Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 209647 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2011, 10:21:32 AM »
I guess you could say she's a blood countess due to her habit of sleeping inside a stone sarcophagus filled with blood. Like in Vampire hunter D: Bloodlust or the original Carmilla novel.
Maybe I can sprite her with some blood based attacks?
any chance at more music samples? :P I'm dying for more of that music.
Well that is primary Warmachine's department, but i'll bring it up. We do have plans for a preview vid for the OST for you guys!  ;)

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2011, 06:58:08 AM »
that would be awesome

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2011, 10:13:47 AM »
Maybe I can sprite her with some blood based attacks?

This would make an awesome boss fight! You could also have it like this: First off you fight her mask. Once defeated, you then fight her spirit form, after that her blood-drenched body crawls out of her tomb and the really tough-as-nails battle begins. All bloody and messy. Just a though you don't need to  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2011, 07:16:35 PM »
that would be awesome
Thanks for the words dude! Sorry i took so long to get back at you guys, work's been kicking my ass and i just got a new recording program to learn to play with (finally getting the hang of it, WICKED sounding good stuff now duders!) and on top of that i am FINALLY getting my band back on its feet so my schedule has been all over the friggin board these past few days! lol. Anyways, tomorrow im sure i'll be booked up solid BUT with the weekend then God willing I will be able to hook up some new tunes and whip together (cue joke jingle, tih tih, CHEEEEAAA lol) a promo vid for the game and OST.  Until then, if you guys want to check some of my older tunes, check out the link in my profile info.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2011, 08:42:47 PM »
BNC I I have a question: in your demo video of the game between 4:30 to 5 minutes you use a sky that looks very much like the one in SOTN's chapel stage, and intro. And by this I mean it genuinely looks like it is scrolling away from the player. How did you do this?  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2011, 11:14:42 PM »
BNC I I have a question: in your demo video of the game between 4:30 to 5 minutes you use a sky that looks very much like the one in SOTN's chapel stage, and intro. And by this I mean it genuinely looks like it is scrolling away from the player. How did you do this?  8)

It is and it was done with the power of Mode 7 graphics with Multimedia Fusion 2.

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2011, 03:15:22 AM »
It is and it was done with the power of Mode 7 graphics with Multimedia Fusion 2.

Can you give me more details please? I would like to do something very similar in game maker 8.1.
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2011, 04:04:23 AM »
This would make an awesome boss fight! You could also have it like this: First off you fight her mask. Once defeated, you then fight her spirit form, after that her blood-drenched body crawls out of her tomb and the really tough-as-nails battle begins. All bloody and messy. Just a though you don't need to  ;D
X, that sounds pretty gnarly to me!  I think that would be pretty bad ass! 8)

Hi Esco.  Darkman pretty much summed it up.  It was the same clouds from the chapel from SOTN, i just changed the color to match my background.  As for Mode7, its kind of hard to explain really, i have little experience using Game Maker, but basically in MMF2, it is used like a 3D form of parallax.  You have your typical X and Y coordinates to play with but you also have a Z coordinate as well.  Adjusting these in different ways allows you to add the angled look like in the vid and SOTN.  I know that's not really a great example, but in a nutshell that's how it works.  Mode7 pretty much does its thing on its own using MMF2, and all you have to do is code the direction, speed, angle, etc.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2011, 06:31:01 PM »
Vamprotector Title 1-3

Check out the completed title screen! Yes, the game is alive and well and kickin! Feedback appreciated!

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2011, 12:22:27 AM »
X, that sounds pretty gnarly to me!  I think that would be pretty bad ass! 8)

Hi Esco.  Darkman pretty much summed it up.  It was the same clouds from the chapel from SOTN, i just changed the color to match my background.  As for Mode7, its kind of hard to explain really, i have little experience using Game Maker, but basically in MMF2, it is used like a 3D form of parallax.  You have your typical X and Y coordinates to play with but you also have a Z coordinate as well.  Adjusting these in different ways allows you to add the angled look like in the vid and SOTN.  I know that's not really a great example, but in a nutshell that's how it works.  Mode7 pretty much does its thing on its own using MMF2, and all you have to do is code the direction, speed, angle, etc.

Thank you BMC, and you too also, Darkmanx. I have looked up Mode 7 in GM, and there is an engine out there that should allow me to duplicate it! 8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2011, 03:52:27 AM »
Thank you BMC, and you too also, Darkmanx. I have looked up Mode 7 in GM, and there is an engine out there that should allow me to duplicate it! 8)
No problem dude, good luck!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2011, 04:58:11 PM »

No prob man, what are you trying to use it for anywayz? Or are you just using it for special effects purposes?

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2011, 08:25:40 AM »
Vamprotector Title 1-3

Check out the completed title screen! Yes, the game is alive and well and kickin! Feedback appreciated!

I think I heard this version somewhere before but I'm not sure, is this song an original one?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2011, 01:51:39 PM »
I think I heard this version somewhere before but I'm not sure, is this song an original one?
Yep. It's Clock Tower from the DS CastleVania. Warmachine hooked the song up. It's an original varation of the theme written by Warmachine. So it's the first time this version of the song is available to the public.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2011, 05:00:58 PM »
Yep. It's Clock Tower from the DS CastleVania.
Don't you mean the AoS Clock Tower? I remember the intro part clear as day.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.