Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So....I actually really like Judgment... O_o  (Read 31995 times)

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
So....I actually really like Judgment... O_o
« on: June 09, 2013, 02:19:50 AM »
+1
So I just started playing CV Judgment and I think it's a really fun game. At first I was like:

O_o

But now I'm like:

:-D

It's fun. The characters are pretty easy to use, and while I hate some of the designs, much like Castlevania Puzzle, Pachislot, or The Arcade, I think it's a cool diversion from the normal series. Flame away...

I really do think it's a worthy entry into the Castlevania series though. It's a good look to have different kinds of games present in a series and Judgment is definitely different as far as CV is concerned. But I think they did do a good job with it. It's really kind of like Smash Bros but for the CV series and they really did a good job putting a lot of fanservice into the game, which is basically the whole point. I don't think they meant it to be a serious effort in the CV cannon,  but it's something fun for the fans, and I think the game itself was kind of misunderstood, but that's just me.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 02:32:51 AM by DoctaMario »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: So....I actually really like Judgment... O_o
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 03:06:12 AM »
+1
Well, that makes at least two of us  ;)

I also enjoyed it for what it was, and I pretty much agree with your point of view.
I first I didn't like it, really. Only the music.
But in time, the game catched me, because, well... it's Castlevania, after all.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 05:15:18 AM »
+2
I played the hell out of the game back when I got it.

The music is probably the best part of the game, as the tracks are faithful yet remastered.
The designs are 'argh' but I got over that real quick.

Who's your fave character to play as?  I dig playing as Shanoa and Carmilla, but Cornell is 'a beast' as well. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 06:34:41 AM »
I like it aswell. Never finished it on Brutal though, too hard.

I wonder how those masks look

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 08:16:13 AM »

What's wrong with the designs from the Arcade? They are great.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 08:16:29 AM »
For me, Simon, Shanoa, and (believe it or not) Golem seemed to be my best.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 08:47:27 AM »
+1
Judgement is one of those games you're not suppose to like but you like it anyway. Kinda like one of the many Street Fighter 2 clones of the 90's outside of Mortal Kombat and King of Fighters.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »
+1
C'mon, World Heroes and TMNT:Tournament Fighters were good stuff.
Also, good Golem players have found out how to break the game, at times.  Rawrgh ROLLOUT.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
I played the hell out of the game back when I got it.

The music is probably the best part of the game, as the tracks are faithful yet remastered.
The designs are 'argh' but I got over that real quick.

Who's your fave character to play as?  I dig playing as Shanoa and Carmilla, but Cornell is 'a beast' as well. :P

Yeah I just got it so I've been playing it a lot. So far I think Carmilla might be my character but I really want to use Trevor. Simon kinda sucks which bummede out. :( But I haven't used everyone yet so I'm still figuring it out.

What's wrong with the designs from the Arcade? They are great.

Nothing. I guess I just forgot to put a a in or something. I donniave a problem with the designs of any of the other games I mentioned. I was referring
To Judgment's designs.

C'mon, World Heroes and TMNT:Tournament Fighters were good stuff.
Also, good Golem players have found out how to break the game, at times.  Rawrgh ROLLOUT.

Are there a lot of people playing online? And did anyone ever establish any kind of tier list for the game?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 10:17:09 AM »
The biggest gripe folks have with Judgement is the designs really. they are really hit or miss.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 11:02:34 AM »
The biggest gripe folks have with Judgement is the designs really. they are really hit or miss.

Indeed. This is one of my only gripes with the game despite the fact that I've never played it. Grant looks like a mummy or someone who's suffered an industrial accident. Simon and Trevor are nearly identical rather then sporting their own identities, as well as looking like a couple of leather-tight man-whores looking for a pimp. A Grant, Sypha and Trevor love triangle..?? I don't think so. And then there's the issue with Maria oogling that other woman's bust size despite the fact that back in the day women didn't care about such things unlike nowadays. Shanoa's design was actually pretty interesting. Carmilla was another as well. Alucard...not so much. I figure that the SotN nobleman's look suits him better then that of a knight, and his hair was a little too straight as though he was Asian rather then Romanian. And what the hell is up with Aeon's lip stick. That's the first thing I notice whenever I see an image of him. I did give the soundtrack a listen to, but I didn't find anything much there that grabbed my attention.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 11:27:05 AM »

Yep Simon is light, maria is misa,  :P

But cornell is awesome and sypha well....    ;D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »
Don't remind me. Yuck!!! The character designs should have been more faithful the the games. For example, Trevor as he appeared in CoD, Alucard as he appeared in SotN, etc. On the other hand, Corrnel's appearance was good. His appearance in Judgment is the only design I don't have a problem with.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »
I would rather just play soul calibur with my custom made CV characters any time. They look more true to Castlevania than the character designs in judgement anyways.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 03:00:41 PM »
+2
Are there a lot of people playing online? And did anyone ever establish any kind of tier list for the game?

When the game was popular, tiers were determined.
There's a thread for CVJudgment ID's/FC's posted but I don't know how many play.
The online is pretty smooth, at least for me.  It's not laggy like Brawl was at times...

I 'think' this was our old Tier List:

[Top]
Aeon
Shanoa

[High]
Eric
Alucard
Maria

[Mid]
Grant
Cornell
Sypha

[Low]
Trevor
Carmilla
Death
Simon

[Bottom]
Dracula
Golem

However, this was before people learned how overpowered Dracula can be, and how versatile the giant Golem can be when doing dodge-escapes via Rollout.

OLD THREAD:
Clicky!

Once the game matured, it was determined that there really aren't tiers much because no one can agree on any one character being any better/worse than another.  At first, Sypha was down, then she was up.  Then Shanoa went to top tier, then Aeon because he can combo into an unblockable.  Then Golem moved up, then Dracula.  At one point Trevor and Simon were the shittiest, then people learned that they have better Air game than other characters.

Sooooo it's STILL undecided, even after all these years, haha.

Don't remind me. Yuck!!! The character designs should have been more faithful the the games. For example, Trevor as he appeared in CoD, Alucard as he appeared in SotN, etc. On the other hand, Corrnel's appearance was good. His appearance in Judgment is the only design I don't have a problem with.

Eh, I really don't have a problem with these designs:
-Sypha (Mmm... she's all sorts of nice)
-Carmilla (mmm... she's all sorts of naughty)
-Golem (looks like a boss)
-Cornell (just badass awesome)

These are ok:
-Aeon (it will do)
-Alucard (it's not SotN, but it's not a dealbreaker much)
-Shanoa (she doesn't have the look of OoE, but I like the 'fighting nun' look.  I do miss the long hair though)
-Trevor (although I don't dig how full of belts he is, I like the short hair, eyepatch, and fur outfit).

These are... passable:
-Simon Belmont (anachronistic, and needed more plate armor and less leather)
-Eric Lecarde (he looks really plain.  Most people just had beef with him being a kid, rather than the adult Bloodlines version.  Also he's kind of a dick.  But again, his only design flaw is that it's quite plain)

The eyesore atrocious ones really are:
-Grant (WTF Voldo?)
-Dracula (steampipe nipples in the cape)
-Maria (Punkrock Goth chick with a birdcage staff? Call PETA, that owl must have a million concussions)
-Death (really not digging the Shinigami look or the hook-hand, or the fact that his 'face' is a mask; Time Reaper was more Death-like... and even he brings it up "Even your visage mocks me, die!")
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 03:10:30 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!

anything