Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The "Era of no Belmont"  (Read 17088 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 11:43:44 PM »
Its shown in Radio Drama that Richter is doing well and using the whip without problems after SotN, so it must be something else other than this brainwash thing.
It would have to be something AFTER that. There could've been something that took place after the radio drama(perhaps that cancelled IGA Alucard game).

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 12:20:13 AM »
+1
What are you waiting, stupid lazy Konami? >:(

Lords of Shadow 2.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 01:15:13 AM »
It would have to be something AFTER that. There could've been something that took place after the radio drama(perhaps that cancelled IGA Alucard game).

Lords of Shadow 2.

Do you guys think that we will get the cancelled Alucard game developed by a new studio around a year after LoS 2 is released?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 03:19:13 AM »
Do you guys think that we will get the cancelled Alucard game developed by a new studio around a year after LoS 2 is released?

I won't raise my hopes, only to let it shatter.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 03:30:14 AM »
Probably not. And I am actually hoping not. Not because I am anti Igrashi but because his strengths don't lie in the 3D realm. I think its reasonable to assume that Alucard game would have suffered from similar flaws of Curse of Darkness and Lament of Innocene. I am actually hoping Igrashi comes back with the 1999 game in 2D or some great 2D castlevania game after LOS.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:35:25 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 04:36:41 AM »
Some people are still hoping for this? I'm pretty sure it's dead and burried since the development of LoS1.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 05:01:08 AM »
+1

To be honest, i think that it's resting along side resurrection, never meant to be seen the day light.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 08:50:50 AM »
+1
Konami's opinion on the matter:

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 09:01:57 AM »
Konami's opinion on the matter:

The image made me imagine this is ending to Igrashi Castlevania or Mercury Steam Castlevania but with Castlevania characters :P.
Konami : You want an explanation. Here is your explanation!
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:10:58 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 09:15:52 AM »
+1
That's a perfect opportunity to have a game explaining that.

Oh, come on! Iga had plenty of opportunities to explain why but decided to make a bunch of pointless sequels instead.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 02:38:09 PM »
But I didn't mention Iga, I even speculated about the Alucard game developed by a new studio.
I don't think he made pointless sequels, but imagine he did, OK. We still can have a game happening in that time period explaining the events which are we currently guessing about in this thread.
I think the essence of what it is can make a very compelling story.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 03:08:12 PM »
That's a perfect opportunity to have a game explaining that.

Uhhh it's konami I don't know what to say to that uhh ugga booga?

But I didn't mention Iga, I even speculated about the Alucard game developed by a new studio.
I don't think he made pointless sequels, but imagine he did, OK. We still can have a game happening in that time period explaining the events which are we currently guessing about in this thread.

True but that was an iga made game so that's his project if I'm wrong tell me but as for the Alucard game all of you probably all ready know my answer to this but I'll pass but I would be interested in it if Troy Baker voiced Richter that would have sold me. 
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »
I think they were pretty clear about what the Whip's Memory is. Like the description says it's nothing more than a manifestation of the whip's memory of it's last wielder. Now the fact that both John and possibly Quincy used the whip before Jonathan infers that the last wielder means the last Belmont wielder. This is further evidenced by the need of a ritual for Jonathan to be able to use the whip at any measure of it's full potential without it outright killing him.

What you said doesnt contradict anything that I have said, you know that right? We are only trying to create theories here, since a lack of evidence doesnt let us create something more consistent :P

Also this ritual was not for "Jonathan to be able to use the whip at any measure of it's full potential without it outright killing him", he CAN'T use it properly without this ritual and the whip will kill him anyway if he overuse it like John did.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »

I mentioned Iga because he is the reason why the explanation was never told. In my opinion, games like DoS, Curse of Darkness, Order of Ecclesia, etc. were pointless because they did nothing to progress the Castlevania story line. If anything, they created more questions.   

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »
Indeed, they created more questions, but listening to Curse of Darkness and Order of Eclessia soundtracks so frequently, I would never say those games were pointless, or any other CV game for that matter.
Not to mention that, apart from listening to CV music every day, all those are games that I love to play again from time to time.
More questions? From a point of view, that's good. It means more games, more soundtracks...

Tags: