Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Presidential Election Day 2008 --GO VOTE!  (Read 10424 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Presidential Election Day 2008 --GO VOTE!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 07:00:22 PM »
I actually was for a filibuster-proof senate, at least for the first term. It could assure that we get more done since the administration would be on the same page. However I wouldn't like it to stay that way, and I want an increase in INDEPENDENT canidates -- it doesn't just have to be these two parties.

You know what they say: absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I think it's time to allow a third party into the mix. Of course we know how much trouble they have getting their word out.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Presidential Election Day 2008 --GO VOTE!
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 12:50:12 PM »
I actually was for a filibuster-proof senate, at least for the first term. It could assure that we get more done since the administration would be on the same page. However I wouldn't like it to stay that way, and I want an increase in INDEPENDENT canidates -- it doesn't just have to be these two parties.

You know what they say: absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I think it's time to allow a third party into the mix. Of course we know how much trouble they have getting their word out.

Additional political parties already exist in most states, but they gain no traction with the general public, primarily due to media snubs that stifle exposure...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 05:54:52 PM by cecil-kain »

Tags:

anything