Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Japanese can make almost anything better  (Read 8716 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Japanese can make almost anything better
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 01:07:50 AM »
She is a glitch, thats why she glitched the screen. I need to watch this movie yet, but I know that.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Lone Wolf

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 01:44:57 AM »
She is a glitch, thats why she glitched the screen. I need to watch this movie yet, but I know that.

Oh.. lol :D

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 01:47:21 AM »
Why does Wreck-It Ralph become a supporting character in a movie called Wreck-It Ralph?

Lone Wolf

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 02:05:24 AM »
Why does Wreck-It Ralph become a supporting character in a movie called Wreck-It Ralph?

Man, they also made a movie called 'Thomas the Tank Engine' where Thomas was barely appearing on it. Coincidence? I don't think so. lol :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 03:57:44 AM »
Waffle, Im almost at the end of this movie and what you said doesnt make sense. Ralph is the main character all the time. If you tried to say it because of the JP version, well, its called Sugar Rush, not Wreck It Ralph. Since I didn't watched the JP version I cant say anything concrete about it.

edit: Yeah... she starts to greatly steal the spotlight in some scenes, but I still dont think that its enough to she be considered the main character. I expected more from this movie, dont take me bad, its a GREAT movie, but I expected more than simple cameos from the other VG chars.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:02:08 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 12:27:55 PM »
+1
They didn't want the cameos to steal the spotlight. The staff said with the classic characters, they've been done so much over the decades that they all have their own personality already pretty much and that would overshadow the main characters (Ralph, Felix, Vanellope, Turbo, hi-def FPS lady). It's different from Toy Story. Mr. Potato Head never had a personality, so they could make one up for him. Barbie and Ken have always been portrayed as having plasticy personalities by Matel themselves, so it was easy to incorporate them into TS3. Army Men were, well, army men. But with game characters, their personalities are too firmly routed in gamer culture. That's why Bowser and Eggman never talk, Kano's pretty bland, and Clyde -- who never talked outside the cartoon series -- was given the lines.

Anyone else notice at the end of Wreck-It Ralph, Zombie looks like he's jonesing or maybe even just shot heroin before the meeting?

And I kinda like that Mario didn't show up, just had a name drop. "Fashionably late as always." That was such a great, subtle joke. Took me forever to finally get the punchline, but once I got it it made me smile. I can't reveal it, because it'd ruin the joke.

This always makes me smile every time I watch the movie:
Wreck-it Ralph : Adorable winner
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:30:46 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Lone Wolf

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 03:34:24 AM »
This always makes me smile every time I watch the movie:
Wreck-it Ralph : Adorable winner

I think this fits better on the encouragement thread, dude. :)

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 10:10:42 PM »
japanese don't make the all best things, some countrys make very excelent things but japanese have best marketing and every one think they are best but they are not, every one have to look well they can find the best is not the japanese things.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 01:49:21 AM »
I was one that too thought that Ralph would steal the movie and that classic VG characters would be more important. But, still, I liked the movie. The girl was really cute, and the movie had a heart, which is always important in movies.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 10:40:33 AM »
Adult diapers are now a trend in Japan.
I can see how employers could take advantage of that.  :P

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/adult-diapers-surprising-trend-among-japanese-women-172721799.html
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 02:01:47 PM »
Adult diapers are now a trend in Japan.
I can see how employers could take advantage of that.  :P

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/adult-diapers-surprising-trend-among-japanese-women-172721799.html

Well the Japanese office mentality is (like a lot of Japanese culture) supposedly very focused on a group think and group work mentality. You don't want to be perceived as being less committed to your work/company than anyone else, or as being a squeaky wheel. "Live to work rather than work to live." as I've heard it put.
It sounds pretty hellish to someone like myself coming from a country where the importance of individuality (and to an extent, slacking off) has always at least been paid lip-service.

Given that, what I don't understand is the "save time" argument, surely you would spend at least as much time if not more later cleaning yourself up than you would if you just went to the bathroom?

Lone Wolf

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2013, 11:52:17 PM »
Okay... I think there's at least one thing Japanese can't do better...
Tasty Mexican Tacos!!!!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:55:24 PM by Lone Wolf »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 02:21:36 AM »
+1
Well the Japanese office mentality is (like a lot of Japanese culture) supposedly very focused on a group think and group work mentality. You don't want to be perceived as being less committed to your work/company than anyone else, or as being a squeaky wheel. "Live to work rather than work to live." as I've heard it put.
It sounds pretty hellish to someone like myself coming from a country where the importance of individuality (and to an extent, slacking off) has always at least been paid lip-service.

Given that, what I don't understand is the "save time" argument, surely you would spend at least as much time if not more later cleaning yourself up than you would if you just went to the bathroom?

Well, cleaning yourself up happens at home and not in the workplace.
The Japanese are so overworked. Well, they have a word translated as death by overwork.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 10:23:28 AM »
+1
But, but, but...

The smell.

The feeling of sitting in your own shit and piss.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 11:07:24 AM »
But, but, but...

The smell.

The feeling of sitting in your own shit and piss.

Lol!!! ;D You can always wear a diaper.  :P
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything