Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate  (Read 4580 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: May 10, 2015, 02:53:35 AM »
+1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLG_q54eowY&list=PLBnrd5k2F2IMbfzkyHeyTJ3XKW2fdxCYg

- Ubisoft says it will officially reveal the new title on May 12 at 5 p.m. UK time (12 p.m. ET) during a livestream.
- The marketing material states that the game will "transport millions of gamers to an astonishing recreation of London during the Industrial Revolution where they will find themselves immersed in a game world they'll have to see to believe."
- The main character will be called Jacob Frye
- Those who pre-order the game at GameStop will receive an Assassin's Creed: Syndicate shilling necklace, meant to be a replica of the one worn by Frye in the game.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/8/8575239/assassins-creed-syndicate-hits-this-holiday-stars-jacob-frye
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:27:41 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 06:39:41 PM »
The reveal doesn't come as a shock, though from what I heard, this game is what "Assassin's Creed: Victory" turned out to be. The reveal of a reveal of another yearly AC game doesn't surprise me, but hopefully they learned from the shit that Unity brought them to actually bring out a proper game.

That being said, I've never bought an AC-game for a full $60, and I probably won't do as such with this one.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 08:07:08 PM »
Yeah they are fond of revealing yearly games through apparent "leaks" a few months before the big reveal.
Victory was so obvious as the Victorian era. I was right to believe it was a placeholder.

Unity was a funny one. I loved the memes that came out that first day.

I never bought any AC game. I'm happy enough with reading the novels and the wiki.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 11:55:36 PM »
Honestly, It's about time for another Prince of Persia game, Assassin's Creed was good, but a bit over-exhausted.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 11:58:28 PM »
Honestly, It's about time for another Prince of Persia game, Assassin's Creed was good, but a bit over-exhausted.

I honestly agree with this. Forgotten Sands was bleeding with potential. The gameplay was perfect for a then current-gen Prince of Persia, but the game was waaaaaay too short, too easy, and had crap for replay value. And even worse, if the game wasn't ALREADY easy enough, once you get the Water Sword at the end of the game, even the large enemies start dying in 3-4 hits.

But the way the gameplay felt was really smooth, and the leveling system, the platforming in the game, the elemental powers were all stuff that felt fresh and great in the PoP formula. I think if they expanded on that, it could make for a fantastic game.

Alas, I lack copies of the original Sands trilogy, and all I have is the really shoddy HD collection.

As for Assassin's Creed, as long as Frye doesn't magnet to every damn waist-high object when I try to move forward, I will enjoy the game. (*looks at Unity angrily*)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:01:50 AM by Claimh Solais »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 11:10:20 PM »
New info:
According to the website, in the next Assassin's Creed game it will be possible to play as a male AND as a female. It seems like the player will be able to play as Jacob and Evie, brother and sister, heavily involved in the criminal underworld of Victorian London.
"Jacob will still likely qualify as the game’s main character. The balance in story missions may favor the brother about 75% to 25%, according to a person familiar with Syndicate, who spoke under condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly about the game."
In addition, according to their source, ACSyndacate will not have any multiplayer mode but "you’ll be able to swap between Jacob and Evie while exploring the world between missions."

Source: http://kotaku.com/sources-you-can-play-as-a-woman-in-assassins-creed-sy-1703598017

IGA's Bloodstained is also set in the Victorian era. Is this era becoming a trend for this year's reveals?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 02:04:19 AM »
+1
Female assassins! Maybe we can have French accents, too, now that we're in London! (*looks at Unity angrily again*)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 09:28:50 AM »
Took 'em how many games to bring a woman assassin along? Six, seven..? Yeeesh!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »
Took 'em how many games to bring a woman assassin along? Six, seven..? Yeeesh!

There were two female playable characters before this game. Both Shao Jun and Aveline de Grandpre.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 11:21:14 PM »
Did they have their own stories as well as being main characters? I've not played a single AS game even though I've watched some playthroughs--both online and my brother's.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 11:24:02 PM »
Did they have their own stories as well as being main characters? I've not played a single AS game even though I've watched some playthroughs--both online and my brother's.

Yup. Aveline was the main character of Assassin's Creed: Liberation, and Shao Jun was the main character of Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China. As well, Aveline is also playable in a short story mission in AC4, and Shao Jun is a major character in Assassin's Creed: Embers.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 12:34:59 AM »
From Gamespot:
- Set in 1868 London at the height of the Industrial Revolution, Syndicate will follow twin sibling assassins Jacob and Evie Frye as they rally the city’s criminal underground to a common cause: overthrowing the ruling Templar power.
- The "Syndicate" in the name comes from what will ultimately be players’ goal: to create their own criminal syndicate, a group of people fighting for the common cause of bringing down the Templars. According to the developers, every activity within the game--every side mission as well as the main story missions--will in some way contribute to this goal.
- Although some story missions are designed for either Jacob or Evie, most of the time the player will be able to choose which twin to play as. Both will have their own skill trees, offering up to two unique individuals to develop. At their disposal will be new systematic vehicles, which can be hijacked Grand Theft Auto-style as well as used to cause diversions, and the Batman-style rope launcher.
- In Syndicate, according to the source, stealth abandons the need to hide entirely and instead focuses on allowing players to manipulate the environment in ways that allow them to sneak around. The players won’t be hitting buttons to enter and exit cover; instead there will be a "softer snap," in which they can tap a button to move fluidly from navigation into stealth when they need it.
- Players will be able to use the whistle, which was been brought back from previous Assassin's Creeds to lure unsuspecting police and criminals to wherever he is hiding. Throwing knives will be back too and they will be more versatile: in addition to throwing them at enemies, they can be used to cut down objects hanging over the London streets, like barrels and cargo in nets, and chucked into fire sources to inflict burns on enemies and cause a distraction.
- After complaints about windows being too hard to move over and into in Unity, windows in Syndicate have been retooled for smoother use. Players will also be able to climb up more things, for example the chimneys, which will offer an excellent point on which to get a great view of the city.
- There will be seven boroughs in the city
- The voice actor for Jacob will be Paul Roger Amos
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate has been in development for almost three years with Ubisoft’s Quebec City studio. The other studios collaborating with Quebec are Montreal, Singapore, Annecy, Shangai, Montpellier, Reflections, Chengdu, Shanghai and Kiev

And more things from Ubiblog:
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-jacob-evie-london-rooks/
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-combat-stealth-weapons-vehicles/

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 02:44:15 AM »
London Quarters

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 02:46:16 AM »
In an interview with GameSpot, Creative Director Marc-Alexis Côté and Level Design Director Hugo Giard shared some additional details about Assassin's Creed Syndicate:
- With Assassin’s Creed Syndicate the development team, taking inspiration from the character-driven experience of Assassin’s Creed 2, are pushing forward the two main characters, Jacob and Evie, the way they’re different and similar, and how they go about achieving their objectives inside London.
- The relationship between Jacob and Evie is an integral part of the storytelling. Evie is a true protagonist and not just a sidekick for Jacob.
- The new cycle that started with Desmond’s death will become much clearer with Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. The present-day story, which is coming back, is going to make sense for the players, and they’re going to understand the conflict between the Assassins and the Templars. The team want to make sure the player feels in the present-day story that he or she has importance.

Finally.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 10:20:14 AM »
- The new cycle that started with Desmond’s death will become much clearer with Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. The present-day story, which is coming back, is going to make sense for the players, and they’re going to understand the conflict between the Assassins and the Templars. The team want to make sure the player feels in the present-day story that he or she has importance.

About god damn time. It only took them 3 games.

I'm actually quite intrigued about the gameplay in this one. The grappling hook sounds lovely, and both of the protagonists look awesome, though Evie looks arguably more badass.