Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I knew it! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow!(SPOILERS HERE, PLZ USE THE SPOILER TAG)  (Read 2920341 times)

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: I knew it! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow!!!
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2009, 03:54:15 AM »
no Castlevania is complete without the trusty lady sidekick!  ;D

maybe she'll be a dragoon named Lewinda.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2009, 06:40:48 AM »
no Castlevania is complete without the trusty lady sidekick!
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2009, 07:07:00 AM »
In Reply To #92

The title makes me think even more that this is SQ retold. As in; Drac was sealed away and his remains were guarded by these "Lords". And "Shadow" referring to Drac's ghostly state.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2009, 07:48:50 AM »
The title gives away that the game is clearly a sequel to Castlevania: Order of Shadows ;)

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2009, 08:13:50 AM »
Yeah Peace Walker looks great but what does that have to do with Castlevania?

I'll tell you: Kojima is still too busy making MGS to worry about CV (he also announced MGS: Rising for 360). This is probably a one-time thing to drum up attention for CV, but not a long term replacement of IGA.

In fact I have no reason to believe IGA and team aren't still working on that Alucard game.

I have to agree 100% here. There isn't anything thus far that even alludes to IGA completely stepping down from the series. I'm pretty skeptical myself that LoS may be in fact a Castlevania game. It definately won't suck if it is I suppose but until I see the conference. (When is it, at 5 CST?)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2009, 09:00:32 AM »
I'm hoping IGA is still working on the SotN sequel as well as the main series. I know he gets a lot of bashing but I like his games.

Kojima can work on Lords of Shadow and any other spin offs or whatever from this series.

That way we get more Castlevania and it doesn't seemm like its getting old as much
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2009, 10:01:10 AM »
Lets not forget that Psycho Mantis says to Snake in the original MGS "So i See you like Castlevania".

Yeah yeah, I know they're both Konami games and could be just a coincidence and Castlevania would be just as good a game to mention as any other Konami IP right?

But maybe it was a hint at Kojima being a closet CV fan and that this really is a CV being produced by him. After all... it could have been " I see you like Pro evolution soccer / Salamander / Gradius / dance dance revolution." or any other Konami IP.
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2009, 10:21:12 AM »
Unless Lords of Shadow is going to be a surprise announcement today, we might have to wait and wonder for at least a few more months.

Konami released a list of games they will be showing off at E3 on their website Yesterday, and not a Castlevania title among them. It's beginning to look like Gamer's Night 09 all over again. Lots of build-up, no release.

Linky: http://www.konami.com/news/article43.php
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:22:49 AM by jimmay17 »
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2009, 10:33:47 AM »
Something I also noticed; Iga's blog hasn't been updated since February, and at that time he only talked about the CV Arcade.  I thought that was kinda strange since he usually is at E3, isn't he?

He may not have been ready to show that trailer last time, but it's been a couple months, you'd think he would have something a little more ready by now.  Especially since we all know it's coming.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2009, 10:51:04 AM »
In Reply To #104

Metal Gear is not in there so you are WRONG!@!!

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »
In Reply To #106

Yeah, after I posted that, it occurred to me that they had previously released a press announcement promising "revolutionary" games. None of the games Konami says they'll be showing in Yesterday's release come anywhere near that, so I think there's a good chance they'll still show LoS. If they don't the fan rage is going to be pretty ugly. 

If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »
Quote from: Danial
Something I also noticed; Iga's blog hasn't been updated since February, and at that time he only talked about the CV Arcade.
Do you know what exactly he said about it? I'm curious.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2009, 12:07:35 PM »
Is anyone other than G4 going to stream the event live? The said they are covering/recording it but they're not going to show it until their evening show. And it doesn't look like Gamespot is going to live stream it either.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2009, 12:17:03 PM »
Well I hope we get SOME type of confirmation today either way. They better not just ignore Castlevania altogether.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2009, 01:35:48 PM »
In Reply to #110 (and others)

Unless Lords of Shadow is going to be a surprise announcement today, we might have to wait and wonder for at least a few more months.

Konami released a list of games they will be showing off at E3 on their website Yesterday, and not a Castlevania title among them. It's beginning to look like Gamer's Night 09 all over again. Lots of build-up, no release.

Linky: http://www.konami.com/news/article43.php

Well, you have to remember that Kojima Productions has one last "reveal" left on their page http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2009/ (the one related to the stone mask) that looks like it'll be Lords of Shadow. I'm pretty sure there will be an announcement, just like there was for Metal Gear Rising and Peace Walker. Kojima Productions Podcast/Blog will cover this final reveal later today here: http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/

Pre-Press Conference UPDATE: http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210520/konami-e3-2009-press-conference-liveblog-starts-3-pm-pdt
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:09:33 PM by RichterB »

Tags:

anything