Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Would you marry a djinn?  (Read 11759 times)

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 04:07:20 PM »
Wow how did I miss this thread? Maybe because I mostly hang  in the general castlevania discussion forum.
To answer the first question, no I don't think you can willingly marry a Djinn, unless he's a good Djinn. Most of muslims believe that Djinns can either be good or bad.Just like humans.I think someone pointed this before. Djinns are not considered like demons in Christianity. They are on the same level as humans, they aren't good or bad by nature, plus they can be Muslims, because Mohammed was sent to Humans and Djinns alike. They are said to live in a different plane, but they can interact with our world. Not only can they use magic, but they have supposedly the power to possess a human body. Those who do that are considered bad Djinns, because they deceive people and cause them harm in most cases. There's a lot of stories about women and men  marrying a Djinn without knowing it.In some cases, they( the Djinns) are not evil. It's possible then for a man or a woman to continue on living with a Djinn, if there's love of course. I never heard of a human and a Djinn having a baby. He'll just be half Djinn half human I guess.

Djinns were mentioned long before Islam appeared, in Iran I think. It's not a concept that Islam came with, it already existed in the folklore back in the 7th century. So it's possible for someone who isn't religious like me, to believe in Djinns because they are part of the Folklore. There's a place in Morocco where Djinns are said to gather. They also have kings apparently. The most popular Djinn is Shamharoush. Djinns are often linked to the practice of Witchcraft, because of their incredible  powers. Even though Witchcraft is condemned in Islam, it is still practiced in the Muslim world. While it can cause you to be whipped in Saudi Arabia, it's not the case in my country. That just shows that there's no unity in the practice of Islam , that there's as many schools in Islam as in Christianity, or even more.Some are more tolerant than others, and some aren't at all .I know it's pretty hard for westerners to accept this, because it supposes that you'll have to treat each country differently, which is too tiring.
And about all those people who are becoming Islamist all of a sudden, it's because they are weak and take the easy route imo . It's so easy for a man to find the answers he's looking for in schools like Wahhabism. In the women's case, I think it has more to do with trying to fit in society. One thing that I don't like about Islam is that gives too much importance to appearances. In theory it shouldn't, but then there's thousands of possible interpretations. So every scholar, every person has his own opinion about a certain matter in Islam.
My point is that most of people think that a woman who wears a Hijab is a good woman, a good Muslim, independently of her actions. Same for someone who goes to the Mosque every day. He'll be praised and honored, even if he treats his relatives badly. I think it's our main problem right now. We give too much importance to appearances, and we are easily deceived by scholars.In most of the Muslim countries, we don't encourage people to think on their own, and argue about matters connected to Islam and the Prophet. Like the depictions of Muhammad. They are banned because God says that we shouldn't try to copy nature, God's work. Everything that falls under this category is banned, or highly reprehensible . But it was never officially said in Ku'ran that we shouldn't depict Muhammed specifically. It's more like a tacit rule, that most of Muslim countries agreed upon, except some countries like Iran, Turkey etc where Muhammad was depicted,especially during the Middle ages, because they decided to overlook that aspect of Islam and depict nature if and when necessary.

If we're not allowed to think on our own,  how are we supposed to see truth, to make the difference between what is real and what is fake in a person, to avoid being deceived? I think we should find the answer, and pretty quick, if we don't want to have more and more Islamists and to a certain extent , terrorists.Because not all Islamists are terrorists :D . Some of them are "moderate".If you think about it,each person is  the moderate of another person.

I hope my post wasn't too long , and that it helped answer some questions, or just give you an idea about how things are in Islam. I'm not a scholar, I'm just a person who lives in a Muslim country and has received a Islamic education. It's just my opinion about different matters.

Tags:

anything