Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982153 times)

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3060 on: September 29, 2017, 08:28:46 PM »
well I have like a 32" screen, though still I think Miriam and everyone will still look tiny, the gameplay and presentation would have more impact up close, and besides, the speed of this game is not so fast,  people would still be able to be aware of their surroundings and dodge things that even come from out of view,  well on the plus side, it seems the zoom level is closer than Castlevania HD's tightest zoom level, though it wouldn't hurt to add a closer zoom.  ;D

the backers should push for it, all it takes is an extra option added to the settings.  this is a $5,000,000 funded project after all.   

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3061 on: October 02, 2017, 07:24:29 PM »
Hey guys! Pardon me for the request, but if you don't have an account at the Bloodstained fan forums, you might want to sign up so you can vote on this:

http://bloodstainedfanforums.com/thread/2647/operation-art-legacy?page=1&scrollTo=48035

The development team is paying attention to these polls, so many responses mean you might have a chance to influence how the art direction of Bloodstained turns out! Give it a look~

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3062 on: October 03, 2017, 10:23:32 AM »
Bloodstained's current art style is fine with me, why would they vote on changing it?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3063 on: October 04, 2017, 01:20:51 AM »
The response is overwhelming anyway. No need to sign up for that.
I'm thinking they will have an art gallery for her works?

Offline XombieMike

• Hunter in Training
  • I'm interested in this
    • Bloodstained Fan Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #3064 on: October 04, 2017, 07:58:27 AM »
Thanks Gunlord. Everyone, please... I hate to ask, but I think it's important to vote yes. It may appear like the response is overwhelming, but look at it from the publisher view. 468 votes may sound like a lot to you, but this is a game backed by 65,000. The post has been updated to reflect new information, but I'll try and summarize.

It's not about changing the art style of the game. This is about changing the marketing art assets as its presented to the public. IntiCreates is no longer part of the main project. Natsume sans artwork isn't an option anymore. DICO is doing production work, but this game needs an art style to define it from here on out in a market friendly way. Not just for Bloodstained, but also for any future games.

IGA isn't taking full advantage of Mana's artistic potential. As it was explained to me, I don't think he has the resources to currently do so. This voting thing is to convince 505 Games to push a bit more money at IGA so that he can man an easy decision about this, and trust me 505 has their eyes on this poll.

Look, maybe 1000+ votes is a bit much to expect. Let's at least get 505 yes votes and then throw it to the publisher.

There are two paths before you. Have Mana's style appear more to help sell the game and possible future games, or get by with minimal marketing material from DICO. Mana's style obviously upholds the legacy. DICO has provided monster and character concept art, but the only post IntiCreates promotional art assets we have seen is the new poster art by Mana.

Come on, Army of the Night. IGA is probably too humble to expect his fans to be able to make a publisher consider this. Let's show 505 Games we are a passionate group who can be both respectful and organized.

It's a weird feeling to see almost 4000 guests visit the forum in a 24 hour span and not have that poll at 1000 by now. It's not like it costs anything. ArtPlay (IGA) pays for that forum's hosting costs. I'd like to think it's worth it.

http://bloodstainedfanforums.com/thread/2647/operation-art-legacy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:01:46 AM by XombieMike »
XombieMike- DM of the Castlevania Ravenloft RPG
admin at bloodstained.forums.net

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3065 on: October 04, 2017, 11:54:07 PM »
Yeah, Mike nailed it. Mana's a great artist, so just a few more votes for her could secure her in Bloodstained's future! I know it's a bit to ask, but registering at the Bloodstained forums is easy. Could some of you guys just sign up and vote, just for me? I know you guys love ol' Gunlord :D Just let your old buddy call in this one favor, I'll make it up to you someday <3 Please please? :D

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3066 on: October 05, 2017, 09:54:54 AM »
Mana actually cares to have Miriam smile in a charismatic way, and great style overall, they get the colors overall better too.

overall both styles are solid, though yea Mana's style is very vibrant, extra beautiful, and looks more marketable, while still having a mature look to it and preserves the Bloodstained atmosphere

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3067 on: October 05, 2017, 05:35:54 PM »
Just one more vote and we'll have 505 votes for Mana-mana, just enough for 505 games!!! :D :D :D :D

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #3068 on: October 13, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »
YEHAA MORE NEWS!!!!

Bloodstained at NYCC 2017 Post-Action Report!
http://bloodstainedfanforums.com/thread/2688/bloodstained-nycc-2017-action-report

More pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/DeLbs
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:49:56 PM by Castle34hk »

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3069 on: October 14, 2017, 08:28:06 AM »
YEHAA MORE NEWS!!!!

Bloodstained at NYCC 2017 Post-Action Report!
http://bloodstainedfanforums.com/thread/2688/bloodstained-nycc-2017-action-report

More pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/DeLbs
thanks for sharing!! LOL that Spartan II next to Miriam, as well as that Bloodborne character near Bloodstained art, are so amusing  xD

Offline XombieMike

• Hunter in Training
  • I'm interested in this
    • Bloodstained Fan Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #3070 on: October 14, 2017, 04:01:31 PM »
XombieMike- DM of the Castlevania Ravenloft RPG
admin at bloodstained.forums.net

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3071 on: October 17, 2017, 06:49:45 PM »
what? what about option to play as Bloodless?   oh right, they are adding Boss Revenge mode.   

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #3072 on: October 31, 2017, 01:38:31 PM »
Development Update - New Music, New Video, And Coming Attractions

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2020089

YES UPDATE 56 NOW YESSS!!

;D ;D

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3073 on: October 31, 2017, 06:24:34 PM »
Development Update - New Music, New Video, And Coming Attractions

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2020089

YES UPDATE 56 NOW YESSS!!

;D ;D

cool fanart too!!  great video , though it counts as spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co-h7zOA8yY

yea it seems they cant show new things without spoiling more of the game.   though yea that's the greatest IGAvania boss track ever.  yea Bloodless also has it, it's a perfect standard boss fight theme!!  ^.^

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3074 on: November 01, 2017, 01:28:49 AM »
Gears of fortune is a great track too, possibly my favorite so far, and it's not even composed by Yamane (I guess?).

Tags:

anything