Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dark Souls Announcement Trailer  (Read 9216 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 03:54:42 AM »
Dude... nice sprite sig.

Anywho...angry about it being no longer exclusive.... geez.... people really need to get over this.

Dark souls sounds like Diablo 2 in the way that Diablo 2 progressed. D1, one base connected to all places, Demons souls same. Diablo 2 multiple bases... likewise, dark souls multiple bases.

Offline Svart

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 09:04:17 AM »
That sucks, I don't want to throw my controller through my tv! Why can't they have different difficulty levels like most games?

but as stated above.. it does!

Magic & Shield = Easy mode.

Strong shield and good spear = Normal mode.

2 handed sword = Hard Mode.

and when you come to understand the game mechanichs the game gets a lot more easier..

It's really like Castlevania I kind of difficult, analyse situations, learn the maps by trial and error, patience and timing is essential, never rush uinless you know exactly what you are doing, etc etc etc...

if you beated castlevania I then you can beat demon's souls!

oh.. and a protip.. get a shield.. even if you are using bows :P .

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 09:57:31 AM »
Actually, I meant... the pure black pure / white thing.

Offline Svart

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 10:01:48 AM »
oh, that thing XD Still is easier and faster to get a PBWT than a PWWT which it kinda... screws the point?, also usually you gain PWWT when you have killed almost all the bosses (if not all) so.. uhmm..

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Dark Souls Announcement Trailer
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »
Dude... nice sprite sig.
Honestly, I am going to miss the whole Tendencies system of the game. It gave the game a creepy feeling, especially when you got to encounter black phantom enemies/players more frequently and the regular enemies got even tougher. It was a welcome challenge that most games didn't have. Though I kinda got annoyed by player black phantoms constantly going into me and my friend's game and destroying us due to him being at a ridiculous soul level and kicking my lv 58 ass.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:38:41 AM by darkjak951 »
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 07:13:09 AM »
I didn't hate the system, I hated the fact that you are limited to chances and choices to change it.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 08:33:47 AM »
Demon's Souls isn't that hard guys. You just can't go in and try bum rushing everything you see. The game actually requires a bit of thought unlike most recent games to come out in this generation. You don't like the old school death system? You die, you start from the fucking beginning. Bitch.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 09:42:33 AM »
Not quite oldschool. You dont have a set number of lives for one. You never get sent all the way back to the beginning for another, just that section.

It's just too grindy for me, and I don't mind most grind too much.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 11:16:21 AM »
Can't wait till this comes out. 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 02:35:53 PM »
Glad to hear you can adjust the difficulty, and thanks for letting me know guys. Though I hope normal 'sword and shield' is do able. In any case I checked out some screen shots on RPGfan and wow it looks incredible. Might be worth buying just to look at it! There appears to be a very scary large rat in the game, horrifying.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 05:35:04 AM »
Dark souls... hasn't mentioned difficulty changing yet. I did hear they take out tendency, which is changing difficulty through gameplay, so it won't be the same. I dunno about this new one, but sword and shield works best as far as i can tell, with my game.

I'm stuck though, since I don't want to farm for exp or items to make weapons that deal more dmg to the enemies i currently face.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 05:57:39 PM »
Dark souls... hasn't mentioned difficulty changing yet. I did hear they take out tendency, which is changing difficulty through gameplay, so it won't be the same. I dunno about this new one, but sword and shield works best as far as i can tell, with my game.

I'm stuck though, since I don't want to farm for exp or items to make weapons that deal more dmg to the enemies i currently face.
I'll assume you play with sword and shield... you ca get the best 1hand sword and armor (for warrior/knight imo) w/o really farming. For the sword you just need the Pureblood Demon's Soul killing Maiden Astraea at The Valley of Defilement (World 5-3) and a Broken Sword you can get from Dreglings rare drop at Word 1-1/1-2 or you will find as 1 of the items in the Word 5-2, now go with blacksmith Ed and you can create the Blueblood, and the Brushwood Armor is droped by Biorr or near Executioner Miralda at Word 1-1 (PWWT or PBWT).

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »
eh, i was saving area 5 for last because it seemed kinda boring....

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 05:58:42 PM »
I got the first one a while back, but haven't played it yet. It sounds pretty exciting, but I haven't been in the mood to get my ass kicked lately, I guess. Same reason I haven't touched the new Ninja Gaiden games, but still want to get around to playing them.

I think I might give it a spin after I finish Dragon Age, though. This thread has me excited now.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 08:02:19 AM »
eh, i was saving area 5 for last because it seemed kinda boring....

Other than maybe 4-1(so many black phantom attacks for me there :() I can say that any part of area 5 annoyed the living crap out of me. Mainly 5-2 with that damn swamp....and those damn rats that plague you. If you do go there, I recommend you go there with a lot of poison curing items(and maybe a few plague curing items...just in case).
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Tags:

anything