Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ehh... Some help please?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: October 29, 2014, 06:50:35 PM »
    I've been looking for a good languange to program in, but so far I haven't found one. I've looked at Gamemaker, and I do not like it at all. I've looked at ClickteamFusion2, and it's just confusing. Does anybody have any suggestions for me? I wanna make a 2d MetroidVania game that has an equip system, complex combos, etc. In essence, an NitM quality game. I've heard good things about Unity, but it's a 3d based engine so I'm kinda afraid to invest in it.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 06:57:41 PM »
Unity can do things on 2D too since some updates ago, you should give a try since its free. You will need to work with real coding (C#, Java or Boo!) so be prepared, since atleast in my view the easiest one to mess with is Multimedia Fusion 2 (IDK how Clickteam Fusion changed since it was a long time that I didnt touched the brand, like almost a year, you should ask Darkmanx or BMC_Warmachine) and Game Maker uses a language based on C+, so I would choose Clickteam Fusion 2 or Unity.

Unity come with some basic things pre-made like physics and lighting, but you need to mess with the program to unleash it potential :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 06:59:54 PM »
Unity can do things on 2D too since some updates ago, you should give a try since its free. You will need to work with real coding (C#, Java or Boo!) so be prepared, since atleast in my view the easiest one to mess with is Multimedia Fusion 2 (IDK how Clickteam Fusion changed since it was a long time that I didnt touched the brand, like almost a year, you should ask Darkmanx or BMC_Warmachine) and Game Maker uses a language based on C+, so I would choose Clickteam Fusion 2 or Unity.

Unity come with some basic things pre-made like physics and lighting, but you need to mess with the program to unleash it potential :)

Alright. I'll try it out.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 04:55:57 AM »
You do realize that learning a programming language means biting the bullet when you first start, right? It's always confusing until you get the hang of it.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags: Who reads these things?