Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Shin Dracula X  (Read 3145 times)

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« on: October 04, 2020, 02:12:09 AM »
Anyone remember those screenshots?
Were those indeed fake? Did any information about who made these ever surface, confirming the fake nature?
I remember some magazines claiming these were actually real, who knows, these sure looked good in some way

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 08:27:02 AM »
Anyone remember those screenshots?
Were those indeed fake? Did any information about who made these ever surface, confirming the fake nature?
I remember some magazines claiming these were actually real, who knows, these sure looked good in some way

Shin Dracula X is a currently existing fangame, to the best of my knowledge. It's part of that Castlevania LCD Chronicles series that's made in OpenBOR (yes the fighting game engine). I can't find the download link, nor do I really care to.

The other Shin Dracula X is a hoax made in 2000. The earliest known appearance was on GameFan Website.

I know there are higher res screenshots and a few more, but this was all I could find for now. It was promising to be a sequel to SotN, but that's about it.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 08:38:37 AM »
Shin Dracula X is a currently existing fangame, to the best of my knowledge. It's part of that Castlevania LCD Chronicles series that's made in OpenBOR (yes the fighting game engine). I can't find the download link, nor do I really care to.

The other Shin Dracula X is a hoax made in 2000. The earliest known appearance was on GameFan Website.

I know there are higher res screenshots and a few more, but this was all I could find for now. It was promising to be a sequel to SotN, but that's about it.

Yeah i was indeed referring to the supposed hoax. All i ever seen were those extremely tiny pictures, i wonder if higher resolution versions actually exists?

Tags: