Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Dracula's Curse 2020 - Fan Remake of Castlevania III  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I was surfing the web and youtube, when i came upon this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTB1lKv0tlc
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Dracula's Curse 2020 - Fan Remake of Castlevania III
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 10:37:47 PM »
From the looks of this video the presentation is there, however.. The gameplay seems to replicate curse of darkness. That would be fine in a 3D world. But this is 2D and as such, the combat does not translate well. The whip seems to go all over the place and as such the player has no actual attack range except of whats around the character sprite. This doesn't work for classicvania. As for the stages there was a lot put into them and some of the ideas I liked. Other things like the stairs inside the church don't work out well due to how bright the building is when it should be much darker like in the original game. But because of said brightness the stairs kind of fall into the background and can be hard to identify.

-UPDATE-

I watched more of the video and it seem like Trevor has more then one costume that the player can try out. Each costume makes Trevor play differently. That's nice to know as I don't care about how CoD Trevor plays compared to his past iterations. With that out of the way the game seems playable from start to finish. Some things were changed around it seems. And with things like higher jumping and such the difficulty isn't as great as it is in the original. Over all it looks good albeit a bit buggy so when this is officially released by the author I will gladly check it out.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 11:33:37 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: