Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 980697 times)

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3015 on: August 13, 2017, 03:31:57 AM »
A lot of people are complaining about the movement speed, but IIRC it's exactly the same as it was in SoTN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rKQia86-Bc

People are just a bunch of impatient children these days. If you can't speedrun it, it's apparently no good.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3016 on: August 13, 2017, 04:19:01 AM »
People are just a bunch of impatient children these days. If you can't speedrun it, it's apparently no good.

Fuck I can't stand people.. They're the worst!!!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3017 on: August 13, 2017, 11:04:36 AM »
+1
A person is smart, people are dumb, panicky, dangerous creatures and you know it. --Tommy Lee Jones, Men in Black.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3018 on: August 17, 2017, 04:10:17 AM »
it's probably because of the screen ratio. all previous 2d castlevanias were 4:3 or variations of that. bloodstained is widescreen, so there's extra space on both sides, creating the illusion that miriam is moving slower. there's just more ground to cover.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3019 on: August 17, 2017, 09:29:03 AM »
I personally don't mind if Miriam is moving at her current rate. If they want to speed her up a bit then they can do that via an item pick-up like in the other games.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3020 on: August 17, 2017, 02:04:02 PM »
Walk speed is the same as in SOTN, people are just fucking stupid. Does this honestly surprise you?

THIS

And seriously, people think the graphics are bad? What?

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3021 on: August 18, 2017, 10:14:01 AM »

yea it reminds me of the toxic side of the hollow minded Dynasty Warriors fanbase that play the games solely for the twitchy stage select, cutscene driven, and instant gratification action, that are complaining about open world and ignoring the fans that want and UNDERSTAND open world.

"duhhhhh why open world? that's too big for my pea brain mind."

"duhhhh there is nothing to do in open world, I too dumb to create my own fun in a open world"

"duhhh travel is too long, I want teleport travel, dat open world is too long and make me feel slowww"

"duhh there is no action. I want action everywhere all the time"

it's because of those idiots complaining about things that aren't problems, that more open minded people don't get more nice things.   even if a developer gives options for both playstyles, they still complain.   ;D

and they also complain about clone moveset, which is dumb because they can't even begin to make the game more realistic and immersive, if people have too ridiculous weapons to begin with.  and even previous DW games showed that character with same type of weapon, can still have moveset differences.

and then there are the backwards thinking fools that think the series should cut characters, when all characters have their fans,  so really the bad complainers really are a bad influence if the devs listen to them overall.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:16:44 AM by affinity »

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #3022 on: August 18, 2017, 02:26:35 PM »
+1

Tonight at 5 PM Pacific: Your Questions Answered by 505 Games

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1965881

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #3023 on: August 21, 2017, 05:00:18 AM »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3024 on: August 29, 2017, 06:16:55 PM »
You guys might like this, our publisher representative, Angel-Corlux, visited IGA in Japan and talked about some of the plans for Bloodstained. If you look closely you can see a teaser for something...;D

http://bloodstainedfanforums.com/thread/2562/story-time-games-trip-artplay

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #3025 on: August 29, 2017, 08:28:39 PM »
...missing it so far, but it's late and I'm tired...I'll look again tomorrow.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3026 on: August 30, 2017, 12:34:13 AM »
...missing it so far, but it's late and I'm tired...I'll look again tomorrow.

Look closely at what Angel-Corlux used to cover up IGA's information. Doesn't the one on the bottom, covering up his mail, look like it could be something new? ;D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3027 on: August 30, 2017, 06:01:16 AM »
Look closely at what Angel-Corlux used to cover up IGA's information. Doesn't the one on the bottom, covering up his mail, look like it could be something new? ;D
Looks like a rifle trigger or something.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3028 on: August 30, 2017, 08:25:11 AM »
interviewers should always ask about how common whips are to find and use.  whips should be just as common as swords, so whip fans can do 100% whip runs if they want to.    the arsenal shouldn't designed in such a way where like swords outclass or outdamage whips.    whips should be common and viable from the very beginning.

and there should be just as much variety of whips as there are other weapons.

Offline XombieMike

• Hunter in Training
  • I'm interested in this
    • Bloodstained Fan Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #3029 on: August 30, 2017, 11:38:09 AM »
+1
I don't think they read this forum for suggestions, since they have the Bloodstained Fan Forums with a section dedicated for that, making it easier for them receive feedback.

You would be surprised at the cross over. These are exactly the same kinds of things brought up. I try to encourage the Bloodstained forum members to connect here as well, and I believe that people get wind of what important places such as CV Dungeon think about the games progress. Movement speed was brought up due to Angel-Corlux asking me to ask him that during the interview recently. That could have been because of this thread directly or indirectly.

Also, because Gunlord moderates both places he is very diligent about keeping the staff informed of the relevant opinions here.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:40:08 AM by XombieMike »
XombieMike- DM of the Castlevania Ravenloft RPG
admin at bloodstained.forums.net

Tags: