Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1080762 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1485 on: May 30, 2015, 12:03:24 AM »
Huh, compared to your Dracula, the original Dracula actually looks kinda derpy. lol
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1486 on: May 30, 2015, 12:26:41 AM »
needs moar frames :V But, as it is right now, it looks kinda choppy to me. At least for a SotN style animation.
SotN Alucard had over 30 frames just for walking Xp
I guess I was trying to fit around Rondo style somewhere?
Adding more frames is always an option I guess.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1487 on: May 30, 2015, 03:15:44 AM »
I dont think the frames its a problem, Richter have less than Alucard and works fine, I can see what you use for this or i think and i must say its a good idea, you made anothers move apart of this?

@theplottwist

thats awesome, the only that i dont like its Alucard, the long and white hair (if thats the hair and the color, perhaps i dont see well) its not how i remember the clasic Alucard and that kills for me that sprite, yeah im fan of the Clasic Alucard but im not saying its bad its a good work.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1488 on: May 30, 2015, 11:08:27 AM »
Some sprite revamps.

She finally has nipples!
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1489 on: June 03, 2015, 07:42:19 AM »
So I tried mockup up something to contribute for IGABonus so I decided to make a candle with stand.
The design seems ok and so far I am satisfied with the animation, might go back and do further shading lightcast by the flame.

What do you guys think?

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1490 on: June 03, 2015, 01:51:14 PM »
So I tried mockup up something to contribute for IGABonus so I decided to make a candle with stand.
The design seems ok and so far I am satisfied with the animation, might go back and do further shading lightcast by the flame.

What do you guys think?

Looks nice, Don.  There are only a couple problems: One, perspective doesn'y work like that. The top of the cross would not have as much visible.
Example:

Another problem is the contrast. There is not enough in this picture to tell the difference between details, like the sahding on the stand, our the outline of the candle. My usual combo is: 2 light colors, 3 mid tone, 2 dark, and then one near black color for defenition.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1491 on: June 04, 2015, 12:50:12 AM »
Looks nice, Don.  There are only a couple problems: One, perspective doesn'y work like that. The top of the cross would not have as much visible.
Example:

Another problem is the contrast. There is not enough in this picture to tell the difference between details, like the sahding on the stand, our the outline of the candle. My usual combo is: 2 light colors, 3 mid tone, 2 dark, and then one near black color for defenition.

Yeah I thought people might think that, you are in fact not actually seeing the top of the cross there but a spherical edge. I'll take up your advice on the coloring though and see if I can use that to clear up the confusion. Thanks for the feedback :)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1492 on: June 04, 2015, 06:08:11 AM »
Yeah I thought people might think that, you are in fact not actually seeing the top of the cross there but a spherical edge. I'll take up your advice on the coloring though and see if I can use that to clear up the confusion. Thanks for the feedback :)

Yes, I knew exactly what you're going for, but perspective doesn't look like that still, silly. :P

Want me to make another diagram?

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1493 on: June 04, 2015, 02:18:51 PM »
Yes, I knew exactly what you're going for, but perspective doesn't look like that still, silly. :P

Want me to make another diagram?
Nah that's ok, thanks though. I think the combination of the square onto the round shape was a bit awkward to begin with so I changed it up a little.
Right now I think it should look a lot better. (thanks to the coloring tip) I spiced up the animation a bit and realized I might want more frames. I'm interested to know what you think so far though.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1494 on: June 04, 2015, 04:36:57 PM »
Nah that's ok, thanks though. I think the combination of the square onto the round shape was a bit awkward to begin with so I changed it up a little.
Right now I think it should look a lot better. (thanks to the coloring tip) I spiced up the animation a bit and realized I might want more frames. I'm interested to know what you think so far though.

Could you do a perfect frontal view diagram? Just flat lines would be fine (like a wireframe from perfect front, no perspective modification)

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1495 on: June 05, 2015, 06:50:19 AM »
Do you mean like this? Or do you want an actual wireframe of the thing?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:52:23 AM by Donvermicelli »

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1496 on: June 05, 2015, 05:00:17 PM »
Do you mean like this? Or do you want an actual wireframe of the thing?

No, that's fine. I thought the top (around the candle) was supposed to be flat. That's what threw me off at first. Now, for the colors, I'd suggest a palette like this: (more contrast, + hue shifting creates a really nice effect) You don't need to use that EXACT palette tho. Creating your own is mush more fun.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1497 on: June 05, 2015, 06:23:27 PM »
So i have to rest a little but i cant stop thinking in what to do next XD:

This was made to support the proyect Deaths Gambit

I showed this to the post of the game Anathema but here i will say in case, if someone want to use this sprite have to talk with piscesdreams and if he is okey i will send all the spritesheets i have but for now no one can use this sprites.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1498 on: June 05, 2015, 06:28:19 PM »
@Jop Can you make AoS Soma edits for his katana animation? I believe that's the only thing missing from his set to be used in CV Fighter.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1499 on: June 05, 2015, 06:43:05 PM »
@Jop Can you make AoS Soma edits for his katana animation? I believe that's the only thing missing from his set to be used in CV Fighter.

I think he needs too the bazooka but i dont remember well, im not going to do that because this work its made by my friend (Slogra in the forum of Castlevania fighter) and i want that she do all the work so i dont get any of the credit, stil i will talk to her and see what she can do, i will help in advice but cant do anymore.