Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Big Brother Alert: Cameras in the Cable Box to Monitor TV Viewers  (Read 7403 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Big Brother Alert: Cameras in the Cable Box to Monitor TV Viewers
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 08:07:22 AM »
+1
I've gotten rid of my cable a while ago. Too expensive for something that I have to be on their schedule for.

Cable is old news. It's becoming more and more irrelevant in the current world. I have no intentions of going back. I want to watch what I want when I want, and if I'm paying already I really don't want to be interrupted with ads. Though I will admit turning on the TV for a random show, especially on History or Discovery, can be of merit. You can get the same effect though, if you had a pick what you watch service that simply has a 'watch a random thing from this channel' button.

I also don't want to pay for 230 channels I will never watch. Especially when the cable companies keep adding to the list, without you being able to opt out, and then demanding a higher fee. This happens about every 3 months were I live. Unacceptable. If I could have my way I'd get History, History International, Discovery, and Cartoon Network, and maybe a couple of more, like local channels.

So I said, screw em, and dropped it completely. Let me know when we have internet TV where you can choose what you want to watch without all the bull shit.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:09:35 AM by uzo »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 10:01:22 AM »
Well, its not a internet TV, but we can already watch what we want in some sites that have a entire seires and pass one episode after other like in TV. Also Netflix let you choose things if what I heard about it is correct.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 11:32:49 AM »
Oh yes, I'm aware. The only problem is that you are largely getting past seasons at a delayed rate than their initial airing. Japanese media has come to terms with it, and has been releasing anime simulcasting with the episodes on TV. This is great, and I wish to see more of this, as well as American TV following suit.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 11:51:44 AM »
Yes, that would be great, they could even still earn they deserved money in some way but without intrusive ads and we could select what to watch :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
+1
This thread is heading into Creeper Territory...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 01:12:25 PM »
Well, if they are going to see me anyway and there's nothing I can do about it, I can start charging people for that, and we'll go 50/50 with the cable company...
I can become a pioneer in this area.

I just made the thread a little creepier...  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 01:27:08 PM »
+1
I would pay for it...

...more creepier now? xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 01:32:47 PM »
I would pay for it...

...more creepier now? xD
We can arrange that, provided the sum of money is right...
There's different prices, and they depend of the amount of clothes I'm wearing.

Even creepier now  :P
It must be the creepiest thread ever, but I can be wrong, Jorge-sama must know.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 01:37:17 PM »
+2
I've seen creepier.

I guess I won't make a fuss about it if you're ok with it.
Can't rape the willing.  OHSHI~
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »
+1
We can arrange that, provided the sum of money is right...
There's different prices, and they depend of the amount of clothes I'm wearing.

So less cloth means more cheaper right? Since clothes value money it would be more expensive to show them xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 05:18:57 PM »
So less cloth means more cheaper right? Since clothes value money it would be more expensive to show them xD
Oh no, silly, I already have the clothes! The valuable assets don't cost money...
I still have to figure out the prices, but less clothes mean higher prices :P

Something like this:

* Winter clothes, full, with hat, snow glasses, snow boots: $100 per minute.
* Jeans and T-shirt: $200 per minute.
* Everyday summer clothes: $400 per minute.
* Schoogirl costume: $700 per minute.
* Bikini: $1000 per minute.
* Special VIP promotion: $20000, no time limit.

And that's as far as I go, now tell me what kind of plan suits you better and give me your credit card number :P

I've seen creepier.

I guess I won't make a fuss about it if you're ok with it.
Can't rape the willing.  OHSHI~
Hahaha!  ;D
Really? Post the links, please!

By the way, you all know I'm joking! I have so much fun doing this!
You'd all die of surprise if you knew how shy I really am in real life (and my mom would die of surprise if she knew the things I write here or the anime I watch  :P).

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 05:28:12 PM »
Im only have some fun too, its not for real xD

I would add one more 0 digit at the end of the last plan and ask for a more special plan than this Special VIP.

Its better we stop or we will burn this thread. lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 05:32:07 PM »
Im only have some fun too, its not for real xD

I would add one more 0 digit at the end of the last plan and ask for a more special plan than this Special VIP.

Its better we stop or we will burn this thread. lol
Hahaha! But I didn't specify what the VIP plan is...
It consists on me singing anime songs in karaoke with no time limit, wearing cat ears.
Did you have something else in mind? I don't quite follow...  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »
+1
Hahaha! But I didn't specify what the VIP plan is...
It consists on me singing anime songs in karaoke with no time limit, wearing cat ears.
Did you have something else in mind? I don't quite follow...  :P

You follow, since you only mentioned cat ears and nothing else, it means that you are wearing ONLY these cat ears and nothing more. So we return to this:

I'm usually on my underwear watching TV on my bedroom, because I like to watch TV before sleeping (I'm not joking, I really do that), so what right do they have to see me in my underwear? (sometimes not even that, because I also have the TV on when I come out of the shower, and since I'm on my bedroom, why would I care? Now I have to see if the box sees me when I change clothes?).

:P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 02:53:51 AM »
+1
Whoohoo~ Pfil! You're gonna be rich!  ;D

Tags:

anything