PM »
I... don't quite see it being that illegal. Scummy af but not illegal
Does it need to be illegal? It's predatory and gross, and well beyond what most people consider acceptable.  Nobody is saying he should go to jail, but I won't be surprised if he's dropped by Netflix, and I would support the decision.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 11:35:33 PM »
At the risk of coming off as exceedingly tacky...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 01:37:48 AM »
Ewww... so gross.

We just have to wait and see when Netflix drops him.

Offline Scarlet starlet

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 06:59:54 AM »
why am i not surprised

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 10:43:35 AM »
At this point I don't mind at all if Netflix drops the series. Season 3 pretty much wrecked whatever interests I had for someday watching the show.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 06:51:17 PM »
+3
Yay, another decade of non-Castlevania entertainment whatsoever. Just what all of us fans wanted.

Enjoy your pachi-slots & digital re-re-re-releases of Symphony of the Night
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:18:20 AM by crisis »

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 06:58:55 PM »
Time to bring in the Pachi babes.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »
+3
I personally can't understand why fans would even want this show cancelled, even if you did not like the latest season the fact is that Konami apparently has no interest in it anymore and thus the ONLY love it is getting in today's market is the popular tv show, if the show leaves than once again where stuck with nothing CV related to experience and is that what you truly want which is for the series to sink into obscurity yet again?

Besides I like the show, my only complaint is that they seem intent sticking only to the CV3 era when I feel the lore of CV is so perfect and ripe for spanning between different eras between seasons and eventually making it to the Sorrow saga for the final season but obviously that is not going to happen now since we are nearing 4 seasons and still stuck in the CV3 era.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 09:50:58 PM »
I personally can't understand why fans would even want this show cancelled, even if you did not like the latest season the fact is that Konami apparently has no interest in it anymore and thus the ONLY love it is getting in today's market is the popular tv show, if the show leaves than once again where stuck with nothing CV related to experience and is that what you truly want which is for the series to sink into obscurity yet again?

For me personally I'd rather have good/decent CV over bad/terrible CV. I don't mind if the netflix series goes away due to this incident. I was not really onboard with it since the beginning so I'm not missing anything. Others will feel differently about it obviously. Each to there own right?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 09:36:13 AM »

Speaking for myself, I don't necessarily want it "cancelled", I can see the worth it has for the brand. But if it depended on me, nothing > unasked bastardization of the product. The only thing I feel this show has going for it is the visuals. The writing has flunctuated between mediocre and atrocious from day 1.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 09:38:07 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 11:23:10 AM »
+1
Be realistic everyone. The only way the CV brand will survive at this point is the Netflix series, unless Konami sells the game rights by some miracle.
The fan community is dying. It's been out of the mainstream eye for a long time.

The first thing people think of when they hear Castlevania now is the show. It's the first half of the google page. We'll probably get a game based on it at some point if things don't go sour because of this.
The CV brand has changed its face and its image and whether you like it or not, the show is the face for most people now.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 05:50:10 PM »
Be realistic everyone. The only way the CV brand will survive at this point is the Netflix series, unless Konami sells the game rights by some miracle.
The fan community is dying. It's been out of the mainstream eye for a long time.

The first thing people think of when they hear Castlevania now is the show. It's the first half of the google page. We'll probably get a game based on it at some point if things don't go sour because of this.
The CV brand has changed its face and its image and whether you like it or not, the show is the face for most people now.

This is true. And I hate that it is true. We all wouldn't have to deal with any of this shit if Konami just unfucked themselves already. But that will never happen. We'll never get proper Castlevania back.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Tags:

anything