Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1048324 times)

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2205 on: July 10, 2015, 02:04:15 PM »
Read the update! The castle's going to have 1600 rooms! WTF?!!!!!!! :o

Castlevania SOTN have 1890 rooms I remember.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2206 on: July 10, 2015, 02:07:53 PM »
Castlevania SOTN have 1890 rooms I remember.
With both castles, yeah. But a single castle? That's pretty damn big(a single castle that's a couple hundred or so rooms shy from filling up two separate castles)!

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2207 on: July 10, 2015, 02:33:39 PM »
With both castles, yeah. But a single castle? That's pretty damn big(a single castle that's a couple hundred or so rooms shy from filling up two separate castles)!

yea thats what I initially though of as well, yea symphony had a lot of rooms but it was in a span of 2 different castles that for the most part looked pretty much the same (although one had different colors and was inverted).

This game is going to span 1600 rooms in a single castle, that freaken great.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #2208 on: July 10, 2015, 03:22:20 PM »
Looks like our buddies over at the Bloodstained forums are going to be totally legit now.

You lucky fucks.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2209 on: July 10, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »
Yes thats right new update direct link here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1286023
Thank you!  But has anybody else had trouble using that promo code?  I tried it with two different email addresses and both times it redirected me to a blank page.  When I try to redo it, it tells me I've already used that email address.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2210 on: July 10, 2015, 10:55:54 PM »

All info here: from Neogaf:

Again as it's been stated, Iga developed the original Symphony of the Night with only 20 developers on staff. Also It's a safe guess the budget for SOTN was much smaller then what he has to work with for Bloodstained. Then again development back in 1996 was much less costly then it is today, so there is that to consider.

As for the 1600 Rooms. It's almost as big as the entirety of Symphony of the Night.

Symphony of the Night had a total of 1890 rooms. 942 in the regular castle and 948 in the inverted castle.

There's six squares in the inverted castle that aren't there in the normal castle, which is where the extra 0.6% comes from. (200.6%) as referencing this accuracy map - home.golden.net/~maggi/wbw/2006.html

Now if Bloodstained has a reversed / inverted / mirror Castle. 3200 total would be absolutely massive.

As it stands from a single Castlevania without a secondary castle, Bloodstained would indeed have the largest single Castle on just room count alone. 

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044304&page=224

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2211 on: July 10, 2015, 10:57:06 PM »

GOOD CASTLEVANIA SOTN INFO HERE FROM Neogaf:

Again as it's been stated, Iga developed the original Symphony of the Night with only 20 developers on staff. Also It's a safe guess the budget for SOTN was much smaller then what he has to work with for Bloodstained. Then again development back in 1996 was much less costly then it is today, so there is that to consider.

As for the 1600 Rooms. It's almost as big as the entirety of Symphony of the Night.

Symphony of the Night had a total of 1890 rooms. 942 in the regular castle and 948 in the inverted castle.

There's six squares in the inverted castle that aren't there in the normal castle, which is where the extra 0.6% comes from. (200.6%) as referencing this accuracy map - home.golden.net/~maggi/wbw/2006.html

Now if Bloodstained has a reversed / inverted / mirror Castle. 3200 total would be absolutely massive.

As it stands from a single Castlevania without a secondary castle, Bloodstained would indeed have the largest single Castle on just room count alone. 

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2212 on: July 11, 2015, 12:31:04 PM »

All info here: from Neogaf:

There's over 200.6% in SOTN, and this does not involve using glitches.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2213 on: July 12, 2015, 12:35:21 AM »
There's over 200.6% in SOTN, and this does not involve using glitches.

Definitely in the SS version as it had three new areas not available in the PS1 title. But as far as I'm aware of 200.6% is the most you can fill in the PS1 game without glitching.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
« Reply #2214 on: July 12, 2015, 07:45:33 AM »
Definitely in the SS version as it had three new areas not available in the PS1 title. But as far as I'm aware of 200.6% is the most you can fill in the PS1 game without glitching.

I remember getting 201.00 point something percent on the PSX version leaving very few rooms unchecked, no glitches. It wouldn't be much more than that though. I think the SS version has around 211% from memory.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2215 on: July 12, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »
I remember getting 201.00 point something percent on the PSX version leaving very few rooms unchecked, no glitches. It wouldn't be much more than that though. I think the SS version has around 211% from memory.

IIRC, the Saturn versions areas don't even change the percentage on your map. Then again, I only ever played it once and that was a LOOOOONG time ago, so I could be wrong.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2216 on: July 13, 2015, 10:07:02 PM »
I thought Ben Judd couldn't hype Bloodstained even more and keep being wrong. Damn.
(click to show/hide)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2217 on: July 14, 2015, 06:26:23 AM »
a castle with over 1,600 rooms is better than two smaller castles that are inverted versions of each other.   ;D

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/13/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-will-be-around-1-5x-the-size-of-symphony-of-the-night/

I always felt SOTN's first castle was kinda small.

Also more rooms in Bloodstained, could give us a more meaty castle itself, since the underground is going to eat
up a large % of the rooms (SOTN's underground zones almost took up half of the map).  More castle rooms can make up for it.

and just look at the Bloodstained ROTN's castle, that's definitely more massive than SOTN's castle.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #2218 on: July 15, 2015, 05:21:07 AM »
The only thing giving me pause is that one of Curse of Darkness's selling points was how huge it was, and how IGA said that Curse's smallest area was larger than Lament's largest area. Once the game was released, we found out that it was indeed huge - huge, flat, and empty. PoR was also one of the largest of the Metroidvanias, and it too suffered from a lot of repetitive rooms and design.

Of course, IntiCreates is a totally different beast altogether and OoE had a much better and tighter design than PoR.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #2219 on: July 15, 2015, 07:18:06 AM »
The only thing giving me pause is that one of Curse of Darkness's selling points was how huge it was, and how IGA said that Curse's smallest area was larger than Lament's largest area. Once the game was released, we found out that it was indeed huge - huge, flat, and empty. PoR was also one of the largest of the Metroidvanias, and it too suffered from a lot of repetitive rooms and design.

Of course, IntiCreates is a totally different beast altogether and OoE had a much better and tighter design than PoR.

While I don't necessarily agree that OoE was tighter and less repetitive than PoR (I actually think some parts of OoE were slightly worse. But in the end it was definitely a better game than PoR IMO) I too am worried about the layout of the castle. CoD had so much potential and I really bought into the talk about how huge it was. It's one of those game that would've been better had it been about 50% smaller, tbh..

I hope Inti (or IGA) thinks about these things. Bigger is not always better.

Tags:

anything