Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The future of Castlevania / MercurySteam / Dave Cox  (Read 6235 times)

Offline theo_

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: The future of Castlevania / MercurySteam / Dave Cox
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 12:10:45 PM »
oh god please not contra. already butchered castlevania, please leave contra ALOOOONE

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 04:13:50 AM »
oh god please not contra. already butchered castlevania, please leave contra ALOOOONE

Um, Contra is a pure arcade .. not a great story ... just an arcade, I see no problem to make a version. I agree it is very difficult to make a current version of a game like Contra because you can be accused of copying thousand games. (Bionic Commando example).  But I always liked Contra and is currently dead, if it is on platforms like Android or IOS so I prefer to see a new Contra back on next generation consoles than not see a Contra ....

With respect to LOS tell you two things. First I found the best game of the year, was the most played and the most I had fun. Luckily I bought it because it had initially ruled out my shopping list for the notes of the media, but a friend recommended it to me. Second, if it is very good game but does not stop being a castlevania, that's true, I missed some things like hearts in chandeliers, more exploration, a character more, something RPG ... but as action game with good story was the best, I loved it and I'm pretty sure I'll like MoF and los2, but as I like the game related to the world of Castlevania, but not as a thoroughbred castlevania. It's like what happens to castlevania the arcade, related to the world of Castlevania but not a Castlevania clasic.. but I have no problem playing it and enjoy it as anyone else.

For the future .. mmm I think it would only work on 3DS or Vita games with 2.5D graphics but with more 2D style .. something like Donkey Kong .. I do not see any way a 2D Castlevania XBOX720 or Play4 selling (Xbox Live and PlayStation Store exceptions..).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:15:57 AM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 09:54:34 AM »
QTEs aside I actually enjoyed the "Intense Whip Action" of Lords of Shadow. ;D I liked how they took the groundwork of Lament of Innocence and then built on it. But indeed the QTEs were annoying as hell. Especially after the fourth or fifth chapter.

Actually the GoW combat was okay and I liked it...in GoW. But in LoS Gabriel has to wail on an enemy for a long time before they die. In GoW it only took one or two seconds to drop the weakest of enemies. In LoS the weakest enemies died after roughly 30 seconds to a full minute. Ridiculous. It was not a smart thing for Mercurysteam to do.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 10:44:47 AM »
A few things here:

Well yes and no. You are right that if Lords did as well as they say then one would think they would continue along the model of doing what is best for business. However, most publishers these days have gone batshit crazy and have no problem screwing over their fanbase, making bad business decisions, and just overall being dicks because they can. I'm looking at Capcom, Sega, and Square-Enix specifically. Of course Konami appears to have more business sense than any of those companies so perhaps you're right.

I think we can all agree that there is not a whole lot of sense on konami's part.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 04:03:06 AM »
I think we can all agree that there is not a whole lot of sense on konami's part.

I second the motion.

We just have to wait and see which development team would be passed the CV torch. And hope that would save the franchise.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 05:03:13 PM »
I'm really, really hoping for a WayForward developed Castlevania, and if that cannot be possible, Platinum.

But, of course, the ideal scenario would be for the fantastic three to come back (IGA-Michiru-Ayami).
Hey, we can dream, can't we? :)

Another great scenario would be another japanese Metroidvania, even if the staff is formed by new people or people that previously worked on the series (like composers Sotaro Tojima, Yuzo Koshiro or Yasuhiro Ichihashi, whose works on the series I love).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags:

anything