Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Halloween! 2013  (Read 27638 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »
a school thats out for halloween!? damn wish Id grown up there!

I never got out of school for Halloween, but I do fondly remember trick'r treating several times each year. Different towns in the area had trick'r treat on different days (one would have it on Friday, another Saturday etc.) so we'd travel to all the different towns, I suspect a lot of people did. This had the added benefit of letting me wear 2 or 3 different costumes some years.

I dunno if Im gonna *need* as costume this year but I usually make a new coat sometime between this month and november. I dunno if I posted pics here before or not but I made this last year (coat and mask)

You did actually! In last year's Halloween thread. Pretty neat costume.

Speaking of that thread, it reminds me to bring in some more seasonal music like this one from last year.
They're Coming to Get You, Barbara
Recounting the story of the Night of the Living Dead, which if you haven't seen you should watch now. I'd say it's almost certainly one of the best movies in the public domain, right up there with Nosferatu. Night of the Living Dead : Karl Hardman, Russell Streiner : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:49:55 PM by Ratty »

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 09:55:49 PM »
shows how much I remember about what I post lol

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 09:56:16 PM »
Wow, we have already reached this point of year already? Time surely flies :O

Since a year have been passed, what about my english? Its better, worse or the same?

As usual, Umineko Halloween!

Happy Halloween Maria Eng & Romaji Subtitles

Expect even more Umineko and tricks from me in Halloween hahahaha
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 12:58:52 AM »
+1
I won't be doing much. I would most likely be preparing for Christmas.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 04:24:50 AM »
Halloween is on October 31st. Another month and a half. You people have no patience.  :P

I've decided to dress up as King Diamond. When I get the chance, since Halloween isn't celebrated in my country.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 04:51:22 AM »
Taking my wife out here. It'll be her 1st one, and my 2nd:

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 06:31:37 AM »
+2
Halloween is on October 31st. Another month and a half. You people have no patience.  :P

Ministry - Everyday Is Halloween
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 10:08:41 AM »
I won't be doing much. I would most likely be preparing for Christmas.

It's way, way too early to prepare for Christmas. Wait till December then you'll be in the correct month.  :)  although I'm assuming you do it to avoid the Christmas rush when things are chaotic.

This is what I loath about today's consumerism. All the stores get decked out for Christmas after Halloween's almost over and they don't even wait for November to pass, they just go straight to next holiday. I don't want to see Christmas stuff in October nor November. Just December where we've always seen it. Otherwise I'd get really tired of seeing Christmas stuff constantly for several months, and that's not how it should be. They never used to do that when I was still a kid but somewhere along the way to my adulthood, someone/someones got the silly idea into their heads to push back the Christmas sales to November then back again to October. What's next? September?! October is the month for Halloween. November is the month of remembrance. December is the month of Christmas; not before.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 10:42:18 AM »
+1
Ministry - Everyday Is Halloween

What's next? September?! October is the month for Halloween. November is the month of remembrance. December is the month of Christmas; not before.

These type of things can create bizarre creatures...

It seems that they even created a even called "Creepmas".
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 01:36:27 PM »
I'm expecting to see some pics of everyone who dresses up this Halloween! Either on this thread, or the photo thread.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 09:15:56 PM »
I watched Rob Zombie's Halloween last night, and while it was a big fat load of suck, I was kind of inspired by Myers' chintzy masks to maybe do my own.

Even if I don't, I'ma carve a pumpkin again this year. Got a design fleshed out and ready to go.

Posted this before, but here's last October's jack-o'-lantern:

(click to show/hide)

And I think I'll start playing through Costume Quest soon just so it doesn't interfere with my horror movie watchin'. :p Last year I barely got any flicks in due to court and playing the game.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 11:27:09 PM »
It's way, way too early to prepare for Christmas. Wait till December then you'll be in the correct month.  :)  although I'm assuming you do it to avoid the Christmas rush when things are chaotic.

This is what I loath about today's consumerism. All the stores get decked out for Christmas after Halloween's almost over and they don't even wait for November to pass, they just go straight to next holiday. I don't want to see Christmas stuff in October nor November. Just December where we've always seen it. Otherwise I'd get really tired of seeing Christmas stuff constantly for several months, and that's not how it should be. They never used to do that when I was still a kid but somewhere along the way to my adulthood, someone/someones got the silly idea into their heads to push back the Christmas sales to November then back again to October. What's next? September?! October is the month for Halloween. November is the month of remembrance. December is the month of Christmas; not before.

I really do my Christmas shopping early, so that when December starts, the gifts are ready to go. I hate the December rush and the maddening crowds! And some items might get sold at higher prices when December comes.

I know a country where Christmas starts in September.
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/05/world/asia/irpt-xmas-philippines-traditions

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 11:31:36 PM »
Seeing as we don't celebrate Halloween where I'm at, I guess I'll just be waiting for some fan projects to be released in Halloween, like Vampire Variations II and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 01:01:41 PM »
I watched Rob Zombie's Halloween last night, and while it was a big fat load of suck

I know right? I've rarely seen a filmmaker miss the entire point of a character so hard before. "Hey guys I've got this character who's whole appeal is that he's unexplainably evil to the point that he might actually be a demon. I know! I'll spend the first hour or so of the movie with him as a little kid to show that a crappy abusive childhood turned him into a killer." that's some latter-day George Lucas film making right there. I hear the sequel has Rob Zombie's wife on a unicorn telling Myers to kill people (no really) so I guess there's that.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:19:48 PM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 04:40:40 PM »
I'll probably watch the sequel just out of curiosity. To be honest, I always hated how the original sequel
(click to show/hide)
I always thought that kind of ruined the feel of the original film. Well, not ruin it, since it's still a great flick, I just have to watch it as a standalone piece and ignore what was established later, because it doesn't make sense to me. There really should never have been any sequels.

That said, I like II and III and to some extent 4.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything