Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A new Punchout game!!  (Read 5459 times)

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
A new Punchout game!!
« on: October 02, 2008, 01:18:22 PM »
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21792

Man, I have gotten a wii when I seen a couple at retail because this game looks awsome!!

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: A new Punchout game!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 01:28:45 PM »
Waggle or no waggle...this game is going to be awesome. I have been hoping for a new Punch-out. Also bonus points for going back to the black haired Little Mac. Now if this takes off...they need to make a new Battle Clash with these graphics. (I actually pictured a new Battle Clash with cel-shading like this) 

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 01:40:46 PM »
looks like a graphic overhaul of the nes game

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:48:26 PM »
This looks awesome! I'm so excited!

Between this, the DSi, Sin and Punishment, and most importantly club Nintendo finally coming stateside, I'm content with this Nintendo conferance
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »
GABBEEEEEEEEEEEE JAAAAAAY!!!

...yay. (

Online Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 02:49:39 PM »
Hopefully with Club Nintendo around the bend, they'll release those SNES-style Classic Controllers over here.

And yeeeees, Sin and Punishment 2. Best news ever.

Never really played any of the Punch-Out!! games, but I really should. The new game looks mint.

AND OHMIGODYES TO THE PERSON WHO SUGGESTED A NEW BATTLE CLASH/METAL COMBAT GAME! Cel-shaded would look cool as long as it's anime-style and not overly cartoony like Punch-Out!!. But I think I would prefer it not to have cel-shading.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »
Love that they kept the clasic look of the characters. I mean, nice to see Glass Joe, Von Kaiser and King Hippo return. Hope to see Great Tiger, Piston Honda, Bald Bull and Soda Popinski(that dude looked all KINDS of cartoony in the NES version) back, as well.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 03:35:56 PM »
I almost came >.>

Man finally an awesome game for the wii! At least it better be.

Online Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »
I almost came >.>

Man finally an awesome game for the wii! At least it better be.

Finally? What about No More Heroes? Super Mario Galaxy? Twilight Princess? (Though admittedly the GameCube version's better.) Zack & Wiki? Mario Kart? Resident Evil 4? Smash Bros.? WarioWare? Excite Truck? Elebits? House of the Dead? Plus all of the games I haven't played yet but I'm sure are awesome: Wario Land, Metroid Prime 3, Dewy's Adventure, de Blob, and others.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 08:06:09 PM »
In Reply To #9

Never played No More Heroes and Super Mario Galaxy. But I have Twilight Princess, I liked it but I think a controller is preferable and its not Wii exclusive, which is more of what I meant.

I don't know about Zack and Wiki, but Mario Kart is not "awesome" to me. I never liked teh series all that much, a bit fun here and there but meh for the rest.

RE4 is a remake, and it definitely isn't getting all that much better. I've already beaten it 3 times, and completed most of teh sides stuff (with the exception of the kill as much as you can stuff to get the cannon)

Smash Bros. is pretty fun, but I never liked the battle system a whole lot so its not really good, atleast for me.

The rest has no appeal to me, with the exception of ario Land which isn't released yet I believe, and then I can judge it. And Metroid Prime, which I've been wanting to play but I haven't because I just can't get myself to.

Oh and with the exception of Twilight, none of those game gets me as excited as this is getting me.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:08:02 PM by Kale »

Online Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 09:24:49 PM »
Never played NMH and Galaxy? Those are the two best games. :o

Wario Land: Shake It! came out last week.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 02:36:37 PM »
In Reply To #11

Nope, never played them. I actually only heard of NMH last month? I think. And Galaxy, I've been wanting to play but I just don't have the time nowadays.

In any case though< i don't see myself liking it more than this game. Punchout was undoubted one of my top 5 games back in the nes/snes days.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 09:34:55 PM »
YESSSS!!! a new punchout game!!!! The best boxing series ever created is FINALLY about to return!! Put me a copy away NOW! I'll even pay for it in full! ;D
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 06:27:39 PM »
I just hope they use all the characters from the original and from Super Punch Out
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 07:55:00 PM by profbeanburrito »
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Firebrand-X

• The one with the Spells
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 07:04:37 PM »
Another good reason to buy a wii. i hope Doc is gonna be in the game.

Tags: