Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: We're thinking of moving the Dungeon to a New Host  (Read 8810 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: We're thinking of moving the Dungeon to a New Host
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 07:15:14 AM »
Reverend Uzo coffee mugs

I want royalties.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 06:32:52 PM »
Naturally.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »
I think we can come to a mutually beneficial arrangement with the equally fine folks at Seriously!
http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=65031
In a nutshell Seriously! is looking for clients interested in some fairly cheap hosting that will help offset their own hosting costs and the Dungeon is looking for a cheaper host right?. If the CV dungeon decides to host the site on Seriously! own hosting service, I can see this being a win-win situation. Seriously! gets their hosting cost reduced and the CV Dungeon gets a nice, stable, feature rich and cheap host.
Wow! way to ignore me guys.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »
We haven't moved yet.  You weren't ignored.

However, after weighing in options, we decided to go with SiteGround, as it came highly recommended as tried and true.
Your link was interesting, but it linked to a message board post, whereas other solutions posted from other members with websites came in the form of .com URL's with pricepoints, etc.

Nothing is set in stone, though, as we can do another move later should the tides switch.

We tried to move last week but issues happened.  We will try again in a few days.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:38:30 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything