Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Seattle Seahawks stomp Broncos for Super Bowl win  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
Seattle Seahawks stomp Broncos for Super Bowl win
« on: February 02, 2014, 08:01:44 PM »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Re: Seattle Seahawks stomp Broncos for Super Bowl win
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 08:35:01 PM »
Heck yeah! What a game! Who would have seen that coming. I think people may have thought the final score would have the teams flip flopped. But damn good job by Seattle. Pete Carroll has been said he can never win big in the NFL. He just did! Seattle's D fense was as good as the 85 bears or 02 Bucs. Very stellar performance...  I'm super glad too as a Pats fans...not to see Peyton shine like everyone wanted him too. Look as good as he is....people shouldnt put him on a pedestool. Lately Brady takes alot of flack..and yeah the Pats have to get over the hump...but the Pats were decimated in injuries this year...our top players other than brady were gone.  I also think too for justice's purpose. Most people dont' remember that in the super bowl with Seattle vs Pittsburgh....they basically handed pittsburgh the win with crap calls against Seattle. They took away at least one touchdown and a feild goal on bad pass interfernce calls.  Tonight was justice in my mind.

Though the Pats havent won in  a decade now...and yeah it's been that long..i got a feeling they're time again is coming. I mean that crappy reffed game in Pats vs Giants in 08'. Yeah just another horrible called game..which they basically handed the Giants the game. The G-men fumbled twice and gave them basically 2 scores they would never have gotten if they got the calls right. The pats recoverd both times and i wondered wtf happened?? That means take away at least a touchdown and fieldgoal on those drives and Pats woulda beaten the Giants. Plus one time they fumbled it was at their own 22. Gee all the Pats woudl need to do is line up and kick a fieldgoal.

So i always said if Seattle wins...and Pats win....good!!! The league screwed them both out of superbowls...as far as i'm concerned they can screw them both back into superbowl wins!!! people can bitch about spygate all day...other teams did the same shit(Boom and Dan Marino admitted it too on tv)! On top of that i remember an AFC championship comeback by Indy that was won on a bad call with 4th and 12...and some how Assante Samuel never touched the reciever...he got flagged for pass interference...really???. Yeah they gave it to Peyten then(the bears d fense was decimated in super bowl....Pats woulda easily won)...they didnt tonight. Glad the league didnt fuck it up. Sure people can say we got the raiders snow game tuck rule...but at least it's a rule...right? The nfl made it up...as lame as it sounds.....not like a couple of non reviewed fumbles or a missed pass interfence. Hell as a Pats fan we could have been looking at 5 superbowls and an undefeated season as well. Yeah i still think the league sucks...since Goodell was in the leaque...he outta change is name...to Roger the Cheater!!! NFL like many other sportes as far as i'm concerned is a piss poor way to rip people off(nothing more than a gimmick).. Hey...i always...say if the refs are too old...or can't make the right calls..send them packing... get computerrs to ref the damn games.. Hey it's a technological era...no reason for some dumb shit calls anymore...people can no longer make excuses.. The league...how shall i say....is guilty like Milli-Vanilli's lip syncing performance......rip off. Yeah people pay good money to see a good game..win or lose...not lose on some shit call. Well i'm glad....not cause Peyton didnt get all the glory...but because Seattle deserved it in 2006....and their fans finally got one!! Go seahawks..and your fans...convincing win tonight!!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 11:57:20 PM »
This super bowl wasn't as cold as people made it out to be.

A low scoring defensive affair?  Nope! Just another blowout super bowl like the ones in the 80's and early 90's.  :rollseyes:

And as far as 42 goes, if Assante Samuel would've caught one of those 2 balls thrown his way before the Tyree helmet catch, the game is over.  But then again, the margin of victory in pro sports is razor thin.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:02:03 AM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 01:28:57 AM »
Some Saints fans wanted to see Peyton win so that the Saints would have revenge for 2 losses to the Seahawks this year (revenge? HAAHAHAHA!). I had fun poking at them today, though one told me they would've beat the Hawks if the games were in New Orleans, I told the guy they weren't good enough to get the Hawks in the Superdome.

This Seahawks championship put a smile on my face, Marshawn Lynch deserved a title.

Offline Morning star

• Vanquishing Evil Since 1987
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Vintage video game collector.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 05:33:06 AM »
It was nice to see a dominant defense get a championship. I wanted to see Peyton finish off his great season, but if that's all this record setting team could do against Seattle, it really says something about the rest of the teams in the league i think. A league full of hot offense and nobody can handle an old school defense anymore. :) I think it's kinda funny.

This magic whip could be an example of advanced alien technology.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
@ highwind dragon. Yeah i know...assante dropped a ball that woulda sealed the superbowl in 08 and instead dropped what would been the game ending pick. The very next play if i remember or 2 plays later..eli connects for a touchdown..oh..man i was so bullshit at that point! And that Tyree catch...oh wtf!! Yeah i still think games of that magnitude should be refeered far better than  is was.....the NFL killed history...unlike in 2012 were i think the Giants outplayed and beat the Pats handedly( i dont think i saw one bad call in that game). The G-men  really had a nice run their late in  2012 season to win the lombardi trophy.

This superbowl between Denver and Seattle was pretty good reffed. I did think the refs missed a pass interference that would kept a drive going for Denver...honestly though the game was already 22-0 at that point and well out of reach. I kept thinking in my mind woudl their be a 2nd half come back...i've seen some teams with great QB's do it. Manning,Brady, Brees...i mean it wasnt impossible..but once Seattle got to 29 -0 you just felt the night belonged to Seattle.  Manning did break another record with the most completion though.. a record Brady set in 03 against Carolina in that superbowl.  I have to say...Seattle gave Denver no room to breath especially in the run game...i didnt see it coming..honestly i thought  Denver would win a close game(though still a low scoring affair)...but this wasnt what everyone was probably expecting.....also hats of to Russel Wilson..he didnt play an amazing game..but moved the chains when needed too,didnt make mistakes....and found a way to get points on the board and did what he needed to when he needed to. Though i dont think he should or would be the MVP( i didnt see that part) probalby a defensive player...he did a great job of managing the game..and keeping Denver offense off the field..

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 06:23:10 PM »
1. The Tyree helmet catch happened on third down.

2. Pats could've won if Wes welker catches that ball. (BTW, giants won in 11, Ravens won in 12, FYI)

3. The MVP was #53 LB Malcolm Smith, he got the game ending pick off of a pass that Richard Sherman tipped.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 07:34:15 PM »
Yeah but what i meant is the super bowl itself..the season was 11 the superbowl of that season in 12, ravens in 12..but super bowl was in 13, like was the 13' season this yeaer with the super bowl being in 2014...that's what i was refering too.   Ok yeah the tyree catch was pretty amazing i will say that much..i believe if was on a  drive where the giants originally fumbled.. not sure where...i know the Giants scored on that drive they fumbled on...one of the crap calls imho.And yeah i remember that drop pass on 3rd down by welker..it friggin happened in both superbowls they were in against the G-men, all the Pats needed was a first down with 2:oo remaining and nope...here come the giants..... almost like deja vu in 2012

And yeah Malcom Smith..ok i'm guessin he's the guy that picked off manning when the lineman hit his hand(or was it cam chancellor??).. yeah though he got the pick..that lineman should get alot of credit..i think he made 2 tips in that game, one leading to a pick the other to a loss of downs.. I just know that Denver kept going for it on 4th after the 4th quarter...they had the right idea...i mean you can't worry about the other team scoring at that point..when your down by that much you must go 4th down territory and take every change to gain momentum and climb back into the game. it was the right call...but i think if i were in John Fox's shoes...i woulda told Manning to go no huddle...he like Brady and Brees excels at no huddle. He's definetly one of the best at it! Though they didnt' win...Still a very historical season by Manning and the Broncos with that offense..something i doubt will be done again for a long time... 

Tags: