Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Demo Disc  (Read 4424 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:43:50 AM »
Someone else have one? My first disc and my introduction to the "CDs and 3D-era" was with this CD that came with my PSX:

PS one - Interactive Sampler 7 (DEMO GAMES) HD Part 1

For me its the best collection to show good games for a new console until today :P

So, someone else here have similiar stories or info to share?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 11:37:06 AM »
I remember as a kid someone in my family was a member of the old "playstation underground" demodisc club but the discs always got stolen by someone in the post office before they got to us lol. The thieving postal worker was "kind" enough to send on the wrapper the discs would have come in though. I found the Sly Cooper series, one of my favorites, through a demo for Sly Cooper 3 on one of the old playstation jampack demo discs.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 12:36:15 PM »
I still have my discs that came with Playstation Underground. That was a cool club! Wish they did more stuff like that now. I also still have the demo disks that came with certain game mags like EGM, Playstation Mag, etc.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 04:49:29 PM »
I played the shiznit out of the Metal Gear Solid demo which had Japanese voice acting and subtitles. I was severely let down when the final game didn't have the option for Japanese with subs (even though the original English dub is great—Twin Snakes, ehhh, not so much). A HINDU D!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 03:01:52 AM »
I think I played the demo disc with Klonoa 2 maybe 100 times before I finally picked up that game a few years later. It was love at first sight and it's still one of my favorite platformers EVAR. If Klonoa 3 was announced I would probably die.

I also played the demo for Dark Cloud A LOT back in the day, and didn't pick up the game until 3 years ago. I had already played through Dark Cloud 2 by that time so the first game didn't really do that much for me in the end. But I'll always remember dat demo!

I also had a couple of PS1 demos with stuff like Little Big Adventure, and another game that I cannot for the love of me remember the name of. I want to say Johnny Bazookatune, but it may not have been that. I'll google straight away.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 11:11:54 PM »
I also had a couple of PS1 demos with stuff like Little Big Adventure, and another game that I cannot for the love of me remember the name of. I want to say Johnny Bazookatune, but it may not have been that. I'll google straight away.

Blasto?

Also I've discovered Rival Schools because it came as a demo with Pocket Fighters, played it a lot of times until buying it :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

anything