Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1046349 times)

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1785 on: June 08, 2015, 06:19:07 PM »
+1
It's only fitting that the guy who illustrates the Vampire Hunter D series finally gets involved with Igarashi.

Offline BalancedHydra

• Hunter in Training
  • Picture a Hydra on a tight rope.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1786 on: June 08, 2015, 06:36:14 PM »
It's only fitting that the guy who illustrates the Vampire Hunter D series finally gets involved with Igarashi.

Amen to that. Even to this day, I find VHD: Bloodlust to be one of the most beautiful animation I've seen.

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1787 on: June 08, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »
That gameplay video was awesome. Inti Creates are a great team.
(click to show/hide)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1788 on: June 08, 2015, 07:07:28 PM »
The animations don't look like IGAVANIA games but the visual style they nailed. Feels like castlevania.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1789 on: June 08, 2015, 07:16:01 PM »
Whooooaaaa I didn't think we'd see anything so soon!

Looks a lot like Castlevania and it's only just a super early build, the feel and everything looks like a proper successor!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1790 on: June 08, 2015, 07:37:20 PM »
To be fair guys, it's just a single looping room. The point was to show off animations to IGA and get his feedback. No point yet in crowning in the new SotN killer.

...but yeah it looks much better than MN9 already even though it's an alpha-alpha-alpha build of a single looping room to show off animations to IGA.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1791 on: June 08, 2015, 07:58:15 PM »
Hard to tell much off of the video. I love the look so far from what I can tell.

That part when he talked about hating precision jumping bugged me.
He's still got the same attitude of making platformer games without any platforming challenge. I just can't get on board with the cakewalk level designs.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1792 on: June 08, 2015, 07:59:16 PM »
Hard to tell much off of the video. I love the look so far from what I can tell.

He's still got the same attitude of making platformer games without any platforming challenge. I just can't get on board with the cakewalk level designs.

At least there's the classic mode... Also that pacing/strut she has would be perfect for classic mode, seriously.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:07:22 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1793 on: June 08, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »
To be fair guys, it's just a single looping room. The point was to show off animations to IGA and get his feedback.

It still takes a lot of work to even get that far honestly.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1794 on: June 08, 2015, 08:10:14 PM »
I also find IGA saying he hates precision jumping a little disheartening. We're all used to it, we all know what an Igavania is so it's to be expected, but it would certainly be nice to see some more difficult jumps in this game. Ain't gonna happen, I guess.

I haven't followed up on Mighty No. 9 really, just waiting to see the final thing, but the difference between IGA and Inafune is that the former is a game designer whereas Inafune, to my understanding, is more of a producer. After all, he was an artist during the Mega Man series' greatest years, and I've never been too fond of the ones he produced. With IGA and Inti Creates at the helm, I expect a much more efficient and skilled development.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:13:08 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1795 on: June 08, 2015, 08:11:33 PM »
It still takes a lot of work to even get that far honestly.

If it takes that much work then is it still possible to release it in '17 I'm curious about this kind of stuff and while there is game club on our campus it's still foreign to me. So I guess what I'm asking Uzo is how long would something like this take? 

I also find IGA saying he hates precision jumping a little disheartening. We're all used to it, we all know what an Igavania is so it's to be expected, but it would certainly be nice to see some more difficult jumps in this game. Ain't gonna happen, I guess.

What if we were to flood twitter/facebook?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1796 on: June 08, 2015, 08:34:11 PM »
I'm fairly impressed with the update. I hadn't expected them to get to work so soon, and what they have matches what they first showed us almost perfectly. I guess any worries about the game looking nothing like the concept art can be put to rest. Though perhaps not entirely, since as Hero said, this is just alpha alpha alpha. Still, I'm happy they're beginning work even before the KS is finished! With that dedication, they should be able to meet or at least hit near the 2017 deadline well enough.

Miriam looks very cool, with the aura and the petals. I'm only happy about two things. First, her jump attack animation is the same as her normal standing animation--but I'm sure they'll add in more animations as they progress. Second, she seems to slouch a bit when she's walking...but again, I'm sure they'll spruce her up. :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1797 on: June 08, 2015, 09:00:55 PM »

He don't make platform games. He makes exploration based games. And he's right: shit (precision platforming) sucks in them. They're never and shouldn't be about difficult platforming, but about how good the exploration is.

The reason why SOTN is fucking great isn't because how difficult it is to jump on platforms in that game. Which is great. Besides, precision platformer will be in the game, with Classic Mode.

BTW: Castlevania, even the classics, never had difficult platforming (except some very few instances in some games).

Also, I wouldn't get overworked about the animations. There are only two of them in the game (for Miriam, they already animated the monsters). They didn't really worked well on that, just made adjustments to show to Iga the concept art in a playable form. There'll be lots of animation, turn animations, jump animations, crouch animations... etc.

If it takes that much work then is it still possible to release it in '17 I'm curious about this kind of stuff and while there is game club on our campus it's still foreign to me. So I guess what I'm asking Uzo is how long would something like this take? 
Expect a delay. No kickstater game was released in time at all.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:14:08 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1798 on: June 08, 2015, 10:12:06 PM »
Back in the day, when there was a flood of ROM hacks for Castlevania 1, there were a few ROM hackers who would have a thing for making "Three Block Jumps".  Like, those super-precision jumps that require you to be at the very edge of a block to make the jump.

I found that those stupid ways of bloating the difficulty were not fun.

Having said that, a few jumping locations with hazards like the collapsing tower in CVIII or the endless tower in Super CVIV are welcome.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1799 on: June 08, 2015, 10:17:51 PM »
Back in the day, when there was a flood of ROM hacks for Castlevania 1, there were a few ROM hackers who would have a thing for making "Three Block Jumps".  Like, those super-precision jumps that require you to be at the very edge of a block to make the jump.

I found that those stupid ways of bloating the difficulty were not fun.

Having said that, a few jumping locations with hazards like the collapsing tower in CVIII or the endless tower in Super CVIV are welcome.

This. There's nothing wrong with reasonably hard platforming right? I guess what I'm trying to say is when I make that hard jumps or something I feel good about making it. I'm not asking for dracula x kind of stuff but rather along side the platforming of the nes trilogy, bloodlines and say belmont's revenge( why is it that no one talk about this game it's a hidden gem  :D )

Expect a delay. No kickstater game was released in time at all.

Not one kickstarted game was released on time? Wow.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 10:21:07 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

anything